Contest: Post a Recipe & Win a Black Friday T-Shirt [Winners Posted]

Brad

1 lb of Reg. brachs candy corn 1 12 oz. jar of your fave extra crunchy peanut butter 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips 2 tablespoons of shorting In a large glass bowl Melt candy corn for 1 minute on HIGH. stir (you'll need some muscles) 15 sec more and stir more. another 15 or more until completely melted.. add the peanut butter and stir until very well blended. Line a 8x8 pyrex with parchment paper.. smooth onto paper and I used a buttered rolling pin to even it out. Stick in the freezer and allow it to set up.. about 20 minutes uncovered While your waiting for you set up using a double boiler.. heat water and melt chocolate .. add 2 tablespoons of shortening (not buttered, just plain) Your butterfinger are ready to be squared cut. Dip into chocolate and lay on parchment cookie sheet. I used a slotted spatula so extra chocolate could drip off. After you done with your fist batch set them in the freezer to set up. after they are set (20 minutes) break off any extra edge chocolate and return it to melted chocolate.. repeat.. makes about 50 good bite sized bars. These are so simple , but yet so fantastic. Taste the real thing but better , Use good chocolate chips.. i havent tried this recipe yet but the pics looked just like butterfinger

Wow! Lots of yummy & cute recipes posted here. :) Thanks Brad! I'm going to have to save several of these to try out. Even if I don't win a t-shirt, it was worth the visit to this thread just to see all the yummies!!

I have no idea where the name came from....this recipe was given to me by a woman my husband used to work with years ago. It is one of my most requested desserts.

Polish Chop Suey Cake

2 C. Self-Rising Flour, sifted

1/4 tsp. Salt

2 tsp. Baking Soda

2 Eggs

1 C. Chopped Walnuts

1 (20 oz.) Can Crushed Pineapple in Juice

1 (8 oz.) Package Cream Cheese, room temperature

1 Stick of Butter, room temperature

2 C. Confectioners Sugar

1 T. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, eggs, walnuts, and pineapple lightly with fork. Pour into greased 9x12 pan. Bake for 33-35 minutes, until done. Test with toothpick. Cool completely. To make icing: mix cream cheese and butter with hand mixer until smooth. Add vanilla, then slowly add confectioners sugar and continue to mix until smooth. Spread on top of cooled cake. Enjoy!!!

~Stephanie

Edited by TotallyFrosted

I wish I had a picture, This is a colorful pretty salad. My grandma turned 94 today and she has made this desert every christmas since my mother was a small child. It is very good.

CHRISTMAS SALAD

Ingredients. 1 box lemon jello

1 box cherry jello

1 8oz package cream cheese

1 large can pineapple crushed

1 bag miniature marshmallow

1/2 pint whipping cream

DIRECTIONS

Fix lemon jello according to box direction. Add cream cheese while still warm. Let cool then whip until foamy.

add crushed pineapple and the whipped cream. ( whip the cream first). I had a not very smart family member misread the directions and just dump the whipping cream in. It looked a mess.

Pour in 9 by 13 cake pan and chill. Fix cherry jello and let cool . Pour on top.

When you say fix cherry jello and let cool, then pour on top....do you mean let it fully set up or pour it while it is still liquidy? Thanks, can't wait to try it. Sounds yummy! :)

Banana Pudding

3 boxes of instant vanilla pudding...(made as directed...2 cups of milk per box)

4-6 bananas ....(peeled and sliced medium thin)

1 box of nilla waffers

1 glass dish...(you can use a deep round serving dish...or your standard rectangled caserole dish)

layer starting with a thin layer of pudding.....then bananas...... then waffers

keep layering until all ingrediants are gone...(should make 4-8 layers depending on the size of dish you use)..try to make the last layer with waffers

refrigerate 6-8 hrs for best results

Yummy Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients:

2 cups white sugar

1 1/4 cups vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups canned pumpkin

4 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12x18 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared 12x18 inch pan.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Fantasy Fudge

Make with or without the nuts for the richest fudge ever. Includes several flavor variations.

