What time do you open presents on Christmas morning?

MarkRaby

What time do you open presents on Christmas morning?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you open presents on Christmas morning?

• Before 5:00 AM -- early risers and "late-night" fanatics
    • 5:00 AM - 6:59 AM -- just before the sun rises
    • 7:00 AM - 8:59 AM -- a little early, but nothing extreme
    • 9:00 AM - 10:59 AM -- why wake up early?
    • After 11 AM -- big sleepers and churchgoers

Guest cantweshare

Whenever all of the kids are up and we can drag our old bodies out of the bed. We are usually up until 3 or 4 wrapping presents the night before, but they don't know that. So we are usually going on 3 or 4 hours of sleep that day. And they we get to see those hours of work wrapping those presents shreaded in minutes.

Do you plan it that way (up late wrapping) or just run behind schedule? I wrapped on Christmas Eve day last year and HATED that I had let it go on so late. I can't imagine not having everything ready by the time we began our Christmas eve festivities. I have a friend who wrapped everything PLUS put the tree up after the kids went to bed. Then she was exhausted on Christmas day. I couldn't do that. :coffeetim

Guest cantweshare
During the Christmas when my son was 2 or so, I woke up at like 5 a.m. to get dressed (so I'd look presentable on the video), get the video camera set up and ready to go, turn the lights on the tree, etc. Then I waited and waited and waited until he finally got up about 9:00 or so. :yawn:

My brother and I used to get up by 4 am and have to sit on the stairs and wait untill my parents would finally get up, they they would have to make sure Santa came, (make coffee) before they let us come down stairs. My little ones are too young to wake themselves up so early on christmas yet.

Pretty much as soon as the kids wake up, but I ban them from getting out of bed before 7 am. I've actually been known to set their clock back, so that they think it's 7 am when it's really 8, just to buy myself that one extra hour. ;)

Never thought of that. I may have to try that this year :tongue1: DD could sleep all morning, but DS gets up as soon as it is light outside.

Whenever 1st kid wakes up, which will probably be my 7 year old she has an internal clock that she wakes up at 5:40 every morning (this is what time we get up for school). Since they will be out of school for a good week ahead of this I am hoping she gets knocked off track :) just by an hour or so.

Of course the chain reaction goes on thru the house they make sure all other kids are up then they come get us. I started this thing last year where I go make everybody hot chocolate so they can all calm down and relax before we start the adventure:2roller: