How Many Rolls of Wrapping Paper?

bfaddict1977

I just stocked UP on wrapping paper at the $1 store. Got about 10 rolls and figured that SHOULD be enough to wrap the kids gifts. How many rolls of paper does everyone here use and where do you buy yours? I cannot find the Channuka paper yet but I know it's still early:) Last yr I believe it was out though.

I usually buy my wrapping paper from Target and Walmart the day after Christmas. I usually have about 30 people to buy for so I stock up quite a bit. I usually have about 20 rolls on hand but each year varies how much I use because of the size of the gifts. I also use the different paper for each person ( for my kids I have 2-3 of the same roll each and then about 1 roll for dh, 1 roll for my mom ( she lives upstairs from us so we buy her alot) and then every1 else I just use the other paper I bought....HTH

I just stocked UP on wrapping paper at the $1 store. Got about 10 rolls and figured that SHOULD be enough to wrap the kids gifts. How many rolls of paper does everyone here use and where do you buy yours? I cannot find the Channuka paper yet but I know it's still early:) Last yr I believe it was out though.

You'll need to check those rolls to make sure you have enough. The dollar rolls typically have much less paper on them,than say,the ones you would get at Walgreen's or Target.

Those smaller rolls are great for when you don't want to spend a lot on paper but

I just don't want you to run out of paper while you're wrapping prezzies!

Many times, Walgreen's will run a Buy1 Get 2 free deal on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

Those are the big rolls with sturdy paper that doesn't rip made by Ambassador I think.

HTH

:)

I also use different paper for everyone. It is just easier to know whose is whose and I don't have to put tags on them..lol. I make a list of whose paper is whose and hide it in my drawer. I usually get paper from Walmart for my 3 kids stuff. I usually buy one huge roll or two or three smaller rolls for them. I usually use what I have left from the previous year for everyone else. I try to buy wrapping paper after Christmas for the next year, but I don't always have the money. I usually buy at least 6 rolls per year.

Oh Geez, I am rather shameful how I love buying wrapping papper. I love Hallmark ones because they got the grids on the back for you to follow with your scissor to cut with . The reason I am ashame of it is because I think my oldest rolls dated back to my college days that was close to 20 years ago. LOL.

I have gotten some really great paper really cheap at Ollies. You kind of have to check a few times but you get good stuff like from Target, Walmart, even Hallmark brand for half price or better. I have gotten some really nice gift bags there as well for next to nothing - great for "re stocking" and the past 3 years I have gotten my cards there! I got Hallmark brand and American Greetings for like $2 and $3 a box!!

I always have too much left, as someone else said, gifts are in smaller packages, so I use less :( I love wrapping though.

I might use 2 rolls of 50-70 for one Christmas.. I dislike having to see the same design year after year--so I never buy 100 ft rolls or multiples of designs...

I saw cute FROSTY, DORA, SPONGEBOB, & CHRISTMAS STORY paper at Walmart the other day, it was $3 for 70 feet. I didn't buy it though, but almost. . . I think I will wait for Walgreens, they have a sale BEFORE Black Friday, and I think it is Buy ONE get Two rolls free, because it is NEVER cheaper the whole season, they'll have it in BF ad, but it is always cheaper 1-2 weeks before BF. I think it is made by a sub-division of Hallmark or Am.Greetings, I think it's decent for the price.

For a few years I wrapped the gifts my mom (GRANDMA) bought for all her grandkids because hands are bad and she dislikes it anyway... F - U - N !

[quote name=

For a few years I wrapped the gifts my mom (GRANDMA) bought for all her grandkids because hands are bad and she dislikes it anyway... F - U - N ![/quote]

I am with you. I absolutely love to wrap the gifts and I often wrap my mom's stuff also. I do a good bit of her shopping also since I go out of town BF and she doesn't. She just gives me the money and tells me what she wants. But, she does watch my daughter for me while I go shopping...lol.

I probably use about 3 rolls a year. Of course, that really depends on what the gifts are. My kids are still pretty young and a lot of toys come with big packages.

I got a wrapping paper container several years ago. It's one that stands up, is about 18" x 18" at the base, stands about 3.5' tall, holds about 16 rolls, has a place for cards, gift tags, tape, bows, etc, and is always in my closet. I keep holiday, birthday, and general wrapping paper on hand at all times. I've never been able to make a color-coordinated tree look good, so our tree is multicolored and I like to have lots of different wrapping paper under it. Most of of the paper I choose has a red, green, or blue background and I make sure to mix it up when I wrap. I try to use up the dwindling paper from the previous year before buying new. Most of my paper comes from post-holiday clearance or Walgreens (they've done the 3-for-the-price-of-1 deal as long as I have been buying wrapping paper, nomally a couple times per season).

