Air Purifiers?

Hi I have a question for those who know more than I!

Help, I'm looking at some Air Purifiers along the lines of the Oreck XL something and the Sharper Image mid range $350 dollar or so price range.

1st. Do I really need to spend that much?

2nd. Do the "technologies" really work, who verifies they do?

3rd. Does anyone have any recommendations?

(I'm looking for this because my wife is fairly sensitive to allergens, and since we found out last month she was expecting, It has been difficult for her to sleep when any of her alergens hit the air)

(She's not real sensitive to Cedar, but I'm not looking foward to Dec when it hits here strong, I'd rather find the best most cost effective solution to avert sleepless nights :moon: :) for now until April 06 anyway)

Thanks for any suggestions and advice. . .

C

I've tried several different kinds, but have NEVER been able to tell a difference.

Dust collects on the furniture just as much as it always had (if it's not filtering dust I can SEE, how can it be filtering anything else?)

Plus the sharper image style 'purifiers' create O3 (ozone) which is poisonous and yes, some are more sensitive to O3 than others and it can make you ill.

If it doesn't make you ill, you will still be able to smell it. It's not overpowering, but it does create a slight odor. Some actually find the odor to be 'fresh and clean'.

I can't recommend anything other than just cleaning house best you can.

I've tried several different kinds, but have NEVER been able

I can't recommend anything other than just cleaning house best you can.

Okay, what types have you tried? Did your Sharper image have the Ozone shield they have on them now. . .(I looked at a Sharper Image on Saturday)

- I'll definitely try to keep it cleaner, but we are fighting a losing battle, with future baby and a small dog in the house. . . ;)

Thanks,

C