Holidays Starting Early

bfaddict1977

Hm... I bet I can beat on this one. Before I moved to where I am now, I was very close to a Pic N Save ( Big Lot )and they always put out their Xmas stuff right around 4th of July.. It is shock to see it first time. You turn your head , you see all the 4th of July stuff and right next asle is the Xmas stuff. what a shocker.... Told my coworkers and friends, they are like , are you nuts? Did you have your glasses on ? Then , they saw it and come back and say, they saw it,too. LOL.

Yeah, out Big Lots always has thier Christmas stuff out way early too. I'm never shocked by that at all but seeing Walmart's out yesterday was somewhat of a shock. I kind of figured it though as I was just telling DH the other day that Wally had thier Halloween stuff in a different section this year and that I bet they were saving thier usual section for early Christmas stuff. You know Walmart wants to have it out before layaway starts because they know peeps are gonna be in the Christmas shopping mood while placing items in layaway.

Our Big Lots also had Christmas stuff out, I found a cute Alvin and the Chipmunks animated toy and a singing dog that wagged it's tail I just had to play with. Both were over priced me for but I'll definitely keep an eye out and hope the puppy goes on sale or is still available after Christmas. The Chipmunk was the only one there and already dirty so little hope I guess unless the other store has more.

I would so love to annoy Bella with that puppy..she has a Halloween pig from Walgreens and whines at it :P

Yeah, out Big Lots always has thier Christmas stuff out way early too. I'm never shocked by that at all but seeing Walmart's out yesterday was somewhat of a shock. I kind of figured it though as I was just telling DH the other day that Wally had thier Halloween stuff in a different section this year and that I bet they were saving thier usual section for early Christmas stuff. You know Walmart wants to have it out before layaway starts because they know peeps are gonna be in the Christmas shopping mood while placing items in layaway.

Do you think there is any other store ( which we normally don't see ) who can beat the Big Lot store ? Stores are just moving up their Xmas schedule because they finally smarten up know there are people like us who got BF on our mind as soon as the last one is over. :yup:

My neighbor already has a decorated and lit Christmas tree in their front window!

Already ?!!! OMG...... I guess they MUST love Xmas.... Wait until I tell my coworker... We were just talking about this yesterday,too.

Sometimes that is done because a member of the family is in the military and is about to deploy and won't be home for Christmas. We have done that before (though not quite this early) because it was our only chance. It sucks to be away for the holidays so you do what you can to try to capture that moment with your family. Sometimes you have to look beyond the surface to see what the meaning is (though they could just be a little crazy and just love Christmas, lol).

Target has a back wall set up with outdoor decorations...facing an aisle with outdoor stuff (seats,turf builder etc) and the halloween stuff a few aisles away. It's kinda interesting to see angels and costumes together.

I bought some decerations at big lots yesterday I'm excited

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

Just a thought, but maybe Big Lots and other stores have displays up in July because of the (rather pointless in my opinion) phenomenon known as CHRISTMAS IN JULY! I never have understood why people celebrate it, but I think some stores figure they can make a profit on it.

I went to my local Walmart a couple nights ago and they had trees and a few other items up, but not a whole lot. As long as the store has room to display it, I'm fine with it. It's a personal choice if you want to look at it or not. I'm not too big on Halloween, but I don't really mind when I see display's up in July. I can just right past it (unless like this year, I'm looking for a cheap Charlie Sheen mask, WINNING!).

Our Walmart has more stuff out now. They have a small display of Christmas Trees and I noticed on the shelf, they have some of the bigger outdoor decorations. They usually set their Christmas stuff up in the garden area but so far, nothing has been put on display. I am thinking that they will move the bigger stuff out to the garden center because it is now set up real close to the door that goes out there.