Black Friday Comparison Charts - Tell Us What You Think!

stationchief

I think I have Comparison Chart Syndrome. Both my eyes and fingers hurt. :(

First rule: never say anything on a public message board that might incriminate you later. Let's just hope 'The Boss' doesn't like good deals :gdparanoid:. I won't tell if you won't ;).

Actually I was telling him about the TV deals at BB and he told me if I get one for him, he'll buy one for me and my hubby too!!! He's pretty cool and Friday's are dead at the office anyway, especially with today being Veteran's Day.

BTW, let me know if you need my help with any of the other charts. The tablet/ipad has been fairly easy and not taking up much time at all, so if ya need me just yell!!

Ladies and germs: The 2011 GD BF Comparison Charts now have their own website! Go check 'em out at: www.blackfridaycharts.com!

Whew! My team and I have been getting carpal tunnel syndrome over the last few days. Nearly all major ads were released in the last few days :eek: The good news is all charts will be fully completed up to today's ads: Toys R Us and GameStop in time for the BF webcast tonite. After that I'll probably sleep for a few days straight :yawn:

Hey,

First I want to say that everyone behind these charts does an amazing job. I love all the detail and (at least to me) ease of use. Now, I am here with an idea for one of the charts. A "computer accessories" chart was mentioned. I think what would be good is not necessarily every accessory ever, but at the least cover all external hard drives, flash usb drives, memory cards (sd, microsd, sdhc, etc.). I mean I know these devices don't carry too many specs except maybe the type of connectors if it's an external hard drive, or the class number if it's a memory card, but it would be nice to just have all available options out there, then it would give users a nice way to see what is the best bang for their buck.

Now if you like this idea, that's good. I'm busy all day today (Sunday) but come Monday if no one else has tackled this one, I may be able to do it then.

I've been thinking about starting other charts to include a few computer accessories, like external hard drives, monitors, media cards, printers, and flash drives. As you've all probably noticed by now we've been a little busy over in the comparison chart world this week ;). But now that most of the ads are out and mostly everything is updated we can start focusing on maybe gettin' a few other charts cranked out.

So... what sort of charts would y'all like to see? How about the chart website itself? What sort of new and interesting features would ya like? What don'tcha like?

I've been thinking about starting other charts to include a few computer accessories, like external hard drives, monitors, media cards, printers, and flash drives. As you've all probably noticed by now we've been a little busy over in the comparison chart world this week ;). But now that most of the ads are out and mostly everything is updated we can start focusing on maybe gettin' a few other charts cranked out.

So... what sort of charts would y'all like to see? How about the chart website itself? What sort of new and interesting features would ya like? What don'tcha like?

I'd like to see printers.

I was looking at tv's and I don't think the Kmart tv has been added.

Working on the Kmart ad now. Kmart was just released about 5 hours ago. Unfortunately we can only type about 90 WPM :P

(Sorry about that. Sleep deprivation over the last few days causes my sarcasm meter to go all crazy. :D)

Great job and thank you to all involved! This is very helpful.

I was looking at tv's and I don't think the Kmart tv has been added.

I just finished inputting the Kmart tvs, and doing the research on them. Doing the one for the Sears outlet and then HDTVs will be updated to present. Still dont have any for Sears regular store since that part of the ad has not come out

How about a place for members to post comments/reviews about the items in the chart? Might be a good way for other to share their experience about the products.

I just discovered the comparison chart thru the link in today's email. I LOVE IT. Just one question. What the heck is the DB column? I tried to search for the answer but didn't come up with anything. Might be nice to explain that at the top-for those of us who aren't smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for putting the link into the email. So many cool things I can do on this site but I'm just beginning to figure that out

I just discovered the comparison chart thru the link in today's email. I LOVE IT. Just one question. What the heck is the DB column? I tried to search for the answer but didn't come up with anything. Might be nice to explain that at the top-for those of us who aren't smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for putting the link into the email. So many cool things I can do on this site but I'm just beginning to figure that out

DB means Door Buster. Those are the items on sale at that price for a limited period of time on Black Friday etc

Will we have a new forum for each new chart then?

Each chart already has a forum dedicated to the items in it (Official Black Friday HDTV Discussion Thread, Official Black Friday LAPTOP & NETBOOK Discussion Thread, etc)

Just noticed, the 55" samsung LED tv at Best Buy is listed at 240hz in the chart. It is actually a 120hz.

Thanx for the heads-up. Fixed.