Official "Is it me or are the ads disappointing so far?" thread ;)

Tigger97498

Well, no GOOD ads are out yet because nothing has really been leaked yet, all the ads we have so far are the minor league stores. So dont give up hope =)

True but Walmart Saturday sales and Sears Friends and Family are usually good and they are even bad this year. I guess we shall see today when Walmart leaks their preview of their BF ad.

Took long enough for this thread to be created, lol. But the proper title is supposed to be "Is it me, or do the ads suck this year?"

Ahhh, another one of our yearly traditions ;)

HA! So true!

None of the ads that have been leaked yet are stores I would normally shop at on BF, so I'm sitting tight. I have high hopes for an awesome washer/dryer combo for cheap. :)

I'll be happy if the ads aren't great this year. a) I'm unemployed B) don't REALLY want to be out and about(w/ a mission) on NO sleep and c) We don't really need much and d)it'd be nice to MOSTLY people watch this year and st4rategize for next year when 10-midnight will be more across the board w/stores I think.

Took long enough for this thread to be created, lol. But the proper title is supposed to be "Is it me, or do the ads suck this year?"

Ahhh, another one of our yearly traditions ;)

You wrote exactly what I was thinking.

Well, no GOOD ads are out yet because nothing has really been leaked yet, all the ads we have so far are the minor league stores. So dont give up hope =)

And the first response was what I expected as well.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe because my kids are all grown up now, but the only things I am finding are things for the house (comforters, mattress pads, etc) that need to be replaced and waiting for the Lowes & Home Depot ad for my kitchen appliances.

nothing i care for this year so far. waiting for lowes and home depot, sears and staples (last year one was disappointing) that is about it. by the way i am looking for a cheap wi-fi incorporated blu-ray player that is dlna certified anobody know? maybe wrong forum

nothing i care for this year so far. waiting for lowes and home depot, sears and staples (last year one was disappointing) that is about it. by the way i am looking for a cheap wi-fi incorporated blu-ray player that is dlna certified anobody know? maybe wrong forum

You may want to post a question about that in the Technology Discussion forum.

True but Walmart Saturday sales and Sears Friends and Family are usually good and they are even bad this year. I guess we shall see today when Walmart leaks their preview of their BF ad.

The target and best buy sales so far have been good imho. The Walmart sales are just getting started. Wait for the weekend. I bet you walmart will do a laptop for sale before black friday. They have done it every year. Just like I was telling my friends that target will have a "netbook" for sale. It will happen give it time.

Every year you get what you want. It takes a special kind of person to see the "good" deals after they get what they want the previous year. IE; I got my TV last year. Its a great TV. Got a great deal on it. Its doubtful anything new will show up this year that will suit my fancy better then what I have. So every year you will see posts like this.

Go back to the ads from 2007 and then come back after you have recalibrated your opinion. This type of thread and negative feelings towards the ads happen every year. Two main things affect this. One is the expectancy that prices must go down, and the other is product saturation. When both feelings merge, you stay home until you actually need things again, then your attitude changes relative to your new situation.

I was thinking the same thing, but also thought just like many of you that the big guys aren't out there yet (Target, Best Buy, WM). I will reserve judgement until I see their ads. Although, I usually see "something" I want to pick up at Kohl's, Sears or JCP and this year I really see nothing. This year may be a whole different type of Black Friday experience, maybe I will have to hit up an outlet or something to get some excitement!

Wasn't this thread started earlier? I'm ok with whats out there.

Deja vu.... every year around this time this same thread comes out, lol. I agree though with some of the earlier comments, nothing good yet, none of the good ads are out yet, and I'm still hoping there will be good sales coming. I think some of the sales will surprise us. With the current economy, lots of people have to be pried to give up their cash. I only intend to get some of the best deals available. Of it's not an excellent price I'll just hold off. There aren't really any major items that I'm looking to get, but if the deals are good I will buy some items that I'd like to have but aren't necessary at this time.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe because my kids are all grown up now, but the only things I am finding are things for the house (comforters, mattress pads, etc) that need to be replaced and waiting for the Lowes & Home Depot ad for my kitchen appliances.

Same here. Being that my 2 DD are 17 & 20 there isn't much to buy- except for UGG boots which never go on sale. I think I'll be looking in the household sections myself.

my main ads that i go by are WM Target and TRU. So i will reserve my judgement until these three come out. I cant wait to get up at 3AM on Thanksgiving morning and drive to my gas station down the road to wait for my ads..I am always the first person there and feel like a tiger waiting to pounce on his prey because I am so excited by the time that he gets there lol.