I have a seperate roll I use for family gifts. When we go to reletive's houses use a classier-looking paper then the cartoonish ones we use under our tree. When family gets together there are gifts everywhere, and it is easier to find ours if they are all wrapped in the same paper.

I love wrapping and have stop buying the stick on bowes.. I now use ribbon with the wiring lining and they would be match to whatever wrapping paper I got. One year I use this pastel wrapping paper. Lavendar squares with snowman and trees and the ribbon was a darker shade of lavender. All my girlfriends love it !!

OK give me an address to send my stuff for you guys to wrap. I HATE wrapping. I usually bag everything. What I do wrap I only buy the flat wrap from the Christmas Tree Shop...the rolls are evil to use imho, lol

I use more and more gift bags cuz I stink at wrapping.... In fact I'm thinking of using a gift bag as a stocking this year since I tend to go overboard on the stockings...

I use more and more gift bags cuz I stink at wrapping.... In fact I'm thinking of using a gift bag as a stocking this year since I tend to go overboard on the stockings...

LOL...I stink at wrapping too but I usually wrap halfway decently without bells and whistles.....on occasion someone gets a patch up job:P I refuse to buy bags as I need them and I never know what's going in there. The kids toys is by far the worst but so much fun to see if I can do it.

I love wrapping and have stop buying the stick on bowes.. I now use ribbon with the wiring lining and they would be match to whatever wrapping paper I got. One year I use this pastel wrapping paper. Lavendar squares with snowman and trees and the ribbon was a darker shade of lavender. All my girlfriends love it !!

We do this too - it's so pretty to have all the nice packages under the tree! We also like to tie things into the centers of the bows. If you got to Michael's or AC Moore then you can get the craft picks for wreaths and things or sometimes we use small inexpensive and simple ornaments with string loops. Good examples are big jingle bells and snowflakes that come in packs of like 6 or so. For the craft picks we get holly and berries or just sparkly "fluffy" looking stuff, or the twiggy branch ones that are glittery. The simple ones look nicer tied in. If you have a Garden Ridge they have good deals on Ribbon and the picks :)

Know why I think I enjoy wrapping so much?? Because it was something I WAS ALLOWED TO DO :)

So Often I was told not to touch this or that, or I couldn't hang said ornaments because they were glass, etc... and so gifts to teachers/others/ were "safe" for me to handle...

So I got good at it because it was all I was permitted to do.. LOL.

OK give me an address to send my stuff for you guys to wrap. I HATE wrapping. I usually bag everything. What I do wrap I only buy the flat wrap from the Christmas Tree Shop...the rolls are evil to use imho, lol

For all of you who dislike wrapping, I thought you might want to consider these type of gift bags-- a 60 piece set from QVC. I dislike the paper type bags with rope handles for Xmas because kids/people can easily peek inside/they can get knocked over and gift comes out of tissue. http-~~-//www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.H192041.desc.60Piece-Holiday-Gift-Bag-and-Gift-Card-Set (If you click on the link it'll take u to QVC and then click on VIDEOS and you'll see how they demonstrated them)

These bags, have a ribbon built in that you can "cinch" and if you want, even re-use them another year. They looked alot prettier on-air than they do just in a photo. Also, they'd take up virtually NO room to store. Maybe this will help, If I hated to wrap, I'd buy 'em.

These bags, have a ribbon built in that you can "cinch" and if you want, even re-use them another year. They looked alot prettier on-air than they do just in a photo. Also, they'd take up virtually NO room to store. Maybe this will help, If I hated to wrap, I'd buy 'em.

While I like the bags I would wait until they were half priced or more to buy..plus I just don't like the looks of bags for everything, my SIL has always done bags whether because easier or she sucks at wrapping I'm not sure.

While I like the bags I would wait until they were half priced or more to buy..plus I just don't like the looks of bags for everything, my SIL has always done bags whether because easier or she sucks at wrapping I'm not sure.

Right, well it was just a suggestion. I am not a bag person myself, but those bags may be helpful and very convenient for someone, so just thought I'd point them out.

I go through a ton of wrapping paper too. We also have a different one for each child, then there is one for my husband and I, then I try to do different ones for the opposite sides of the family so that we take them to the right places (especially since one family is over four hours away). Santa also wraps each child's presents in their own papers so that they aren't mixed up in the hubabaloo of Christmas morning. So without wrapping a single present, I need at least nine rolls...then the kids usually end up needing two or more rolls each, this year we are cutting way back on what we are giving them though, so it might just be one each this year.