Westinghouse 26.0 Cu Ft Side-by-Side Refrigerator- $599.99 & FS ($750) @ BestBuy

noehlp

remember when the side by sides were $1200 to $1500 with the in door ice/water

Wow! That's a ridiculous price, imo!

We have just a basic refrigerator now; but when we had one that had the ice/water my kids drank water like it was going out of style. lol

Yep I paid over $1500 for my stainless (no fingerprint) side by side. We were looking for another one the other day and was VERY disappointed that they all mostly have the drawer freezers now. I don't like those! (thats what we have at our cabin and at my moms and I dispise them)

why do you not like them, I think it looks neat (don't have one) just curious what you don't like about them...I don't know anyone that has one.

why do you not like them, I think it looks neat (don't have one) just curious what you don't like about them...I don't know anyone that has one.

I am very obsessive compulsive and while I know by researching them that sometimes the drawers have MORE freezer space then the side by sides I don't like the disorganization of them. Both the ones I deal with at our cabin and at my mom's have one drawer than seperates into two storage areas. But with everything stacked It drives me nuts. My moms does not have water/ice in the door so the ice takes up space in the freezer (does have an ice machine) but that and the ice bucket/catcher takes up almost 1/2 of that drawer space! The one at the cabin does have ice/water in the door. Both seem to have larger doors that are really heavy and when filled with condiments can slam OPEN or SHUT depending on what you are trying to do.

My DH loves them and claims yet agian its just my "habit" of not wanting to change things that makes me hate them. Home Depot literally had ONE side by side in stainless...the rest were the drawer kind :mad: So I will just keep mine, its still works fine anyways.

I am very obsessive compulsive and while I know by researching them that sometimes the drawers have MORE freezer space then the side by sides I don't like the disorganization of them. Both the ones I deal with at our cabin and at my mom's have one drawer than seperates into two storage areas. But with everything stacked It drives me nuts. My moms does not have water/ice in the door so the ice takes up space in the freezer (does have an ice machine) but that and the ice bucket/catcher takes up almost 1/2 of that drawer space! The one at the cabin does have ice/water in the door. Both seem to have larger doors that are really heavy and when filled with condiments can slam OPEN or SHUT depending on what you are trying to do.

My DH loves them and claims yet agian its just my "habit" of not wanting to change things that makes me hate them. Home Depot literally had ONE side by side in stainless...the rest were the drawer kind :mad: So I will just keep mine, its still works fine anyways.

Thank you, we are not in the market at this time but I like to keep peoples experience in mind when I am looking for new appliances. Good note on the doors and becoming heavy, we are condiment loaded...