Official Black Friday TABLET & E-READER Discussion Thread

Brad

As always, we have several dedicated threads for the hotter items each Black Friday. Please try to keep all discussion related to these items in their official threads. Other threads posted will likely be merged into this main thread.

• 2 weeks later...
I had purchased one of the small tablets a while back, the old adage rings true. You get what you pay for. :) The touch is resistive not capacitive like a touch is which means you actually have to push on spots on the screen and it can make it very hard to be precise. I'm hoping someone will decide they can't get their money back from the HP Touchpad price drop and sells them off for even a little profit :)

• 3 weeks later...

The big rumor is that Best Buy hoarded some HP models for Black Friday.

Not sure if they would hoarde up on older technology items this soon. I hope so though, that's what my daughter wants the most this year. I've been looking at the 7" tablets which I think would be fine, but I think she wants the 10" for about $100. I know and trust the HP name so if they have it for the right price I'll get her one.

Good to see you back Taz, It certainly was strange how quickly some stores put up the signs telling customers that they didn't have any.

A lot of stores had people buying 10 at a time. That's why eBay has tons of them now. And the sheeple are lapping them up at double and triple the price. Plus, there are battery problems with Touchpad and, since there will no longer be any support, no more apps or upgrades. I'm hoping for a Samsung or Toshiba.

Any predictions for the Amazon 3G/WiFi Kindle?

I've been getting a feel for prices from last years ads, however I couldn't find any pricing for the Amazon Kindle.

This will be my first year of extreme shopping on Black Friday! Super excited and yet a little scared.

Last year the original model of the kindle went on sale but nothing for the newer 3g kindle. I onlty remember cause I was looking for a deal too. I ended up getting one for mothers day, same price 189 but with a 25 dollar gc but with all the competition this year with tablets I think they might offer a good deal...

Any predictions for the Amazon 3G/WiFi Kindle?

I've been getting a feel for prices from last years ads, however I couldn't find any pricing for the Amazon Kindle.

This will be my first year of extreme shopping on Black Friday! Super excited and yet a little scared.

I believe Amazon is putting out a tablet this year for $249 (retail price, might be slightly lower on BF but since it will be brand new to the market there's a good chance it won't be on sale BF). Considering they will have the tablet which can do everything the Kindle can and much more for that price, I would expect the Kindle with 3g to be about $100 - $129 this year. This year I predict tablets to be in, and all the older Nooks, Kindles, etc. to drop greatly in price due to the competition of the tablets. I would also not be too surprised to see a price drop on the Ipad 1 and possibly a slight drop on the Ipad 2 shortly before BF.

You should be able to start pre-ordering by the end of the day. $199 is looking pretty good. It's not an iPad, but it will have a lot of features and be able to stream vdeos through Amazon. The first version cis going to be 'lite' on features and they hope to add more next year or so w/ a newer version. Maybe Amazon will have a 'fire sale' on the old ones soon.

Amazon just lowered the price of the current model to $99 on their site!

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Special-Offers-Wireless-Reader/dp/B004HFS6Z0/ref=amb_link_357484602_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1RR6ZM2GXRFFCPFC073M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1317627142&pf_rd_i=507846