When Do You Put Up Your Tree?

pudd75

Thats funny you would say that Pudd ive had a urge to put mine up also.My daughter made me get my stuff out of the attic on Sunday.We always put our tree up on Thanksgiving eve or thanks giving but we put up 3 trees in my house so i think i will put up the family room tree and the tree for upstairs this weekend.In really feeling it.lol

WOW just checked and there are 6.4 weeks till Christmas.Im off to get my decorations.lol

My little one's birthday is November 24th, so after that some time. We do refer to it as her tree though because we had to buy it due to her allergies, we were always a live tree family until we were forced otherwise, so we have talked about putting it up for her birthday since it is her tree, but I want her to feel like she has her birthday all to herself and not a Christmas thing, so we probably won't.

we usually put ours up the first weekend in december sometimes the second weekend. Gonna definitely have to put it up that first weekend this year since I'm having surgery on my foot on the 12th :( but it will already be down out of the attic cause I need it to hang ornaments at the craft show i'm doing 11/19 lol ... who knows since its already out maybe we'll put it up sooner ;) it'll be interesting this year to see how the doggie does (last year we still had his crate out but he's done so well this year we've put that away)

My tree is up... Acutually, It has been up for three years. :gdclap: We usually take it down around New Years, but my daughter was having a party and asked if we could leave it up. Every time since then, either her or hubby stop me. Her friends love it. They will come over and turn the lights on and sit and chat. Weird, I know, but sometimes, I will just look at it and remember little glimpses of past holidays. Then, I can't bring my self to take it down either. It is now part of the dusting routine.

My little one's birthday is November 24th, so after that some time. We do refer to it as her tree though because we had to buy it due to her allergies, we were always a live tree family until we were forced otherwise, so we have talked about putting it up for her birthday since it is her tree, but I want her to feel like she has her birthday all to herself and not a Christmas thing, so we probably won't.

I am the opposite, my birthday is November 23rd (dh is actually Nov. 24th) and I use my birthday as an excuse to get the tree up. I love having it up, always have. We usually put it up the weekend before my birthday so I can enjoy the whole house decorated on my birthday. We will be doing ours next weekend to keep w/ that tradition.