When Do You Put Up Your Tree?

pudd75

Usually I try to put it up close to Thanksgiving, but this year, its' going to have to go up before then because I could be having my baby on Thanksgiving! lol I asked my hubby a few weeks back if it was ok with him if I put it up early. He said, "How early?" I said, "Halloween's not too early, right?" You should have seen the look on his face! When he recovered, he said, "Me and the boys (my 15 YO and 17 YO) can put it up." I told him they wouldn't even be able to figure out how the tree goes together! lol

No, I didn't put it up at Halloween, but I think it's going up tomorrow.

I havent even gotten my Christmas stuff out of the attic yet of which I had usually done by now, but I also was not working as much the previous years than I have this year. I was considering a fake tree of which I was going to buy soon and get ready, but now I'm leaning more towards a real one again and therefore it wont go up until probably the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I have the same schedule every year. BF - shopping :) Saturday - house decorations go up. Sunday - tree goes up and gets decorated. Lights go up somtime on November, whenever there is a mild weekend. They don't get turned on until Thanksgiving evening or BF.

Ok, I wanna put it up--but feel I lack the energy and spouse gets cranky if I put it up BEFORE thanksgiving, like 1 day before it is ok, but a week = Cranky...

Sigh, I was in the mood on Monday but figured I better not...and since then, haven't felt like it.

I do have ALL the boxes of ALL the decorations piled in my hallway--and THAT, let me tell you is getting on my nerves. (I don't have a spare bedroom)

I am setting a goal to get ONE tree done either tomorrow or Friday, but I know I'll have to be in the spirit AND energetic to get it done.

Next week is a short week, kids have a few days off because of holiday. . . so it'll fly by....

Perhaps I'll decorate the second tree on BF or that weekend

Come on folks, MOTIVATE Me, LOL...

I had it on my calendar to get our (live) tree on December 3rd. Now I'm second guessing because ds and I had such bad allergies last year. If it were just me, I'd definitely choose to suffer and have the live tree. I think I'll leave it up to ds. Last year we had a 12' tree and it was gorgeous!

We will go on Friday after shopping to pick out our tree. Have the tree man chop it down, get it on top of our SUV and drive home. Watch dh wrestle with it, shake out dead needles then try to get it to stay in the stand firmly. After it falls over a few times and he gets it to stay (hopefully lol) we will decorate it!! Woooo Hoooo can't wait lol.

We will go on Friday after shopping to pick out our tree. Have the tree man chop it down, get it on top of our SUV and drive home. Watch dh wrestle with it, shake out dead needles then try to get it to stay in the stand firmly. After it falls over a few times and he gets it to stay (hopefully lol) we will decorate it!! Woooo Hoooo can't wait lol.

The wrestling with the tree is actually one of the things I miss most about getting a real tree- it was always such an adventure and ordeal to get it just right, decide the front, etc, and I liked it all, including standing out in the freezing cold to pick out the tree each year. Makes me sad not getting a real tree, but on the other hand I don't want to make my little one have an asthma flare, so fake it will be.

Are you related to Chevy Chase? lol. I LOVE that movie, it is my holiday favorite!

Don't forget the saw!! LOL