Secret Santa 2011 Official Discussion Thread

eve

OK, I'm going to host the:holiday10 2011 Secret Santa, :holiday03card exchange, and:holiday07 ornament exchange!

If you want in, please E-MAIL ME at [email protected] by Nov. 1st with the following info:

* Which of the exchanges you would like to join (can be one or more):

- Secret Santa

- Ornament Exchange

- Card Exchange (maybe include your favorite cookie recipe inside the cards - you don't have to but i think it would be fun)

* If you want to be an "elf" (an elf is somebody that will send out a gift if somebody else never receives theirs):holiday11

* Your likes / dislikes (this is important)

* Do you mind home-made food (such as cookies)? Yes or No - I ask this simply because some people love sending/getting this type of stuff, while others will not want to offend anyone but will only throw it away - a waste to both sender and receiver

* GottaDeal.com Forum user name

* Your Name & Mailing Address

* Anything else you want told to your exchange partner... optional and not necessary

Spoiler

anything that you might want to tell may be?

What's your favorite color?

Whats your favorite flower?

What's your favorite candy?

What's your favorite music/artist?

What's your favorite movie?

What's your favorite author?

books/dvds/cd- new only? like new ok? new to me in any readable condition ok? (any readable condition defined as having all pages without bad damage)

What's your favorite candle scent?

What's your favorite vacation spot?

What's your favorite thing to collect?

What's your favorite thing to do during your me time?

Do you have kiddos?

Are you married?

allergic to anything?

any other thing?

Please print or write info down that I send about your partner - that way you have it if something happens and you can't get online for awhile

RULES:

1. Ornament Exchange - there's a MINIMUM of 5 before shipping and extras. If you choose to spend more, please don't be disappointed if your partner doesn't. However you must spend at least $5 before shipping. pls send a gift (no gc) unless the person says gc ok

2. Secret Santa - there's a MINIMUM of 10 before shipping and extras. If you choose to spend more, please don't be disappointed if your partner doesn't. However you must spend $10 before shipping.

3. Delivery confirmation is a MUST. Please E-MAIL ME at [email protected] with the DC tracking # ASAP after you send your package.

4. Please, no junk. Everything must be new and unused.

6. The very last day to ship is Saturday, December 3rd (if you cannot ship by this date you must ship priority ASAP as i have given plenty of time.) shipping early is welcome!

7. You CAN join one, two, or three of the exchanges - just let me know in your e-mail.

8. This is not a GottaDeal.com sanctioned event, so participate at your own risk. The site and it's owner are not responsible if you get ripped off.

9. Card Exchange - mail any time you want, but please take into account the holiday mail delivery times.

FYI- you send a card to everyone on the list so if 50 people join you send cards to ALL of them, that example of 50 people would cost $21 in stamps

10. must ship in a box with padding, no envelops

I don't want newbies to be upset, but it sucks not receiving your gift as well - sorry but it's true. So you must have been a forum member at least since May 2011 with some previous posting history, and ideally if you haven't posted much on here, you would have some kind of positive feedback somewhere, such as eBay. This is a general rule, not set in stone. I make the decisions one by one, and if you failed a past exchange on the forum, don't bother as I will kick you out. If for whatever reason I don't let you join, please remember my decision sticks so don't bother crying after.

(btw post office often says you need to include return name on packages often, you can write sloppy or use a trusted family/friend add)

Have fun everyone!!!!!!!!!

So far we've got:Secret Santa:holiday02

Bopeep

bella_4624_19

bfaddict1977

bugsette and

guilliam

Hack2222

HarleyDiva

Harrispizza4

hockeyfanamo

Hillbillyswife

Illinoismom

jstluvem

Jendeere

jdrd90

jenvargas

krissy72

Lori76

Lvnlakers78

Madi5

merrywether

momlori

mgmckny

momof3luvs1

mcapel4444

nikkilugi

packergurl24 and

pretweety7

pogiporkchop

Pottsie66 and

Peekaboo

princez916

Racerfan

RBWilliams

rsthayer

raven20_79

RYKA

SuggaD

Shopping4my3son

SpeedDiva

shaneberry21

Spice9195

sunni0913

tinkrbel

tokanm

Ornament Exchange:holiday07

BFAddict716 and

Bopeep

guilliam

hockeyfanamo

Hillbillyswife

HarleyDiva

Harrispizza4

Illinoismom

jdrd90

Jendeere

jstluvem

jenvargas

krissy72

lot-narth

Lvnlakers78

Madi5

mcapel4444 2nd

merrywether

mgmckny

Mandy4Matt

nikkilugi

princez916

pogiporkchop

packergurl24 and

Racerfan

rsthayer

RBWilliams

Swampbaby

Shopping4my3son

SuggaD

shaneberry21 and

sunni0913

tokanm

Card Exchange:holiday08

Samisma

RBWilliams

jstluvem

SuggaD

hockeyfanamo

packergurl24

tokanm

Hillbillyswife

Jendeere

jdrd90

bella_4624_19

Illinoismom

bfaddict1977

RYKA

AndreaInNC

Swampbaby

Shopping4my3son

mcapel4444

bluesky225

vic13

sunni0913

carheel

krissy72

shaneberry21

lot-narth

princez916

Harrispizza4

:)

Edited by eve

Count me in too:yup: I m really looking forward to this. Does anyone have any suggestions ideas on past exchanges? I want to participate in all three! I wonder if we could list favorite sports team (if they like sports)

I havent participated in the christmas one before but I did the summer one this year. I answered the specific questions but it also said to add anything se you wanted to share and there was also something that says "likes and dislikes" so I listed all my favorite sports teams under "likes/dislikes" along with other things so my person could get to know me a lil better.

Count me in too:yup: I m really looking forward to this. Does anyone have any suggestions ideas on past exchanges? I want to participate in all three! I wonder if we could list favorite sports team (if they like sports)

I haven't got suggestions as such but I think the sports thing is a good idea if you're into that stuff. I didn't add too much info since I couldn't think of much

I havent participated in the christmas one before but I did the summer one this year. I answered the specific questions but it also said to add anything se you wanted to share and there was also something that says "likes and dislikes" so I listed all my favorite sports teams under "likes/dislikes" along with other things so my person could get to know me a lil better.

Yeah nobody could ever guess what team youre into, lol. Lets see screen name, avatar;)

It's not the only one, it's just the number one :)

LOL...keep in mind I live 2 miles from Gillette Stadium....its ok i am NOT a Pats fan....I love the soccer team there though:fluffy: The New England Revolution...owned by the same people as the Patriots though

maybe you could give us pointers on what to include? I'd hate to have my SS feel like I didn't give them much to go on.

The more specific/detailed you are the easier it will be on your SS. I've listed a few here:

If you like reading give your favorite authors, series, specific books you'd like to get.

Like cooking (or eating)? Types of food you like to eat/cook (be sure to include any allergies or other restrictions).

Music genres and artists (do you play an instrument?)

Sports teams

Hobbies

Movies (actors/actresses, specific titles/series)

Items you might collect

Once I finish my list I'll post it here... it would make for a better example :)

Also check out previous years' exchange threads... some have long, detailed lists and others (like me) have shorter or more focused lists. Just put whatever you're comfortable with putting on there and if your SS needs extra info you'll get a mail (not from your SS) with what your SS would like to know.