Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Back to School Deals (Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walgreens)

89 replies to this topic

#31 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 25, 2011 - 2:15 pm

I'm new to this too but it looks like rewards are purchased at the end of month and rewards card are available for print approximately the 20th of the following month being valid for 90 days or 1 year in florida(not sure why we're special). It needs to be used in store and CANNOT be used on store gift cards. I did the paper an earlier week and may get bags if I'm feeling up to it this week BUT I'm working on the benefit of having a year to use it and hoping they have something on sale for BF :P Which I'll only be able to confirm after 8/20 when first one is available, they seem to refer to card on keychain as maxperks id in their FAQ so I think its safe to say the above is true but it's an ASSumption.

Thank you!

#32 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 25, 2011 - 9:25 pm

Also the PLASTIC prong folders cheap please....walmart had them last year but this year I am just finding the cheapy cardboard ones that are shreaded in a few weeks!

looks like both prong and no prong poly folders are .25 at office depot... poly=plastic? limit 10

#33 nicole20  OFFLINE  

nicole20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Jul 27, 2011 - 4:32 am

I dont know why i do it but every year when prices are this cheap i buy tons of school supplies to stock up for next year too! Im getting a tub full of supplies and still i keep buying lol. Guess it will get used eventually!
It's the most wonderful time of the year!!! :holiday02

#34 Rose0426  OFFLINE  

Rose0426

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 27, 2011 - 4:57 am

Starting July 31, Walgreens will have the Crayola Washable Markers for $2.00 with a $2.00 RR, so FREE after rewards.

#35 maryfyeager  OFFLINE  

maryfyeager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 27, 2011 - 8:47 am

Starting July 31, Walgreens will have the Crayola Washable Markers for $2.00 with a $2.00 RR, so FREE after rewards.

Thank you so much, with a toddler, all I buy is the washables. :-)

#36 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 28, 2011 - 4:54 am

Can anyone explain how this works? Do you buy now, and then submit info and wait for a reward check? Does the reward check have to be spent at the store?

I'm new to this too but it looks like rewards are purchased at the end of month and rewards card are available for print approximately the 20th of the following month being valid for 90 days or 1 year in florida(not sure why we're special). It needs to be used in store and CANNOT be used on store gift cards. I did the paper an earlier week and may get bags if I'm feeling up to it this week BUT I'm working on the benefit of having a year to use it and hoping they have something on sale for BF :P Which I'll only be able to confirm after 8/20 when first one is available, they seem to refer to card on keychain as maxperks id in their FAQ so I think its safe to say the above is true but it's an ASSumption.

I get Office Max rewards quarterly, every couple months not every month; but I get the teacher rewards (I signed up a couple years ago when I was working at the school) so that may be different but I get rewards like 3 or 4 times a year I think.

#37 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 28, 2011 - 1:07 pm

I stopped by Office Max ,on the way to Target, and found some unadvertised deals: 25 pack of Office Max cap erasers for $0.01 and pencil sharpeners for $0.01 limit 2 without having to buy anything else. The sharpeners aren't on website but are the same ones that were .05 previously, simple rectangle sharpener w/o cover. I also stopped by to look at backpacks and bought 1 rolling backpack since the other bags I semi-liked were regularlv priced 54.99 and just not worth it (for store credit) in my opinion. The cashier was nice enough to let me get another 2 of each with the bag after original purchase since I hadn't spotted the rolling bag before.

Posted Image

#38 supermom4  OFFLINE  

supermom4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Jul 30, 2011 - 3:23 pm

Office Max today.
Used Coupons off their website to get:
6 pkgs. - filler paper for $0.20/ea.
5 pkgs. - ball point pens for $0.20/ea.
5 - Schoolio 70 page spiral notebooks
Also got the unadvertised 1 cent items: 2 pkgs. of the Cap erasers, and pencil sharpeners.

