Any ideas if Walmart will be having another "secret sale"?

princess7794

Any ideas if Walmart will be having another "secret sale" as they have the last couple of years?

When was the first one

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

They did. I bought itunes cards 35.00 for a$50.00 card

I also got the Itunes cards last year. They had a Compaq laptop for about $250 and good deals on TVs. I wasn't in the market for tvs but this year I am and hoping they have it again before BF. They usually have it the first Saturday of November.

Thanks for posting when the itunes went on sale! That was great and I'm hoping they do it again this year too!

Does anybody know when the walmart sales start

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

one word of caution, it happened at my walmart, In WI state law prohibits items being sold for less than what they cost. There were very angry people at my walmart when they couldn't sell some items for the advertised price. Hopefully Walmart will do more research this year.

one word of caution, it happened at my walmart, In WI state law prohibits items being sold for less than what they cost. There were very angry people at my walmart when they couldn't sell some items for the advertised price. Hopefully Walmart will do more research this year.

Actually, all they need to do is modify your state inserts if they even care to.

I am also looking forward to the Saturday sales again; I got itunes cards last year and wouldn't mind getting some more again. Also, I'm hoping a store does a PS3 w/ gc prior to Black Friday. If I have to wait until BF that's fine but I would much rather get it before and not have to worry about it.

I usually get some big ticket items at the Saturday sale so I hope they do it again this year. Plus instead of staying in line all night, you just have to go a couple of hours earlier than the sale starts

If you are after the so so sale, then I can see why. Walmart has these all of the time. One year they even had the netbooks at a decent price after black friday.

I am also looking forward to the Saturday sales again; I got itunes cards last year and wouldn't mind getting some more again. Also, I'm hoping a store does a PS3 w/ gc prior to Black Friday. If I have to wait until BF that's fine but I would much rather get it before and not have to worry about it.

That is what I may be looking for also. It is really going to depend on the price. It will be either a PS3 or another PS2. We need another game system so my boys will each have one in their room..

That is what I may be looking for also. It is really going to depend on the price. It will be either a PS3 or another PS2. We need another game system so my boys will each have one in their room..

That would largely depend upon whether you have any PS2 games lying around in profusion. You may want to avoid the mess altogether and get a used game system if the balance of your games are of the PS2 variety. Craigslist is a money-saver in this regard, and so will yard sales in season.

That would largely depend upon whether you have any PS2 games lying around in profusion. You may want to avoid the mess altogether and get a used game system if the balance of your games are of the PS2 variety. Craigslist is a money-saver in this regard, and so will yard sales in season.

Well, I know that they love their PS2 but they are kind of wanting a PS3. But I know I can't get one unless the price is right. We live in such a small town that Craigslist is really out of the question unless they are willing to ship. I am kind of weary of Craigslist also, since there is not any rating system (at least there wasn't the last time I looked). I have posted on our local areas online yard sale that I am looking for a PS3 but so far no luck. I am just going to hold out and see what the prices are for the PS3. I have it in my budget for 350.00 for system and games. So if it is around 250-300 w/gc then that will still be ok, bc I use the gc to pay for a game.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I've been away, but yes there was a secret sale or last year on November 6 and 7. And, Amazon matched some of the items if I recall. I just have not heard if Walmart is planning to do the sale this year and was wondering if anyone had heard. Below is what was on sale last year.

Walmart announced that they will be having the "Amazing Walmart Electronics Event" early Black Friday sale this Saturday, November 6th through November 7th or while supplies last. The majority of these prices will also be available on Walmart.com. The sale starts at 8:00am in stores and the online sale times will vary. Here are the products that they will be offering this year:

* Vizio 26" M260VA 720p LED HDTV for $198.

* Vizio 32" E320VL 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV for $298.

* Vizio 42" E420VO 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV for $498.

* Vizio 47" E470VL 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV for $698.

* Vizio 55" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV for $898.

* Compaq 15.6" CQ6-109WM Laptop w/Intel Celeron Processor, 2GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium for $288.

* Sony PlayStation 3 320GB Console w/Move Bundle (includes PlayStation Eye camera, PlayStation Move controller and Sports Champions) and a $50 Walmart or Walmart.com Gift Card for $399.

* $50 iTunes Gift Cards for $35.

I believe it. Two years ago there was a large crowd outside Walmart. One of the managers opened the door to see why so many people were out there, they showed them the flyer......needless to say they were scrambling around to see if they even had the items in stock......gotta love the big secret from the employees.

I asked about this one on Monday(10/24/11) and no one in the electronics department knew about it, but they also said that they don't usually find out until they get there.

I asked about this one on Monday(10/24/11) and no one in the electronics department knew about it, but they also said that they don't usually find out until they get there.

Yes, I can believe that. Last year it was a nightmare because the Itunes cards weren't ringing right in the system. My local store had so many people waiting they started a list and told everyone to come back later in the afternoon for their cards. Seems like a lot of the other posters on this board had the same problem.

Yes, I can believe that. Last year it was a nightmare because the Itunes cards weren't ringing right in the system. My local store had so many people waiting they started a list and told everyone to come back later in the afternoon for their cards. Seems like a lot of the other posters on this board had the same problem.

I sure remember the fiasco at one of my WM over the iTunes cards. Something about the system wouldn't let them be discounted and I don't know how they worked it out,but I got 4 $25 cards for $70 (which I prefer to the $50 ones).

I still have some left ;)

I sure remember the fiasco at one of my WM over the iTunes cards. Something about the system wouldn't let them be discounted and I don't know how they worked it out,but I got 4 $25 cards for $70 (which I prefer to the $50 ones).

I still have some left ;)

Wow, that worked out, I prefer 25 dollar ones too, to give as gifts..not that that'd happen again.

Thanks Princess 7794 for the list :)

We had the same problem with the cards not ringing up right last year. They had to take our names and we had to come back later to get them. They did call you though. I was able to pick up mine and my brothers iTunes cards since he had to go back to work. Let's hope their IT people are on the ball this year.:cool: