*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

1 Bestbuy in my area is showing that they have some. I called them and was told that they will not be selling them till in the morning. They only have 20 each, so I'm not holding my breath on getting one, but there is hope.....

If you go, go early. There were some at my bb (columbia, sc) this morning. I checked the inventory tracker, got there to see a line of people. Customer service rep said they gave out tickets starting at 8 am and you had to have a ticket to buy one. So I was too late.....I have officially given up.

If you go, go early. There were some at my bb (columbia, sc) this morning. I checked the inventory tracker, got there to see a line of people. Customer service rep said they gave out tickets starting at 8 am and you had to have a ticket to buy one. So I was too late.....I have officially given up.

I definately will. Probably around 5. I just want it for myself, as DS13 wants the Ipad 2, so I won't be too upset if I don't land it, though. I live in a small area, so I've got a fair chance at it. Don't give up. Ya never know.

I have seen other sites are talking about BB will have 5 each per store on Sunday for their ad. Not sure how accurate this info is.

I found an article today that says HP is saying they will have more for sale later this week. Their status said last night Coming soon, and changed to Out of Stock. Maybe they are getting ready to sale more.

I found an article today that says HP is saying they will have more for sale later this week. Their status said last night Coming soon, and changed to Out of Stock. Maybe they are getting ready to sale more.

Wait, wasn't this a 'Fire Sale', meaning they sell what they have in stock and not make any more? Unless some stores returned their stock or were ordered not to sell 'em while HP plans on releasing the sale of 'em bit by bit through the rest of the year. If this is true, it makes me believe even more there may be some really major doorbuster mania in store for BF this year. Imagine what would happen if Best Buy announced these things as a doorbuster with only a dozen per store :shock:.

Wait, wasn't this a 'Fire Sale', meaning they sell what they have in stock and not make any more? Unless some stores returned their stock or were ordered not to sell 'em while HP plans on releasing the sale of 'em bit by bit through the rest of the year. If this is true, it makes me believe even more there may be some really major doorbuster mania in store for BF this year. Imagine what would happen if Best Buy announced these things as a doorbuster with only a dozen per store :shock:.

Yea, that's what I thought too. I've found several articles over the last 2 days that say HP plans on selling more, though (never know if that is true or not). Their has to be more of them out there though, because my local BB was sold out 2 days ago, and now they will be having them tomorrow. I don't know if other stores returned stock or what, but I did notice that Circuit City online did not mark theirs down, however they no longer have them on their website.

I added myself to the HP Touchpad notification list at their site. Dunno if this has been posted before, but here's the linkie: Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. Not too sure how accurate and timely their response to everyone is gonna be, If anyone ever gets one, but I bet you'll have to be pretty quick on the trigger to snag one. Maybe one of us will get lucky.

Just checked Best Buy's in-stock status and now it says another store in Scottsdale has it. And I have no transportation to get there. Grr!

Oh, no. That stinks to not have a way there. Did you call them to see if they actually have em? If so, are they waiting till tomorrow to sell em?

Oh, no. That stinks to not have a way there. Did you call them to see if they actually have em? If so, are they waiting till tomorrow to sell em?

A store in Ahwatukee just listed theirs as in-store so I called them. They said they're giving out numbers tomorrow morning when they open at 10am. No word on how many are gonna be available. Called another store in Scottsdale and they're doin' the same thing. Pity I gotta be at work at 5:30am :(.

Heads up, everyone. Looks like your local Best Buy might get their stock in first thing tomorrow morning. I'd bet a 32GB Touchpad that those lines are gonna resemble somethin' similar to BF when they start giving out those tickets. Oh, and if you're reading this, you're probably #100 or so when ya get there.

A store in Ahwatukee just listed theirs as in-store so I called them. They said they're giving out numbers tomorrow morning when they open at 10am. No word on how many are gonna be available. Called another store in Scottsdale and they're doin' the same thing. Pity I gotta be at work at 5:30am :(.

Heads up, everyone. Looks like your local Best Buy might get their stock in first thing tomorrow morning. I'd bet a 32GB Touchpad that those lines are gonna resemble somethin' similar to BF when they start giving out those tickets. Oh, and if you're reading this, you're probably #100 or so when ya get there.

We live in a small area, and most people have to work so I have a pretty fair chance. I convinced my Mom to go with me, so if we manage to get 2 you are welcome to the second one if you want it.

Edited by Kim3498

How about we do the buddy system here. Anyone who's headed to Best Buy by tomorrow morning to try to snag one and can pick up another for a fellow GD'er, announce yourself here. And if ya do just happen to pick up more than one, mention it here tomorrow. Maybe there's a fellow GD'er in your neck of the woods who would like one as well.

Kim3498 - if you can, I'd appreciate the 16 GB one and I can compensate you accordingly. I'll PM ya for details.

How about we do the buddy system here. Anyone who's headed to Best Buy by tomorrow morning to try to snag one and can pick up another for a fellow GD'er, announce yourself here. And if ya do just happen to pick up more than one, mention it here tomorrow. Maybe there's a fellow GD'er in your neck of the woods who would like one as well.

Kim3498 - if you can, I'd appreciate the 16 GB one and I can compensate you accordingly. I'll PM ya for details.

Sounds good. If I manage to get 2 I will PM you tomorrow morning.

I went to bb today, they had none. But, there were quite a few people waiting around, Im sure they were resellers. I know this is a free country and people have a right to resell but its sad that they need to buy EVERYTHINg so we are left with nothing!

Don't get me started :mad:. I can't stand those people who buy out the hottest thing and resell them on auction sites. Their pictures show them with 10,20 or more sometime. They must drive around and clear out the stores and max out their credit cards. They say they are doing it for the people who can't get them. My @#%! It's to turn a profit, nothing wrong in moderation but you can't get one yourself from the store because they bought them all up. Grrrrr......

:P

I put the blame on the BUYERS more than the SELLERS, its a $99/$149 item, REFUSE to pay more for it! Make them mugs stuck with a $1500 bill! But that is never going to happen. I stand strong in I will absolutely pay no more then what they are marked (aside from shipping) Just like I did for a WII, Just like we did for the Ipad2, just like we did for those dumb rats, oh I mean hamsters, last christmas LOL

I put the blame on the BUYERS more than the SELLERS, its a $99/$149 item, REFUSE to pay more for it! Make them mugs stuck with a $1500 bill! But that is never going to happen. I stand strong in I will absolutely pay no more then what they are marked (aside from shipping) Just like I did for a WII, Just like we did for the Ipad2, just like we did for those dumb rats, oh I mean hamsters, last christmas LOL

I agree! Don't buy from them. After getting stuck with the items and out of lots of money,bet they will think twice about buying up on anything again.