OfficeMax Coupons for next week, 7/31-8/6/11 (MUST PRINT & Bring in to get discount!)
Save $5 on In-store purchase of $25 or more
20 cent OfficeMax Filler paper (limit 5)
20 cent Just Basics Ball Point pens, 10pk. (limit 3)
10 cent Schoolio Ruled or Blank Inex Cards 100-pack (limit 5)
30 cent Kids Foaming Hand Sanitizer, 250ml (limit 5)
$2 Kleenex 200-count White tissues, 2 pack (limit 3)
$20 off SERTA Massage Chair
$55 Igloo 1.7 cu. stainless steel fridge (limit 2)
$35 RCA 0.7 cu. ft. stainless steel Microwave (limit 2)

#39 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jul 30, 2011 - 3:35 pm

Staples, Week of 7/31-8/6: 1 cent each with $5 purchase - 2 pocket folders. Limit 10. FREE after Rebate: Zebra Z Grip Retractable Pens 10 cents - Staples pink cap erasers, Limit 2 25 cents - 2 pack black Sharpie markets, Limit 2 50 Cents - BIC Wite-Out Correction Fluid 2 pack, Limit 2 - Slider Pencil Case - Staples Assorted Jumbo Paper Clips - After Easy Rebate - HP Everyday 4x6 back photo paper 100 pack. Lots of $1, $2, and $3 deals. If you need a new coupon organizer (small size) only $2.

GO BRUINS!

#40 goldie  OFFLINE  

goldie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 30, 2011 - 3:55 pm

Argh... I was hoping Staples have the penny filler paper next week. Our Office Max closed...

#41 love a deal  OFFLINE  

love a deal

• 1,133 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 31, 2011 - 2:11 pm

Walgreens has Crayola Washable Markers on sale for $2 this week and you get a $2 RR. :)

#42 supermom4  OFFLINE  

supermom4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 2, 2011 - 9:20 pm

Staples, Week of 7/31-8/6:

1 cent each with $5 purchase - 2 pocket folders. Limit 10.
FREE after Rebate: Zebra Z Grip Retractable Pens
10 cents - Staples pink cap erasers, Limit 2
25 cents - 2 pack black Sharpie markets, Limit 2

50 Cents
- BIC Wite-Out Correction Fluid 2 pack, Limit 2
- Slider Pencil Case
- Staples Assorted Jumbo Paper Clips
- After Easy Rebate - HP Everyday 4x6 back photo paper 100 pack.

Lots of $1, $2, and $3 deals.
If you need a new coupon organizer (small size) only $2.

Do Staples in different areas offer different 1 cent specials? My weekly ad for 7/31-8/6 says:

1 cent items (with $5.00 purchase)
2pk Sharpie Highlighters
8pk Yellow #2 pencils
100pk lined Index Cards

I really wanted the folders...got some for 5 cents each (limit 10) at Office Depot yesterday, but still hoping some go for 1 cent somewhere.

#43 alexusrydr  OFFLINE  

alexusrydr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 3, 2011 - 4:11 am

Do Staples in different areas offer different 1 cent specials? My weekly ad for 7/31-8/6 says:

1 cent items (with $5.00 purchase)
2pk Sharpie Highlighters
8pk Yellow #2 pencils
100pk lined Index Cards

I really wanted the folders...got some for 5 cents each (limit 10) at Office Depot yesterday, but still hoping some go for 1 cent somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that was the ad last week here in Florida because I went and bought that stuff (except they were sold out of the index cards).
Also got a backpack last week where you get 50% back in staples rewards.

#44 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 5, 2011 - 7:20 am

Whoa I am SO going to Staples next week!
http://weeklyad.stap...D:WEKLY_:NULL::
(You may need to click on Upcoming Weekly Ad to view next week's ad)

Staples week of 8/7-8/13:
FREE after rebate:
Zebra Cadoozles 0.7mm mechanical pencils, 10pk, $5 with $5 easy rebate

10 cents with $5 minimum purchase, Sunday through Wednesday ONLY
Staples Composition books Limit 3

25 cents
- clear plastic ruler
- Staples standard size striped paper clips, 100/pk
- Really useful 0.14 liter box

50 cents
- Westcott 7" preferred scissors
- Avery 5 tab insertable dividers
- Staples 8"x10.5" WIDE RULED 1 subject notebook (with durable cover)
- Hammermill copy paper $6.79-$1.80 savings-$4.49 Easy Rebate

Once again, several $1, $2, $4 and $5 deals
I like for $2 the Staples 1 subject notebook, 100 sheets, college or wide ruled, with pocket folder inside. (I use it for work)
$4 - 4 pack of Sharpie pens - awesome!
Avery Binders - Buy 3, get one free (eh)
Staples Binders - Buy 2, get one free (little less eh)

GO BRUINS!

