What toy are you waiting for?

blakes_mommy

I dont have the Wish book this year so DD hasnt made her list yet....I am hoping to find a better deal on some sort of handheld gaming system for her. Was leaning toward the Vtech but havent seen great reviews on the TV system and no reviews for the portable. Anyone got a good toy review site? Not company BS line but from users/consumers?

The TV system one?

Is it a PITA with the battieres? Most of the complaints I read were about how hard the cartridges are to get in and out and the fact it ran on batteries.

ETA: My daughter is 4. She already runs her computer fairly well. What games would you suggest?

I dont have the Wish book this year so DD hasnt made her list yet....I am hoping to find a better deal on some sort of handheld gaming system for her. Was leaning toward the Vtech but havent seen great reviews on the TV system and no reviews for the portable. Anyone got a good toy review site? Not company BS line but from users/consumers?

I have heard good reviews on it. There is an adapter you can buy for it, I believe, one for the vehicle, or one for your wall. I am actually waiting for the tv system one, not the handheld one. It is on the Walmart list - but I am hoping someone has a package deal or something (with a game) come out.

Andrea

Yep

I am still torn on which brand(had decided on the Vtech till some of the reviews i saw elsewhere) and also if I want the portable or the TV only system. We travel a great deal so I think the portable would make up the difference in $$ in use but hate that I havent seen any reviews on it yet

She just wasn't interested in them. I figured she would love the little mermaid game cause she loved the movie but she just didn't want to play. I am going to try the leappad plus writing this year since she is starting to learn how to read and write in school. I am also thinking about getting her a gamecube. She loves to play on her brother's xbox and they just came out with the dora game for the GC so I am hoping that works.

I know it isn't a game system but I do like the leappad. I am getting one for my niece too. She is almost 2.

I am hoping to find the Nintendo DS for less than $120.00. To everyone wondering about the v-tech- have you considered checking into the original leapster? I bought this for my daughter and she loves it and plays it all the time. It has games for younger children as well as games that will grow with your child. I even like to play it. It was well worth the money in my opinion.

I actually just listed my kids V Smile on ebay they just werent interested in it. Maybe they are just to young. Im planning on getting the new Dora game for either Game Cube or PS2 since we have both and daddy plays it.

My daughter wants the Dora House im hoping to get a better deal on it on BF so far wal-mart is only taking $5 off!!

I actually just listed my kids V Smile on ebay they just werent interested in it. Maybe they are just to young. Im planning on getting the new Dora game for either Game Cube or PS2 since we have both and daddy plays it.

My daughter wants the Dora House im hoping to get a better deal on it on BF so far wal-mart is only taking $5 off!!

Toys R Us has the deluxe for $110, which includes figures and many of the furniture sets. It might be best to see if that goes on sale. I am getting my daughter the entire set. I picked up a few accesories, that aren't apart of the $110 set, at Kohl's when they had Fisher Price 50% off. You might get lucky and find the dollhouse at Kohl's and it would be 50% off. However Kohl's usually has a slightly higher regular price than most places, but usually still worth it. I go the pool, greenhouse, and one other set (I can't remember now) regularly $40 something for $21 including tax.

I will have to look at TRU we don't have a Kohl's here. You got a great deal! I havent even started getting them yet but I think the Deluxe set is the way to go. They are making some money on this Dora House! And of course my daughter wants all of it! Oh the joys of Christmas! LOL

Check ebay and make sure you can't get a better deal there or if you are in a city that has a craigslist. Oh, or if you have a resell store nearby. I have had a tough time finding the My first Leappad in pink for my daughter. I found a new in box at a resell store for $13.99, they had a variety of books, new in package, for $4.50. Talk about a great find!!!

I'm looking for a good deal on a battery powered 4 wheeler or motorcycle for my 4 year old. My older two kids each had one, and I don't feel like they are worth the money but I want my little guy to have one too! So, I am hoping for a good bf deal on one. The one walmart has on bf is smaller than what I want.

The shake n go speedway is supposed to be the #1 toy this year for the 3-6 year old boys. Buy it if you see it now!!I thought this was more hype until I started to look for one! TRU had one set up in the front of the store in early Oct. I thought the kids shaking the cars were breaking them:g_doh: Well after reading all the magazine top toy lists the hunt was on. I went back to TRU,Target, Wally World (after ad w/bonus car) all were sold out. Almost wet my pants when I saw them in the TRU big book online last Saturday. Went and found 3 in the store. I bought 1 AND they had already started the sale. Plus the BOGO sale they were having was still on. 2 sales in 1:banana01: I used the 5 off 25 coupon, and even got the $10 GC. Thanks to all of the great heads up on sales I get here.