Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

thank you very much for your input! I am always trying to "save" a little. .... as far as which games, ours would play just about anything lol.. But... I think I am just going to stop trying to compare the 2 deals. I have one on it's way already, it was a good price.. and i'll use the $50 credit once Amazon starts their "toy deals" so it will all work out, and I wont have to worry about pushing and getting pushed to maybe get one at walmart. thank you both again! : )

I'm keeping my Amazon ps3 order too. The games offered at WM aren't ones my ds would play and the no tax on Amazon sealed the deal for me! Plus, I don't have to fight WM to get one!

Am I reading this correctly? The $199 x-box bundle will be available only online? it does say only at walmart.com. I guess I will have to stay home and hope to order online.

Oh I figured it out there are two bundles in the add, one with kennect, the other without. I really don't like this add at all.

I'm surprised that they released the full ad. Not a lot of Gift Card giveaways. I think I'll buy the Ipod touch at Best Buy this year. They are at least giving a $10 GF with purchase. Does anyone have the specs on that $19 HP DeskJet 1050 Printer? I've been looking everywhere on the INTERNET (even HP's website) for the specifications and nothing is coming up!!!

Am I reading this correctly? The $199 x-box bundle will be available only online? it does say only at walmart.com. I guess I will have to stay home and hope to order online.

Oh I figured it out there are two bundles in the add, one with kennect, the other without. I really don't like this add at all.

There is an Xobox for $199 that is online only. The one for $199 is in store and comes with Kinect. Way better deal. :)

Well I made a list and it's pretty long. 16 items, which half is games. But at least it's all at 10pm! Unfortunately there wouldn't be any time left for Target or TRU. I was inline at Target by midnight last year and they opened at 5am, by 11pm the year before at TRU. Not going to the back of the line and be in with all the chaos. ;)

Fair warning to you and perhaps anyone else interested in the Wii for $99. Up until a few weeks ago all Nintendo Wiis had the ability to play Nintendo Gamecube games as well as work with Nintendo Gamecube controllers. Ever since October 23rd all newly manufactured Wiis no longer support Gamecube games and accessories. So it is very likely that this $99 Wii will not support Gamecube games and accessories. For most this may not be much an issue, but some people already have a nice collection of Gamecube games that or they prefer a Gamecube controller to use in games like the Super Smash Bros. series or the Mario Kart series mainly because the Gamecube controller looks and feels most like other controllers from other consoles like the PS3 controller or the Xbox 360 controller. If you don't have a library of Gamecube games or intend this for younger children for whom have never really experienced the Gamecube, then this $99 Wii would be great.

On a different note though, to anyone getting a Wii for the first time, if you have an HDTV then I highly recommend you get a set of component cables for the Wii as, although it won't be true HD like you would find with the PS3 or Xbox 360, but the cables would help make your games look better than with the cables provided. Most all stores sell these cables at around $20 to $25 but if you're not immune to online shopping I might check out Amazon.com or Monoprice.com as either place is assured to give you a much better price on a set of these cables over what most retail stores will charge you.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know.

EDIT - I noticed something interesting, so TAKE NOTE: That Wii console for $99 appears to be just that, the console. Every "bundle" up until this point has included some game with it (the latest bundle, being a console without Gamecube support, includes New Super Mario Bros.) but this $99 Wii doesn't specifically say that it includes a game. So you will want to exercise caution and not automatically assume that $99 deal includes a game, unlike how every other Wii offering before this has. So basically if my thinking is correct on this one, then that makes this offering just a little less sweet as you would then have to purchase a game to go with it.

Fantastic info and advice, DaFees!

Do bear in mind last year Amazon matched all the dvd sales though.

did they? wow I had no idea..thanks for that info! I am going to have to look into that. When did they price match for? was it like starting 12am on BF or Thanksgiving day? If you remember. I usually would just pick up these things while in WM for other stuff but I just don't know if I am going to make it there this year.

The Skylanders game bundle is a deal..but I would bet anything Amazon matches that..I don't see myself rushing up there..I guess I'll just head up there whenever and peruse. I am not at all impressed...There is not a single thing that I absolutely must have.

That was my exact thought. I hope amazon price matches this game, and the batman arkham 360 game. I almost paid more than $50 for the batman game this week when amazon had it on sale. It looks like I will be parked at my computer on Thanksgiving. Now I am excited to see the other ads!

Like i imagined, it was mostly TVs and such.... only thing I'm interested in is PJs but i think i'll skip WM all together this year, unless something better comes out, because Penney's PJs are better quality.

One thing to watch with WalMart PJs is size...I picked them up a couple of years ago, and the sizing was off, at least for my kiddos...they were much too tight, and I had to pass down the pairs for my boys. They were also very thin.

agh! No DS was counting on them to have their usual deal. have to buy 2 this year and need a deal. dang it!

That's what I waited up to see, as well. I also need 2 and was hoping to be excited by a great price. Bummer. I do NOT want to go to TRU if I can help it. Hopefully Target will hook us up. After 10pm at Walmart to pick up my standard stuff (pjs, blurays, undergarments, matchbox cars, etc.) I could head straight over to Target for the midnight opening. I think I'll also put all the varieties in my Amazon cart to see if they decide to put something on sale... Good luck!

Niccole :2wiggle:

So many things in the ad yet nothing on my list. And Walmart is one of the only stores convenient in my area too! Would go for the trampoline but we got that last year-great buy and the kids still love it!! Might have to stop by for pj's but they are a little higher than last year so we'll see. I do like the dress up trunks for the kids though.

No coats or heavy jackets listed this year? Crap :(

I agree. I've had my eye on a coat there but was hoping it would be on sale on BF. This seems like another indication that there will be some kind of supplement to the ad coming later since they always seem to have those puffy coats for cheap and I didn't see one in the ad.

thank you very much for your input! I am always trying to "save" a little. .... as far as which games, ours would play just about anything lol.. But... I think I am just going to stop trying to compare the 2 deals. I have one on it's way already, it was a good price.. and i'll use the $50 credit once Amazon starts their "toy deals" so it will all work out, and I wont have to worry about pushing and getting pushed to maybe get one at walmart. thank you both again! : )

You're welcome, it gets really frustrating when you are trying to save every dollar you can and STILL get what the kids want and then you see you could've potentially save20, 30, 40 bucks.

I got essentially the same deal you did, but I got it at Best Buy and I am keeping mine as well. :) happy shopping

Can anyone help with the KODAK camera deal? I am thinking the model number is just a special BF one, it says C1450 and I could not find that easyshare Kodak model for a 14 mp camera or anything similar enough (going by the photo they show/the printing on camera front & the 3 colors it comes in.

CAN ANYONE help, I can't even tell if it is a SUPER deal or an "ok" one, it is 49 dollar, but if it is only a 69 dollar camera, I don't think its super...

While there are a lot of good deals and I see some stuff I want, the things my hubby and I were planning to be gunning for aren't nearly as good. I may have to get that blue Wii though! Edited by Paka