What city will you be shopping in this year?

jellybean051901

I have always wanted to BF at the Mall of America! Never been there but what an experience that would be! Has anyone ever done it? It would be a long drive for me though and no way I could fly out there if my goal was to shop! LOL

My thoughts on this would be NO WAY, lol. The idea is to try finding a "secret" location where you don't have the maximum competition.

Anyone in Fargo, ND? I usually am in Des Moines but will be in Fargo this year. Not sure what to do since Toys R Us and Target will be opening within two hours of each other. Wondering which one is the best to go for. Last year did 10pm Toys R Us and then over to Target line for 5am opening. But that was South side Des Moines.

I have always wanted to BF at the Mall of America! Never been there but what an experience that would be! Has anyone ever done it? It would be a long drive for me though and no way I could fly out there if my goal was to shop! LOL

Yes. Lived in St. Paul up until a couple years ago, so that was my home mall. It's really just like any other mall on BF--or any day, just bigger. But generally, the same stores, the same deals, etc. Really nothing special...except if you want you can take a break and ride a roller-coaster.

Small N.C. mountain town, Franklin, that we travel to a lot for my rockhounding and to visit friends. Found out last BF that the Wal-Mart there is apparently doesn't get hit hard by many that day, since we walked in after 11 to find most of the doorbusters still there. :eek: Want a TV and desktop computer this year so will try our luck there but will go at opening

We will be in Wesley Chapel FL and New Tampa FL shopping this year as we usually are.

Have hit those stores down at exit 279 in the past too though on BF, my dad lives near St Leo, bit up the road.

Small N.C. mountain town, Franklin, that we travel to a lot for my rockhounding and to visit friends. Found out last BF that the Wal-Mart there is apparently doesn't get hit hard by many that day, since we walked in after 11 to find most of the doorbusters still there. :eek: Want a TV and desktop computer this year so will try our luck there but will go at opening

Have hit those stores down at exit 279 in the past too though on BF, my dad lives near St Leo, bit up the road.

St. Leo isn't far from where I live at all. The first year they opened a new shopping center here it was nice, nothing in there was very busy. Got to BestBuy and the line was all of 15-20 people deep. Waited for the doors to open walked in nice and calm. Got everything we wanted. Since then it's a tad more packed though.

I used to spend vacations in Franklin as a child. Many happy memories (not to mention a nice ruby ring from a stone I found when I was 11).

I live in Des Moines, Iowa but just found out I'll be over by the Quad Cities (IA/IL) this year. The small town I'll be in will only have a WalMart and Menards so will likely be driving the 30-45 minutes to Davenport. I'm not happy as I don't know my way around there as well! I was truly surprised my shopping doesn't play into people's planning of Thanksgiving here! :)