Target 11/6 Sunday Ad Front Page (11.6" Laptop & 32" HDTV for $197 each)

Brad

AO722-0473

•11.6" HD Widescreen CineCrystal™ LED-backlit Display: (1366 x 768) resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio

•AMD Dual-Core C-60 Accelerated Processor 1.0GHzwith TurboCORE Technology up to 1.33GHz (1MB L2 Cache)

•Windows® 7 Home Premium

•320GB Hard Drive

•2GB DDR3 Memory

• ATI Radeon™ HD 6290 graphics with 256MB of dedicated video memory

•Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader

•802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™

•Built-in 0.3 Megapixel Webcam

•Two Built-in Speakers

•Full-Size Acer FineTip Keyboard

•Multi-Gesture Touchpad

•3- USB 2.0 Ports

•1- HDMI™ port with HDCP support

•Up to 7-hours battery-life6-cell Li-ion Battery

•3.21 lbs.(system unit only)

•Color: Espresso Black

Looks to be the specifications of the "netbook". Its not a notebook... there is no disc drive.

32" LCD Westinghouse - VR3215

Target Link http://www.target.com/p/Westinghouse-32-Class-1080i-60hz-LCD-HDTV-Black-VR-3215/-/A-13676293

Manufacture Link http://westinghousedigital.com/products/lcd/32-40/vr3215/

Picture Quality:

Screen Size: 31.5″ Diagonal

Native Resolution: 1366 x 768

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Contrast Ratio: 2000:1

Viewing Angle: Horizontal 176° / Vertical 176°

Compatible Modes:

TV Tuner Capability*: NTSC/ATSC

YPbPr: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i

HDMI: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i

PC: SVGA, XGA, WXGA

Optimum Resolution: 1366 x 768

Electrical/Power Connections

AC Power: 100-240VAC 60Hz

Power Consumption (max): 70 watt

Power Consumption (stand by): <1 watt

Connections:

Input Antenna In (RF): 1

Input Video + LR Audio (Composite): 1

Input Component (LR Audio share with Video): 1

Input HDMI: 2

Input D-Sub (VGA): 1

Input PC Audio (mini): 1

Input USB Service: 1

Output SPDIF Digital Audio (Coaxial): 1

Output Headphone: 1

Any ideas on if the TV is any good? It would be a second set in a bedroom

I can only related my experience with a Westy. I bought the 32" LCD at BB on BF back in 2006 ($479.99) to use as a bedroom TV, so it really didn't get major use. After about 14 months (and out of warranty) it developed what looked like a dark water spot on the screen, just to the left of center, which grew to cover the whole left side of the screen over time. About a year ago I couldn't take it anymore and "retired" it. I won't buy another Westy TV.

But our "retired" Westy does live on, as a friend of ours needed a TV and was very grateful to get a 32" LCD, dark spot and all. He still uses it to this day but dang, I still cringe everytime I walk by that TV and he has it on.... LOL

I can only related my experience with a Westy. I bought the 32" LCD at BB on BF back in 2006 ($479.99) to use as a bedroom TV, so it really didn't get major use. After about 14 months (and out of warranty) it developed what looked like a dark water spot on the screen, just to the left of center, which grew to cover the whole left side of the screen over time. About a year ago I couldn't take it anymore and "retired" it. I won't buy another Westy TV.

But our "retired" Westy does live on, as a friend of ours needed a TV and was very grateful to get a 32" LCD, dark spot and all. He still uses it to this day but dang, I still cringe everytime I walk by that TV and he has it on.... LOL

I bought the same TV in 2006. It is used everyday and I have no problems. It is in our master bedroom and is on approx 4/5 hours each day and we have not had any spots etc. Problem we have had is with the DVR/cable box from the cable company it has been changed 2x since 2006. If I needed another TV would not hesitate to get it for my bedroom. I love it!!!!

I bought the same TV in 2006. It is used everyday and I have no problems. It is in our master bedroom and is on approx 4/5 hours each day and we have not had any spots etc. Problem we have had is with the DVR/cable box from the cable company it has been changed 2x since 2006. If I needed another TV would not hesitate to get it for my bedroom. I love it!!!!

Prime example of "your mileage may vary".... Glad to hear your set is going strong :)

Sitting on eBay right now for 279.99 Free shipping. Comes out to about 220$ after tax in store. Decent deal. This is probley Target's "NetBook" that they have done the past 2 years.

we still have one of those netbooks from last christmas, they were $179 but I don't remember if I got them on BF or it was just a sale...

I got one of those net books for DS last year. It wasn't BF, just a sale before Xmas. He uses it daily and it's still going strong. Plays Internet games like Mind Craft on it too and works great. It was a lot better than I was expecting. I would buy it again. :)

I got one of those net books for DS last year. It wasn't BF, just a sale before Xmas. He uses it daily and it's still going strong. Plays Internet games like Mind Craft on it too and works great. It was a lot better than I was expecting. I would buy it again. :)

I didn't think it was BF. My daughters we had a few problems with (I'm not entirely convinced she didn't drop it) and I took it back to Target after Xmas and they didn't have any more so they gave me my money back. My son uses his for games and facebook daily and it still works great.

I bought a 26" Westy LCD with built in DVD player that was the display model from Target, so it had a ton of hours on it prior to me buying it. 3 years later it is still going strong.

Also, my parents bought a Westy 32" back when they were $599. It crapped out about 3 years ago, which meant they had had it for over a year. We called Westinghouse and they asked us to ship the TV in to them. It cost us $50 to ship, but we got back a newer model refurbished tv at no other cost. I thought that was a nice gesture considering we were not under warranty anymore. Sad to say that the refurbished tv died about 2 months ago though :(

So their quality seems to be hit and miss, but customer service experience was nice.

Originally Posted by momlori

Any ideas on if the TV is any good? It would be a second set in a bedroom

from what I've heard - stay clear from this brand of TVs

if u not watching live sports or blue ray on it, it should be fine. Its the 60HZ that would concern me. check out the HDTV thread to educate yourself on specs. I would stay away. A much better deal will be out there this year on a higher end TV by BF.

I bought a family member a 32" Westinghouse LCD tv a number of years ago at Black Friday at Best Buy. She has it on 16 hours/7 days and it is still going strong. Everyone raves about the quality of the picture and it has had absolutely no problems whatsoever. I recommend it to anyone.

Anyone give me some info on the Netbook? Im not real techi but whats it good for? Would it hold much music? thanks for any input.

It's basically a small laptop with less memory and no disk drive. My son has used it everyday since Xmas going on the Internet and playing games and it's worked great.

disk drive refers to cd drive, bluray player, or the now defunct disk drive:P I haven't seen specs but it would seem you can only put information in and take stuff out on a USB/jump drive. You wouldn't be able to just play a game, movie or software on disk but instead would have to transfer from another pc onto USB drive before being able to use on this.