Amazon Toy Discussion Thread

noehlp

Has anyone else noticed that ever since Amazon had that major price "mistake" on all those toys last week that finding even their normal sale prices is almost impossible?!? :confused: Could those have been "Black Friday Specials" posted at the wrong time - or perhaps Amazon has special toy deal hot deals coming up for us soon... Don't know - but have NEVER seen their prices on toys and video games (especially Outlet Items) so HIGH in price! :(

OMG.....the 1st dollhouse and the rocketship posted a bit ago are too cute. I emailed bff a link to both since I can't go crazy this year and already have stuff for her kids(my gs and honorary niece). Mia already has the barbie 3 story house but as Max loves to play with it, I think the rocketship would be perfect for him. PLUS it would make daddy feel better since he is a little worried by his son emulating his daughter :P

OMG.....the 1st dollhouse and the rocketship posted a bit ago are too cute. I emailed bff a link to both since I can't go crazy this year and already have stuff for her kids(my gs and honorary niece). Mia already has the barbie 3 story house but as Max loves to play with it, I think the rocketship would be perfect for him. PLUS it would make daddy feel better since he is a little worried by his son emulating his daughter :P

No reason boys can't play with doll houses, too - but as a Grandmother of 3 grandsons - I WOULD rather see them playing with the Rocket Ship one! ;)

I saw them, and it made me wish that my girls were younger instead of teenagers. :) It was so much easier to shop for my girls when they were younger.

Anyone think that Amazon will do a Price dip on the Fijits? I see that they are already down to $39.xx which is $10 cheaper than the stores already. I'm hoping i can catch one on sale with Amazon and then return the one i have on lay away at Kmart lol

I saw that price drop today too - considered posting it in toy deals thread. I would hope it would go lower, but Amazon is a toss up lately - you just never know. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

thought i'd chime in on this toy that was posted in the toy thread.

Aqua Sand Polar Playground

List Price: $24.99

Price: $10.08 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

You Save: $14.91 (60%)

Might want to see if they will go lower, or even check walmart. I was able to get this at my local walmart for $5.00 and the refill aqua sand bottles were only $1.00. they had this clearenced in the summer toy section.

thought i'd chime in on this toy that was posted in the toy thread.

Aqua Sand Polar Playground

List Price: $24.99

Price: $10.08 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

You Save: $14.91 (60%)

Might want to see if they will go lower, or even check walmart. I was able to get this at my local walmart for $5.00 and the refill aqua sand bottles were only $1.00. they had this clearenced in the summer toy section.

Thank you for the heads up!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought for TOT's at the Target sale, we donate each year. Last year we brought a bunch and was filling up the box when people actually stopped and watched us load the box up, then a volunteer just happened to show up to empty the box and thanked us many times over, she said that the donations were way down compared to years past. My husband has been out of work for three months and not a good year for us but I still bought some, it makes us feel good.

It would be great to see more so willing to give to the less fortunate! Money is tight I know but it don't cost allot to brighten a child's Christmas! You truely are to be commended God Bless.

where are all the amazon toy deals??? come on Amazon!

If youve shopped Amazon years past, the toy deals dont start yet.They will start like the week after BF and the really good sales will happen like the last week.They always offer free prime so your items arrive on time.I have never lost faith in Amazon.At least for things i need.PATIENTS!!!JMO

If youve shopped Amazon years past, the toy deals dont start yet.They will start like the week after BF and the really good sales will happen like the last week.They always offer free prime so your items arrive on time.I have never lost faith in Amazon.At least for things i need.PATIENTS!!!JMO

I know, I should be more patient.. but I'm so past ready! lol.. yes Amazon has saved us tons every year since i started shoping their Christmas sales. But this year, I'm thinking they should just go ahead and start early lol. : )

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have the prime membership even the trial membership? I am looking to see if I can find something to temporarily add me to their prime membership. You can add someone by putting in their email address and date of birth....they can't see or do anything with your account just gives them the prime membership when the log into their account to use for shipping. Thanks.

All you need to do is make another gmail address, open another amazon account and sign up for amazon mom. It comes with 3 months of free prime. I've done it 5 times now.

Does anyone have the prime membership even the trial membership? I am looking to see if I can find something to temporarily add me to their prime membership. You can add someone by putting in their email address and date of birth....they can't see or do anything with your account just gives them the prime membership when the log into their account to use for shipping. Thanks.

If I did that to make a new account, I would not be able to use my gift card balance from the account I have now then would I? Or is there a way I could? Possbly make my husband the new account and have him friend me into it? would that work? If so, any specific details on how I would go about doing it would be great to have. thanks!

All you need to do is make another gmail address, open another amazon account and sign up for amazon mom. It comes with 3 months of free prime. I've done it 5 times now.

Moved some posts from the Amazon Toy Thread over to this thread.

Some notes from me:

1) I LOVE the Amazon Toy Deals, BUT my kids are getting older and aren't huge into toys. I have some toy items in my cart (I check price updates/changes in my cart SEVERAL times a day around this time of year), but most are electronics, movies, books, clothes, video games, etc.

I don't always go into the Toy Section on Amazon every day, I just don't have the time it takes now (see #2).

With it getting closer to what everyone hopes is Amazon's yearly great toy prices, I urge you all to check your own carts for big price drops. That's a big tell-tale sign - if you have several of them at the same time, then it's time to start scouring the toy section on amazon. And then of course posting those good deal prices on toys sold by Amazon in the toy thread.

2) Amazon's sorting and browsing functions have really gone down hill over the years - and this year is NOT better, but worse, imho. Thus, making finding toy deals VERY time consuming. The 'sort' function really doesn't work. The 'shop by' function sort of works.

But, here's a bigger issue I've noticed this year.

Let's say I'm browsing under Dolls & Girls Toys category, and I've chosen Amazon as the seller - the prices I see while browsing may not always be the price of the item when I pull up the item - if that makes a lot sense to you. In the past you could rely on the prices while browsing, but now not always. It's really random too. This means you almost have to pull up each item to get the best & accurate pricing sold by Amazon. I have no idea why it's doing this, and it's not a one-time fluke for me.

3) If you have questions about how to find toy deals or do the posts - feel free to ask in this thread - other GottaDealers' will gladly help you. I will also swing in and try to help you out.