No Walmart legal letter yet... update 10/19: it's here

Brad

In all honesty, because of the fact that I never got to check the Walmart ad before making my plans on where to be and what order.... Walmart has never been able to make the list of stops. Maybe this year I'll get to see their ad before I make my plans and might actually get there to make some purchases. Their letter to remove their ad when all the other ads remained posted without the threat of legal action was pretty much the equivilent of them not having a Black Friday ad since many of us make plans well in advance of the ads actually being released.

I don't understand why they don't want it posted either. Most true hardcore Black Friday shoppers do their shopping very early. I go to Walmart every year since it is the only major retail store in our town. But if I lived in a bigger city they probably would not make my list either since they are so late putting it out.

I don't understand why they don't want it posted either. Most true hardcore Black Friday shoppers do their shopping very early. I go to Walmart every year since it is the only major retail store in our town. But if I lived in a bigger city they probably would not make my list either since they are so late putting it out.

When I first moved to this area I only knew of about 5 or 6 of the major stores that have BF sales and only went to them the first year here. I have since found that within 5 miles I have every major retailer that has BF sales, and then about 8 miles away is Walmart. While 8 miles is not a big deal, I make up my lists over a week in advance, and not getting the Walmart ad until within a week of BF it is actually too late to make the cut.

Just saw on another BF site, they received their Walmart letter today. However they sent it to the wrong website with no "authorized" release date of when they can officially publish the ad. My guess would be Brad will get it either today or Monday. Also the letter mentions something about a special sale the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Looks like in addition to special BF sales and weekend sales, they are trying to add Sunday only sales, possibly also with doorbuster prices.

Someone needs to hurry up and get the ad. Then I can save it to my computer and won't have to worry about it when the ad is removed because of THE LETTER.

I am with you there. I hope (cross my finger) that I can get it save before Brad is forced to take it down.... I wonder if the Apps will allow me to save onto my cellphone ?

I wouldn't read too much into the Sunday sale part of the letter. IIRC, they always have a sale that starts the following Sunday (I think we posted that early last year too) so maybe they just want to cover all their bases. If we posted any of their other ads early they'd probably have been included in that e-mail as well.

And as for the letter and us not getting one yet, maybe they decided to "partner" with one site (us) and have us release their ad in advance for them....

I wouldn't read too much into the Sunday sale part of the letter. IIRC, they always have a sale that starts the following Sunday (I think we posted that early last year too) so maybe they just want to cover all their bases. If we posted any of their other ads early they'd probably have been included in that e-mail as well.

And as for the letter and us not getting one yet, maybe they decided to "partner" with one site (us) and have us release their ad in advance for them....

Now that would be the smartest thing they have done since deciding to bring back Layaway... :)

But it's not officially supposed to be Black Friday season until you get your annual C&D letter. It won't be. It can't be!

... Can it? :eek:

As I said before and I'll say it again, it is a stupid move for Walmart to keep their ad from being seen once the others are posted. I doubt I'm the only one that plans weeks early for BF and by the week before I have my list set based on what is closest to each other and what times they open so I can be almost everyplace when they open, lol. Walmart has not made my places to shop on BF list in a while because I don't know early enough what if any good sales they have.