Official: Target Black Friday Hours and PM/PA Policy

bigjimslade

I do the exact same thing and have never once had a problem. I usually go in the evening before Thanksgiving and they are stocking shelves for BF. Then I head back on BF after I'm done shopping, had breakfast and about to go home to crash.

They singe change serial numbers on items do they'll be different??

I am sorry if this is a crazy question or one that has been answered before :) Will Target price-match the toys r us toy book? For example, the Tag Reading system is marked 29.99 in the toy book and there is a $10 off coupon in the target toy book, making me be able to get this for $20. If so, do I just bring the toy book to the guest services desk and have them do this there? Thanks!!!

I have been able to pricematch the TRU ad and use the Target coupon in the past... shouldn't be a problem :)

People who wait in line for stuff at Target are crazy. The policy is that they will price adjust ANYTHING if it is purchased during that week or the week before. It is their corporate policy. Unlike Best Buy, Walmart and the like, it makes no exclusions to timed sales, black Friday, etc. Re-read Best Buy's policy and you will see it excluded Black Friday. Target's does not exclude such, so buy everything the week before and simply take your receipt to the customer service counter and they will refund the difference. I have done it every year without fail. If I happen to get a store manager that is hesitant, I will simply ask them to call corporate and verify that that is their policy.

Unless something changes between now and then, it will not be an issue. This will also work on doorbuster items.. I got 2 of the tvs last year a week before BF and simply went in at 930 for the price adjustment.

I have been doing the same thing the past few years...BUT....last year we ran into a problem. We took our receipts in to price adjust and they wouldn't do it (same store as years past) even with everything I knew in the past and told them, etc. They said they weren't doing them that day. Was I ever PO'd!! So, we ran around the store picked up everything we had bought that would get price adjusted and then just returned them with the old receipt. It was ridiculous and threw off our morning, but the amount of $$ I saved was worth it I suppose. We have a new target in our area this year, that is closer to home, and I guess depending on where we start this year, I will have to go in and speak to someone beforehand and get there name, etc. to bring along if I have problems.

I have been doing the same thing the past few years...BUT....last year we ran into a problem. We took our receipts in to price adjust and they wouldn't do it (same store as years past) even with everything I knew in the past and told them, etc. They said they weren't doing them that day. Was I ever PO'd!! So, we ran around the store picked up everything we had bought that would get price adjusted and then just returned them with the old receipt. It was ridiculous and threw off our morning, but the amount of $$ I saved was worth it I suppose. We have a new target in our area this year, that is closer to home, and I guess depending on where we start this year, I will have to go in and speak to someone beforehand and get there name, etc. to bring along if I have problems.

I am going to do that on Monday too. Then I can avoid standing in any lines at all. Just hit up the drugstores, go to the smaller Sears 15 minutes before opening and get my electronics online like usual.

One target I went to was like that as well.. I simply requested that they contact the corporate office and explain the situation. The girl came back and said that corporate said the policy is to pricematch/adjust EVERYTHING unless it specifically stated not to in the policy. I would understand if they excluded Black Friday items, but they dont in the policy. They are the only store that I am aware of that does not exclude it in the policy..

The other option if they dont pricematch is to return everything on Monday or Tuesday, after all the sales are over so they are "stuck" with it :razz:

"Target’s Price Match is simple and helps guests save time and money. If guests find a lower price on an identical item advertised locally by a competitor, Target will match that price during the effective date of the competitor’s advertisement."

Does this mean that for doorbusters at other stores that are during a certain time you must do the price match at Target during those times? For example, Kmart has Leap Frog toys for $15 from 5-11am. Target opens at 12:00am, so I can't price match the Leap Frog toy there until 5:00?

"Target’s Price Match is simple and helps guests save time and money. If guests find a lower price on an identical item advertised locally by a competitor, Target will match that price during the effective date of the competitor’s advertisement."

Does this mean that for doorbusters at other stores that are during a certain time you must do the price match at Target during those times? For example, Kmart has Leap Frog toys for $15 from 5-11am. Target opens at 12:00am, so I can't price match the Leap Frog toy there until 5:00?

Oops, I just answered my own question. :(http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400

"Other price matching exclusions include:

Online prices, including Target.com

Promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.

Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)

Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity"

Sorry for so many questions. I'm trying to get my plan of attack in order, lol.

For Target price adjustments... I could go in on Wednesday and buy things from the Black Friday ad at regular price. Then go back to Target on say, the Saturday after BF, with BF ad in hand and have them price adjust?

