What time will your adventure begin......

brinak2005

with past years as my marker, if you want something thanksgiving night or midnight, you may need to plan on late Wed. afternoon.

so people are heading out around 8, 9pm for 10pm open?? Don't you think that will be too late?

I'm confused about walmart opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving. So no one is allowed in the store before 10pm?

Don't you guys think people will be already lined up by 8 or 9pm???

At this point, there is nothing I'm dying to get that will probably be gone early. So, I'll probably leave around 8:30-9 to get to WM 15 minutes away. And the only reason is our WM has maps... but they are never correct. I'll need a few minutes to find all the stuff.

The only stores I'd have to head out really early would be BB or TRU, and I refuse to hit either one too early especially since I don't need any big ticket items. Here, TRU is a serious mad house and has wrapped around lines outside for 6+ hours early.When they used to open early AM (ya know, before midnite openings?) I'd see 200+ people waiting when I was headed to re-shop Turkey Day sales at K-mart after dinner. (4ish in the afternoon, so about 10 hours early!)

Thats my favorite thing about thanksgiving... i get to irritate the crap out of my mom for not getting up early enough and that we needed to "GO 15 min. ago the lines are going to be huge"! oh, and my favorite line we do every year is the "You can sleep when your deaD MOM now its time to SHOP!" and mom says , "this shopping is gonna KILL ME" I guess I am comic relief for the day ahead! seriously, you'd have to know my family. "Come on MEIJER K mart and BIG lots~ i need to shop somewhere!

If there is something GREAT in the ad, looks like I'm skipping dry turkey... my mom can have that junk! I'll get a deli sandwitch sitting in line....

Probably stick with the same routine as usual since I go with mom which means roll out the door at about 3:30 AM. I will sleep from probably 8-11:30 (unless I find out that I need to be up before then for any online sales) Then begin my online shopping and get it done hopefully by 12:30 or 1 and sleep till alarm goes off at 3:30 and out the door I'll go for the stores. Thinking I may store all my ads on my tablet this year and take it with me not sure yet.

Our Walmart always wraps plastic around the BF sale items on pallets and nobody can touch them until the appointed sale start time. So if Walmart is opening at 10pm nobody can start "shopping" until then. Why are some of you getting to Walmart so early? :confused:

Because some of walmart hands out vouchers for some of door buster items which means be at the line!!!

I was planning to grab a few doorbusters online from Walmart but when my mom saw a bike that she wanted, I figured it wouldn't be Black Friday (or in the case BF eve, lol) but to get into the fray, as they say. This year we are going to have some help tho. I'm trying to amass a tight elite shopping squad to maximize our output. My thinking is being that it is earlier more people off the street will be there and if we band together, we can better our chances of getting good stuff for everyone. So as far as my times go, Walmart at 9pm to assess for 10pm, skip the electronics, be home around 10:40pm, bed, then back up at 5am for the later sales, hang out, eat some brekky and back home, with stories to tell.

Bff n I are going to brave Walmart for the first time ever before the outlets for the 10pm deals....Any advice? Never been there on bf!

advice? stay home!!! or wear a helmet. watch the youtube videos.... wear a helmet. sure people may look at you funny, but its a great conversation starter and you won't end up brain damaged from a flying toaster!

seriously though drive to a walmart in a smaller town, get there way early, be aware of surroundings, be able to get out of the way in a hurry if you have to, don't take a cart, dont take a kid and be ready for complete madness aand complete idiots with no regard for others. Be respectfull of others and employees, and they may help you out. If it is calm and orderly, good for you! if it isn't (and it won't be) you were prepared and warned. have a supply of candy canes or mints or something, cashiers, employees and others in line will LOVE you and it helps with low blood sugar after hour 22 of being awake.

I went to our local mall and many of the stores had signs up that stated that they will be opening up at midnight for black friday. The first store I went into, Gap, the sales associate told me that they would be opening up at midnight on BF and would have some great deals. I ask her if all the stores in the mall were opening up at MN and she just smiled and said that I would need to talk to the individual stores. So, as I walked through the mall, most stores had signage that indicated a MN BF opening. That really messes up my plans since our WM is 30 min. away from the mall.Now I will have to have a game plan on how to be two places at once.

My list will definately be smaller than before because there is not much I want or need at this point. I did a lot of shopping early this year because I found some great deals. I will be out on Thanksgiving morning to get wrapping paper from Walgreens and then online for a while. Not sure when I am going to actually head out on BF though.

My list will definately be smaller than before because there is not much I want or need at this point. I did a lot of shopping early this year because I found some great deals. I will be out on Thanksgiving morning to get wrapping paper from Walgreens and then online for a while. Not sure when I am going to actually head out on BF though.

Wrapping paper is on sale this week at Walgreens, the Color studio by Hallmark is Buy 1 get 2 free...

My plan is to be at walmart b/t 8:30 and 9 p.m. My son is actually working at WM as a cashier from 5-10 pm. Lucky him since hardly anyone will be checking out during those times. Since he's a minor, he can't work the insane hours. As soon as he checks out, he is joining his sister and me to get movies and video games. not much else at WM I want. So far the only other store shopping I'm probably doing is menards and shopko. Everything else tends to be on line. My son is 6'6" tall, so from experience I know that none of the stores will have his size in stock, so I get the black friday penneys prices on jeans online. Unfortunately, I can't convince my daughter to do anything other than WM. Her brother, however, is my BF shopping buddy. He has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh at some of the craziness. And with his size, he can reach over everybody to get the stuff off the top shelf, which is appreciated by the other shoppers when he keeps handing things down to them and they don't have to climb the shelves.