*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

Just read on another board that they were in stock around noon time at SamsClub.com. Also read someone just got one at Aaron's. I just called my two local Aaron's and one store said they are getting 40 of them in on Friday. Called the other store and she just said they don't have any.

Sue

Edited by Brad

The HP website has an update on the Touchpad:

More TouchPads on the Way by Mark_Budgell a week ago - last edited 3 hours ago

I finally have some solid news to share about TouchPad availability.

Before I share, let me first say thank you for enthusiasm for this product. Since we announced the price drop, the number of inquiries about the product and the speed at which it disappeared from inventory has been stunning. I think it’s safe to say we were pleasantly surprised by the response.

Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We don’t know exactly when these units will be available or how many we’ll get, and we can’t promise we’ll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase. See more information in the updated FAQs below.

Bryna (@BrynaatHP) and I (@MarkatHP) will update you here and on Twitter on the status of the new batch of systems. Please continue to share your thoughts and questions with us. Although we can’t respond to every one directly, we are sharing your feedback with teams inside HP.

Could someone explain where this APP is and how to get more GB?

Sue

Don't forget new touchpad owners, sign up for the Box app and you'll get 50gigs of external storage that you can access whenever you have an internet connection!

Got that loaded on both of my new tablets and they now sport 66, and 82 gigs while connected!

-Mike

Why does everyone want a discontinued product?

well in my case, for the price, I only want them for my family as an addition to our lap tops. They are perfect for taking with us when we travel as opposed to taking the laptops. They are smaller, lighter and cheaper in the event they get stolen, lost or broken! We only need them then for checking emails, Face Book, discussion forums (like here), internet searching. Discontinued products will work fine for out needs.

I was able to get one from QVC Friday (32GB bundle with TouchStone and case $199). It originally went live for a few minutes and sold out. I kept refreshing and about an hour later more were available and that is when I scored one (finally!). Other people did the same and were able to get them off and on from QVC Friday night. Rumor is that QVC is getting more possibly this Wed. So if anyone is still looking and doesn't mind paying for the bundle, you may want to check them. And don't give up if you miss it, just refresh every so often and you may luck out. Good luck to those still hunting!

Arnova 8 by Archos 501700 Android Internet Tablet - 4GB, Android 2.1, 8" Resistive Touch Screen Display

Customer Reviews: (11 reviews)

Item Number: A685-0202

Model: 501700

Shipping: In Stock

Price: $99.99

Not sure about the Android but got this email from Circuit City today for $99. Anybody have one of these?

Sue

Arnova 8 by Archos 501700 Android Internet Tablet - 4GB, Android 2.1, 8" Resistive Touch Screen Display

Customer Reviews: (11 reviews)

Item Number: A685-0202

Model: 501700

Shipping: In Stock

Price: $99.99

Not sure about the Android but got this email from Circuit City today for $99. Anybody have one of these?

Sue

I don't have one, but reviews are awful.

In-stock as of this posting

HP TouchPad FB356UT WebOS Tablet and Belkin F8N200-BLK Tablet Sleeve and HP FB341AA#ABA North America Power Adapter Bundle

$199.99

HP TouchPad FB356UT Tablet - WebOS 3.0, Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-Core APQ8060 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 32GB Internal Storage, 9.7" XGA Capacitive Touch, 802.11 a/b/g/n

Belkin F8N200-BLK Tablet Sleeve - Fits Tablets up to 10", Neoprene, Faux Leather Trim

HP FB341AA#ABA North America Power Adapter - 10W, Folding Prongs, 5ft USB Micro Cable Included

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skuimages/large/H24-100053FB-main01-tmc.jpg

In-stock as of this posting

HP TouchPad FB356UT WebOS Tablet and Belkin F8N200-BLK Tablet Sleeve and HP FB341AA#ABA North America Power Adapter Bundle

$199.99

HP TouchPad FB356UT Tablet - WebOS 3.0, Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-Core APQ8060 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 32GB Internal Storage, 9.7" XGA Capacitive Touch, 802.11 a/b/g/n

Belkin F8N200-BLK Tablet Sleeve - Fits Tablets up to 10", Neoprene, Faux Leather Trim

HP FB341AA#ABA North America Power Adapter - 10W, Folding Prongs, 5ft USB Micro Cable Included

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skuimages/large/H24-100053FB-main01-tmc.jpg

must of just been for a minute..its all sold out =(