Secret Santa 2011 Official Discussion Thread

eve

WOW! Lots of People signed up this year! :yup: Can't wait till the pictures of gifts and ornaments received start rolling in... such FUN! :)

Me too. Last year was my first year, and I loved finding the perfect ornament and receiving the perfect ornament. It was almost if the person was a best friend, that is how perfec the ornament was! I was super excited to sign up again this year!

Is it possible to just sign up as an ELF?

I signed up as an Elf. I am to the point that I do not need anything and I have more fun giving and shopping than getting .. so I told Eve to please put me down as an Elf. I did that for the summer exchange as well and was so excited I got used! I had a blast putting together my package. And not everyone has control over their personal situations. So don't think that someone just flaked out and didn't send a gift. It can happen to anyone.

These exchanges are always so much fun. For some reason I just feel really intimidated about the possibility of not being able to find the right gift, to wrap or not to wrap, etc. Is it possible to just sign up as an ELF?

Don't let the sample lists scare you. I am always thrilled with what I get. And it seems that people have a way of reading between the lines on the list and finding something special. Some of us do all the shopping for the family so the SS gift might be the only surprise of the season.

Don't let the sample lists scare you. I am always thrilled with what I get. And it seems that people have a way of reading between the lines on the list and finding something special. Some of us do all the shopping for the family so the SS gift might be the only surprise of the season.

Totally agree.!

Thanks. I signed up to be an ELF :)

Some of the sample list are very intimidating. lol

I agree with you, but most people are so excited with whatever they get. I know I am :yup: I do all of our shopping and usually my own so its nice to get an actual surprise.

I agree...anything that is a surprise is nice ! Last year was the first year I participated and even though getting a package was exciting a very nice I think I enjoyed buying and sending to my person more ! can't wait to get my name and start shopping !

I agree about the lists. I think that helps you figure out the persons interests, tastes and personality. Plus, remember that it will be ok to ask Eve for more info from the person just to get more clarity from them. This for me too has been my only gift that is a surprise, since I buy the majority of the family gifts and my own gifts :). Glad to see the same applies for others. Just want to say that I'm truly grateful to everyone on the Secret Santa Exchange. You see the same folks back yearly and it is like our own special Family. Yeah, we may have some hiccups here and there, but really, isn't that the same for regular families too.