Walmart brings back layaway but NOT on Black Friday

speeddiva

If the item is on sale thursday then yes, but most of the BF items won't be available at the special price until Friday.

Sorry I was meaning Friday. Wasnt looking when I typed it out. If you get the item out of layaway on Wednesday would they do a price match on Friday?

• 2 weeks later...
My walmart doesn't think it will go over well because of the price restrictions and the fact that if you cancel it early there is a 10.00 penalty , plut the 5.00 fee you pay . SHe says you don't get those fees back. It won't pay people to try and price match, the upc codes are different at walmart on most items, but they won't be open on BF anyway so if you get it cheaper BF and try to cancel or return those items, you are losing the fees.

ok so I spoke to the Manager of layaway today to get the ultra specifics...now the toys that have been marked to $15 will probably not be included in any BF sale (she said she wasn't allowed to officially tell me definetly no but that's the answer) AND any toy/eligible electronic/movie that will be part of any BF sale will not be available to be put on layaway. So you will get an early hint as to what is going to be put on sale. If the item goes on sale during your layaway you need to pick up up during that week or you are SOL and she said that at pick-up price matching will still be available. She said all layaway closes for Black Friday. It wasn't busy so I plied her with questions

ok so I spoke to the Manager of layaway today to get the ultra specifics...now the toys that have been marked to $15 will probably not be included in any BF sale (she said she wasn't allowed to officially tell me definetly no but that's the answer) AND any toy/eligible electronic/movie that will be part of any BF sale will not be available to be put on layaway. So you will get an early hint as to what is going to be put on sale. If the item goes on sale during your layaway you need to pick up up during that week or you are SOL and she said that at pick-up price matching will still be available. She said all layaway closes for Black Friday. It wasn't busy so I plied her with questions

That just doesn't make any sense to me. So Walmart is essentially saying if you don't have cash on hand for Black Friday you're SOL?? I don't understand the logic behind that at all; glad that I don't have to use layaway but I feel bad for the people that are hoping it will help them out.

That just doesn't make any sense to me. So Walmart is essentially saying if you don't have cash on hand for Black Friday you're SOL?? I don't understand the logic behind that at all; glad that I don't have to use layaway but I feel bad for the people that are hoping it will help them out.

It doesn't matter if you had the cash or not layaway is closed that day....

It doesn't matter if you had the cash or not layaway is closed that day....

That was not my point at all. I'm not speaking of people putting things on layaway & then getting them out on BF. I'm speaking on the conversation w/ the store manager that stated BF items will not be eligible for layaway. According to this manager, if it's on sale for BF it cannot be put on layaway thereby excluding people that would not be able to shop on BF bc they don't necessarily have the cash on hand for the total amount.

Ihe worst part is that none of the little specifics I listed are on the sign anywhere. I had to ASK questions for the answers. I was curious since it had a lot of steps (item had to be at least $15, from specific dept, etc) to start with.

Imagine the amount of shoppers that dont do their due diligence!

I have a feeling that on Oct 17, walmart is going to be quite busy with alot of people putting stuff on layway. I dont' blame them though. I need to use layaway, but I'll probably wait until that weekend to do my shopping (alot of other people are probably thinking the same thing, so they may be busy that day as well). I just hope they have the DS Lites b/c that is what my DS (4) wants. He's to young for me to worry about paying the extra $ for a DSi so I'm hoping I can find a DS Lite. I have read that they are discontinuing them. I'll have to go to gamestop and buy him a bunch of used games. He won't care though. He's just going to be happy to have a DS. :)

I did finally read some where on here that movies will be included?? I am hoping they are, b/c I would like to buy some complete series and one is the whole Star Wars set, which is $80 dollars right now~ would that be something that we can put on layaway or no? And don't know if i should just wait until BF to see if someone has a better deal or not??