Walmart brings back layaway but NOT on Black Friday

speeddiva

The convenience of Christmas Layaway is now available on eligible toys and electronics that you purchase at your nearby Walmart store. It's easy to take advantage of Christmas Layaway from Oct. 17 until you make your final payment and pick up your items by December 16, 2011. Just place your eligible items on layaway at the Walmart.com desk in your local store, where you will also pick up the items. Each item must be $15 or more and your total purchase must be over $50. There is a $5 service charge, and you can make payments on your Christmas Layaway items at any register in your Walmart store. Christmas Layaway is not offered on Friday, November 25, 2011 and is not offered on wireless phones that require contracts. Cancellation and service fees may vary by state and are non-refundable. Our store associates can provide you with complete details on these fees and any other restrictions that may apply. So get ready for the holidays with the convenience of Christmas Layaway at Walmart stores.

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY. I did this with kmart for the past two years. It's an easy way to get all the hot holiday items you want before they are sold out AND don't have to worry about hiding toys in the house. If anyone has noticed but kmart is WAY overpriced sometimes. But I needed the layaway plan so I didn't have a choice. Maybe toysrus will follow suit and do layaway for their entire inventory oppose to just outdoor playsets. :P

Sent from my iPad using GottaDeal

I saw that earlier in my email. I was so excited! I am sad that it is not good on BF though. I will probably definitely take advantage, especially if you can put some of the secret Saturday sales they have (if they have them this year). I think some of those deals were as good if not better than last year.

So excited about this!. Im thinking if it goes well this year, it will become a yearly thing. I will def be taking advantage of this. I dont care about the $5 fee, Im used to paying that at KMart and Burlington. But like a pp mentioned, Kmart is too expensive, so I would chose Walmart first anyday. Im not too upset abbout the "no BF" exception either, because my local WalMart's BF layaway line used to be ridiculous, so I never did it. The one good thing that Walmart has over other layaways tho, is that you dont have to make bi-weekly payments. In the video on their website, it says you can pay how much you want, whenver you want as long as its picked up by Dec. 16. No canceling if you miss a payment. I do wish they would offer the option of payig online like Kmart, tho. That is extremely convenient.

I've never put anything on layaway. How does it work price-wise? Do you pay the price of how much it was when placed in layaway, or the lowest price over layaway period or is it based on price at time of final payment? And does the store hold your items on site until you finish paying off so you can collect anytime, or do they have to request it and you wait days to get the stuff?

I've never put anything on layaway. How does it work price-wise? Do you pay the price of how much it was when placed in layaway, or the lowest price over layaway period or is it based on price at time of final payment? And does the store hold your items on site until you finish paying off so you can collect anytime, or do they have to request it and you wait days to get the stuff?

in years past Walmart has always price match things in layaway. I never did a layaway on Black friday but now that my kids are older not sure I need it

They actually hold your items until you get it off as long as it is before the deadline. I think they will do a price adjustment but not sure.

Hmmm, I know Walmart is famous for putting different items out for black friday with different upc's/packaging,etc, but I wonder...if something was put on layaway before black friday and the exact item appeared on sale in the ad, would you be able to price adjust the item that's already on layaway for the BF price? I know it's doubtful, but it's something to think about. I know, in the past, the movies and games just had promo stickers on them, but the UPC#'s were the same as what was in the regular movie/game section...