For Target price adjustments... I could go in on Wednesday and buy things from the Black Friday ad at regular price. Then go back to Target on say, the Saturday after BF, with BF ad in hand and have them price adjust?

I was just discussing this here http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?237697-With-the-midnight-openings-should-I-even-bother-going-out-Friday-morning

because I did this 3 BFs ago,but I made sure to go back in during the hours the prices were good (e.g.-Friday 6-11 a.m.) not just anytime that weekend.

They may not be doing it that way now though,so check with your store first.

It worked out very well the year I did it though.

HTH

About buying them Wednesday, I did that ONE year, and was fine, got just about every single thing, and then got it adjusted, but the following year, on Wednesday, I couldn't find 1/2 the stuff, and not ANY of the DVD/DVD sets--so I think they got wise............so the THIRD year, I went in MONDAY and got what I wanted...;) sometimes ya just gotta be one step ahead of 'em

Would you mind telling me what city--general part of Pennsylvania that was in? I am in Southwestern, PA and wondered if this occurred near me.

My sister works at Target at the service desk, and I asked her to double check the price match/price adjustment, and she was told that they are NOT doing either one on Black Friday (because it is a 2-day ad and not a weekly ad). I am super paranoid. There are a few games I wanted for my DH that I was going to get early and PA, but now I don't know if I will be able to without a hassle...

Yes. The reason they are opening on Thanksgiving is for people to shop for food and to see what kind of foot traffic comes into the store. If it works out for them Target maybe open on Thanksgiving Day company wide in years to come.

I am a little confused, so are the Denver Stores opening Thanksgiving day with the sales or Midnight?

Here is the policy where you can print it from the Target press site.

http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/target-to-open-doors-at-midnight-10-28-11.aspx

So it looks like I will be printing and carrying this with me to get a price adjustment on BLACK FRIDAY! Says nothing about not granting price adjustments for Black Friday items....correct????

So I guess I'm confused now....Walmart has Just Dance 3 for $28 while Target has the same game for $39 with a $10 gift card (to be used on a later purchase)....so since it's not a door buster item and they open at the same time....would Target PM that item?? And would the gift card still be issued??? I also saw some Rubbermaid containers in the Walmart ad that I was going to pick up at Target if again they will price match. Neither of these are doorbuster items. The policy says they will if it's not a timed event and if it is the exact same thing.

So I guess I'm confused now....Walmart has Just Dance 3 for $28 while Target has the same game for $39 with a $10 gift card (to be used on a later purchase)....so since it's not a door buster item and they open at the same time....would Target PM that item?? And would the gift card still be issued??? I also saw some Rubbermaid containers in the Walmart ad that I was going to pick up at Target if again they will price match. Neither of these are doorbuster items. The policy says they will if it's not a timed event and if it is the exact same thing.

I Second her questions! Hope someone answers these.. (thanks for mentioning the rubbermaid containers, have you already checked to see if Target has exact ones/pretty sure they do?) That game would be an AMAZING deal :eyepoppin if we could get it for that price AND the Target GC!!!

BigJim, riven3d (above) writes that BF sales are considered a timed event, is that accurate?

I have not had trouble in the past getting PM/PA at Target on BF, but people seem very iffy about it this year. . . If we have that store policy print out, we should be walking out of the store we ask for the adjustment at, correct? And if they refuse?

What's your advice? Blow my top? :mad: or ???

My advice to everyone is to take the policy and go see the store manager at the store you will shop at this week. Be nice and kind. Dont be combative. Ask him/her how they view the policy and what they do on BF. You also need to get their name and write it down.

This way there will be NO misunderstanding on Black Friday. Communication is key.

My advice to everyone is to take the policy and go see the store manager at the store you will shop at this week. Be nice and kind. Dont be combative. Ask him/her how they view the policy and what they do on BF. You also need to get their name and write it down.

This way there will be NO misunderstanding on Black Friday. Communication is key.

That's my plan. I wanted to get some info from corporate first, but that isn't going to happen. I called the customer service line and the person did not understand what I was asking. We went in circles for awhile and she basically told me it was my fault that I couldn't understand HER. LOL. I nicely asked to speak with someone else, but she refused to do so without my first and last name with phone number. I hung up at that point. Tried to email from Target's website but (like the rest of the site) it doesn't work and goes to an error.

I'll be heading into my Target today to chat with the manager and hope for the best. It shouldn't be this hard to get policy information! Oh the joys of BF. ;)

I contacted Target regarding PA their 2 day sale and I got a positive confirmation back. I plan on making my purchases early next week and going in on BF with the printed response from corporate. First time trying this; fingers crossed.