Recipe From: Marshmallow Cream Jar

Serves: 20

Prep. Time: 0:40

3 cups granulated sugar

3/4 cup unsalted real butter

2/3 cup evaporated milk

12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

7 oz. jar marshmallow cream

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans – optional

-In a 2-quart saucepan, bring sugar, butter, and milk to a rolling boil (240 degrees) for 5 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat.

-Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla, then nuts.

-Pour into a greased 13" X 9" X 2" pan.

-Cool to room temperature before slicing.

Variations:

• Peanut Butter Fudge: Substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips; omit the nuts.

• Cookies and Cream Fudge: Substitute white chocolate chips for the chocolate chips; substitute 1 cup crushed Oreos® for the nuts.

• Dreamsicle Fudge: Substitute white chocolate chips for the chocolate chips; substitute 2 tsp. orange extract for the vanilla; omit the nuts; pour half the prepared fudge into the pan, then stir in 4 drops yellow food coloring and 3 drops red food coloring into the remaining fudge; pour the orange fudge over the plain fudge and gently marble in with a butter knife.

• Mocha Fudge: Stir 1/4 cup instant coffee granules into pan with the chocolate chips; omit the nuts.

• Chocolate Mint Fudge: Substitute 2 tsp. peppermint extract for the vanilla; substitute 1/4 - 1/2 cup crushed candy canes for the nuts (optional).

Almond Fudge: Substitute 2 tsp. almond extract for the vanilla; substitute 1/2 cup chopped almonds for the walnuts (optional).

*Every year I make chocolate, peanut butter, then chocolate and PB mix. Sometimes I've done white chocolate. My favorite is just Reese's PB Chips. Yuuuuuummmmmmmmmm!

Cream Cheese Delights

Ingredients:

2-8 oz. packages of crescent rolls

2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup brown sugar

cinnamon (amount up to you)

Directions:

Cover bottom of 13x9 inch pan with one package of rolls. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla; spread on rolls. Top with second package of rolls. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then refrigerate. When cool through, cut into small pieces to serve. Very rich but very yummy!

My husband's favorite Christmas food is fudge. These are pretty quick and easy!

Microwave Two Minute Fudge

This fudge usually takes a half hour longer than two minutes before it's ready to eat.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter

3-1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup cocoa

1/4 cup milk

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

Place ingredients (except nuts) in bowl, but do not mix. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Fold in nuts. Pour mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until set.

Or this one--

EASY MICROWAVE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE

Ingredients:

12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips

12 oz. peanut butter

14 oz. sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

In a 1-1/2 quart microwave-proof bowl, melt chocolate and peanut butter on high for 3 minutes. Stir well. Add milk and stir until well blended. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate to chill. Makes approximately 42 pieces.

CHERRY BREAD

2 1/2 c. flour

1 c. sugar

1 tsp. soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. buttermilk

1/2 c. Wesson oil

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

8 oz. bottle chopped cherries

1 c. chopped nuts

Put flour, sugar, soda and salt in large bowl. Add buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Add cherries and nuts. Bake in 2 loaf pans (well oiled and floured). Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Chocolate Cracker Treats

Line cookie sheet with foil. Lay out club crackers, make sure they are touching. Melt one cup sugar and one cup butter making sure they are incorporated together. Pour over crackers. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pop in oven at 350 degress for a minute or two, or until chocolate chips are melted. Remove from oven and spread the chocolate over the crackers. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Let cool and break into pieces.

Fantastic wrapped up in pretty bags for a nice holiday gift!

This is one of our favorite deserts. It is good for all occasions. It's a nice easy recipie that can be made the day before a special event.

1 20oz package Oreo cookies (divided)

1/2 cup butter (melted)

2 8-oz. cream cheese, softened

1 cup peanut butter

3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided

2 12-oz cool whip divided

30 miniature peanut butter cups (chopped)

2 cup cold milk

2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix

Crush cookies save some for top. Mix remaining with melted butter. Press into bottom of 13 x 9 inch pan. In mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and 2 cups confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups. In another mixing bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and 1 cup confectioners' sugar on low for 2 minutes. Fold in remaining whipped topping. Spread over peanut butter cups. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.

On our favorites is a Paula Deen recipe. Very delicious!!! I think it is time to make one now!!

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients

Crust:

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

3 tablespoons light brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 stick melted salted butter

Filling:

3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature

1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin

3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk

1/4 cup sour cream

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

2 tablespoon all-purpose flour

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

For crust:

In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

For filling:

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.

Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.

I make this cake without nuts, and frost with cream cheese frosting, it is by far the best pumpkin cake recipe I have ever made.

Yummy Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients:

2 cups white sugar

1 1/4 cups vegetable oil

2 cups canned pumpkin

4 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12x18 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared 12x18 inch pan.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Fudgy No Bake Cookies

Ingredients

4 tbls herseys coco

2 cups sugar

1 stick butter

1/2 cup milk

3/4 a jar creamy peanut butter (regular six, not large)

3 1/2 cups quick oats

1 tsp vanilla

Pinch cinnamon ( optional)

Mix together sugar, coco, milk and butter in pan over medium heat. Slowly melt ingredients together until combined and smooth and mixture begins a slow boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut

Butter, oats and cinnamon (optional) . Mix quickly and drop spoonfuls on to parchment paper or Reynolds wrap . Let cool about 30 minutes until firm. Makes 20-35 cookies depending on how big you make them.

This is a secret recipe I created and guaranteed best no bake cookies

You will ever eat! I hope to get a shirt, because it took

Me this long to decide to give this recipe up!

Apple Cake

Ingredients

5 apple - peeled, cored and sliced

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

4 teaspoons baking powder

4 eggs

2 cups white sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup chopped walnuts

4 teaspoons white sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.

Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 15 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer. Add oil and blend in.

Add four mixture and mix well. Add vanilla. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan.

In a small bowl, mix 4 teaspoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.

Kids LOVE it, adults too... :yup:

Rainbow cupscakes the kids love them and I make them to most of the parties I go to because there bright and fun to do.

What you will need:

One box of white cake mix

2 eggs

1 tbs of oil

6 food colors red Orange yellow green blue purple

6 disposable cups

Cupcake liners (alumnium if possible) if not white is fine

*First make the white cake mix follow those instructions, after you finish that you have to divide all the cake mix its an ivory color now into 6 disposable cups and make them even for you have enough of each color now you begin putting about three drops of the food coloring into each seperate container and mixing with a spoon to get your color after your finished you should now have 6 different colors now you have to line the cupcake holders and starting with one color and pooring a little bit until you finish the color so you start with red than Orange and ect. After that now you have every color inside one of the cupcakes and you bake them and if you got the covers to be aluminium it hides the colors until you open them and you top them with chocolate or vanilla frosting and when they bite into them they would have never known its rainbow inside that's the whole surprise.

People love the the colors! Trying to figure out upload my photos I will post them ASAP.

Festive Caramel Apples!

I make caramel apples every year for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, they are easy and fun and you can make exactly what you want.

Ingredients

Green or other tart apples of your choice

Caramel squares

baking chocolate or chocolate chips

Candy sticks or Popsicle sticks

options are endless chocolate, nuts, candycorn, sprinkles, gummies , m&m's, Reeses etc...

Directions

Melt caramel

melt chocolate

Put sticks in apples

put toppings in wide bowls

Dip apples in caramel

DIp apple in chocolate if desired

roll in toppings or sprinkle them over the apple

Put on wax paper and chill until set

EAT!!!!

Halloween Recipes – Pumpkin shaped Halloween desserts with candy inside

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows

- OR -

4 cups miniature marshmallows

Food coloring (orange)

6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal

12 bite-size candies (such as peanut butter cups, chocolate-covered nougat bars or large gum drops)

Canned frosting (green)

12 small green gum drops

Why use Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®?

Why use Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®?As the first crisped rice cereal, Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® has been bringing families together in the kitchen for over 80 years.

