10 cent Dollar General Sale - YMMV

txsupermom

All Lawn and Garden, Swim/Summer Toys and Green Dot Home are 10 cents.

I went first thing this morning and nothing was ringing right, so contacted CS who assured me that they were fixing the problem. Just went back and everything was corrected.

Got shovel, hoe, yard tools, bug killer, miracle grow, hose attachments, pot hangers, fountains, and lots of other goodies for a dime a piece!! Filled my vehicle for under 7 bucks!!

Now to store it all . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Mine rang up a bunch of placemats and tablecloths for .01!!!!!!!!:gdclap: Ive had that happen at a different DG before, and the manager refused to give it to me for that price...she changed it to $1!:no::(

i would have got mgr's info and called corp with that one!

My best friend is a mgr and she says they're not allowed to sell the stuff that rings up for a penny. I've seen employees tell the customers the items have been recalled due to lead which is not true. What's funny is when they do get items that ring for a penny, they destroy it and throw it away. I questioned why they don't set up a box for these items and donate them to a charity because it's usually toys and housewares. But corporate won't allow it.

I questioned why they don't set up a box for these items and donate them to a charity because it's usually toys and housewares. But corporate won't allow it.

The epitome of corporate greed, equivalent to people getting repossessed and destroying the home rather than give it up. It's sad.

I think it depend on the store on the stuff that rings up a penny. I have one store where the stuff rings up a penny they tell you to make a donation to the lterecy dontation box. They suggest a quarter an item but it is up to you. And another store that says that they cant sell the stuff because it has be dicounted.

The stores themselves don't set the prices. It's all done through the computer/ cash register from corporate. So when the item is scanned, the price has already been changed in the computer by the corporate office.

The stores suggesting a donation aren't following the policy, but hey, at least someone is getting use out of perfectly good merchandise and donating to a charity. Win-win in my book even if it is against the head honchos policy.