To experience the timeless flavor, make your Rice Krispies Treats® squares with the original Rice Krispies® brand cereal.

Where to buy

1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.

2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape around one candy piece. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day.

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.

Note:

For best results, use fresh marshmallows.

Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.

Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.

I love this stuff! I haven't made it yet but this year I an definitely trying to make my own!

Peppermint Brittle

Prep Time: 5 Minutes

Cook Time: 5 Minutes

Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes

Servings: 36

"Peppermint candies are crushed and then stirred into melted white chocolate. The mixture is spread into a pan, and allowed to chill until hardened."

Ingredients:

2 pounds white chocolate

30 small peppermint candy canes

Directions:

1. Line a large jellyroll pan with heavy-duty foil.

2. Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on medium setting for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.

3. Place candy canes in a plastic bag, or between two pieces of waxed paper. Using a mallet or rolling pin, break the candy canes into chunks. Stir peppermint into melted white chocolate. Spread evenly in pan, and chill until set, about 1 hour. Break into pieces by slamming pan on counter.

Candied Pretzel Rods

20 pretzel rods

1 pkg white almond bark

1 pkg choc almond bark

various other toppings you desire

I melt each bark seperately in a double boiler or in the microwave. Dip pretzel 3/4 of the way to the top, until well coated and excess has dripped off. Then roll the pretzel into chopped nuts or crushed candies until well coated. let cool by standing upright for 1 hr or so. I buy the little plastic bags that these fit in and use the twist tie to close them. They make great present toppers or take home gifts...you can even hang them on the tree as ornaments.

I got rave reviews on the white chocolate with crushed peppermints, both red and green peppermints. I even have done peanut butter with mini choco chips.

Easy but looks great. You can do the same basic thing with apples FYI.

Did I mention I really want a GD tshirt? lol :D

Fudgy No Bake Cookies

Ingredients

4 tbls herseys coco

2 cups sugar

1 stick butter

1/2 cup milk

3/4 a jar creamy peanut butter (regular six, not large)

3 1/2 cups quick oats

1 tsp vanilla

Pinch cinnamon ( optional)

Mix together sugar, coco, milk and butter in pan over medium heat. Slowly melt ingredients together until combined and smooth and mixture begins a slow boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut

Butter, oats and cinnamon (optional) . Mix quickly and drop spoonfuls on to parchment paper or Reynolds wrap . Let cool about 30 minutes until firm. Makes 20-35 cookies depending on how big you make them.

This is a secret recipe I created and guaranteed best no bake cookies

You will ever eat! I hope to get a shirt, because it took

Me this long to decide to give this recipe up!

my mom used to make these when i was a kid

Peanut Butter Balls

1 18 oz crunch PB

1 16 oz pkg conf sugar

1 stick real butter

1 tsp vanilla

melt PB, sugar, butter and vanilla till smooth...will be thick. When cooled roll into balls (1") put in frig over night. Melt either choc almond bark or choc chips over double boiler and then

take a skewer and dip each ball into choc until covered. Place dipped balls on parchment or wax paper in frig and then eat and enjoy :fluffy:

adult recipe alot like an alcoholic drink lol

My fiance wanted me to post this recipe. it is shared with her be her good friend Pete Schweddy...They are his famous Scheddy Balls

He shares these with her every Christmas and throughout the rest of of the year when she craves them most. I have tried to duplicate them but she says that his ar more suculant and moist

Note: be careful where you lay your balls for they may become mis shapen

Note to guys: these make a great gift for that special lady in your life when tied with pretty ribbon and a bow... women cant resist a Schweddy Ball Sack

2-3 tbsp organic natural peanut butter (no salt or sugar added)

2 tbsp agave nectar (I'll just be using honey)

1/2 cup of organic vanilla or choc. protein powder

2 tbsp organic shredded coconut

1 tbsp chopped nuts

2 tbsp raisins or other dried fruit you like

Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl until mixture gets kind of crumbly then add the remaining ingredients and roll into 3 balls and refrigerate to set. 1 ball = 1 serving

Enjoy!!!!