#45 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 5, 2011 - 7:29 am

Office Depot, Week of 8/7-8/13
http://officedepot.s...officedepot.com

1 cent
School Glue (ITEM # 812-300) Limit 5

50 Cents
- Wilson Jones™ 1" Flexible Poly Binders Limit 3
- ALL Foray® Single Rollerball & Porous Point Pens
- Paper Mate® Pink Pearl® Erasers 3-PK
- Office Depot® Brand Staple Remover

$1 deals
- Office Depot® Brand Multipurpose Paper (AFTER $5.49 Mail in savings Visa pre-paid card) Limit 2
- Sharpie® Fine-Point Permanent Markers 5-PK Limit 3
(Side note on the Sharpie, it is a better deal at Staples through 8/6, since you get a 2 pack for a quarter! Limit 2!)

They also have other $1, $3 and $5 deals.

GO BRUINS!

#46 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 5, 2011 - 7:40 am

Office Max, Week of 8/7-8/13
http://officemax.sho...ekly ad bannner

1 cent:
- Office Max filler paper, 100 sheets, in store only, Limit 3

10 cents:
Paper Mate Write-Bros Black or Blue Ballpoint Pens, 10 pack, limit 3

25 cents:
SCHOOLIO Poly 2 or 4 Poly Pocket Folders LIMIT 6

50 cents:
OfficeMax 4oz glue and glue stick combo packs LIMIT 3

75 cents:
Paper Mate Write Bros 0.7mm or 0.9mm mechanical pencils 10 pack LIMIT 3

OfficeMax Coupons:
50 Cents
- Papermate white or black pearl Premium eraser multipack LIMIT 3
- Composition books, 100 sheets, LIMIT 3

$1:
- Officemax 1 subject 100 sheet notebooks Limit 3
- Sharpie Accent Liquid Pen Style Highlighters 5 pack, limit 2
- Avery Big Tab 5 subject Insertable dividers Limit 4

GO BRUINS!

#47 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 5, 2011 - 8:22 am

thanks freesia. Also, for anyone with a Publix that takes Target coupons they have the papermate 10pk pens 2/$1 so you can get 2 packs for each coupon or use them as money makers and use the overage for something else you actually need/want. I bought 8packs last week used 8 coupons and used the overage towards the BOGO shout(along w/coupons for that). Note:Target coupons all have the same barcodes so you can make copies.

Answered my own question. oFFICEMaxSheet protectors are on sale at officemax.com not sure if instore 2/$8 100pk usually 7.99 each and they also have online only free after perks:
LINK
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you get the freebies you get free shipping, only red left of the papermate.

Edited by tinkrbel, Aug 5, 2011 - 9:01 am.

#48 supermom4  OFFLINE  

supermom4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 6, 2011 - 8:14 am

I think we are a week behind on the back to school sales out here on the east coast, or at least in my area (Southeast PA). Staples has the pocket folders 1cent here this week, so I'm happy I didn't miss it!! Most schools around here don't start til Aug. 29 - when does school start in CA?

#49 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 6, 2011 - 9:13 am

It varies, but it seems like a lot of schools are starting around the 22nd. Oh, and the college students on semester schedules start the 15th through the 22nd also.

GO BRUINS!

#50 supermom4  OFFLINE  

supermom4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 6, 2011 - 11:56 am

Walgreens has Crayola Washable Markers on sale for $2 this week and you get a $2 RR. :)

I bought 4 sets of markers (2 Thin, and 2 broad styles) for my twins school lists, but only got one reward coupon - should I have gotten one for each, or should I have purchased each one individually to get one for each? I didn't notice til I got home.

#51 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 6, 2011 - 2:25 pm

for walgreens rewards you need to buy 1 of each kind separately. so say you were getting markers and something else with RR you can buy one set of each together but only 1 marker per order. I managed to get 2 thin and 3 fat for nephew, godson and his sister to share between them. If the sale was this weeks you can try to return/repurchase today if the store's nearby.

#52 supermom4  OFFLINE  

supermom4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 6, 2011 - 10:00 pm

Thanks, I figured. I went back this evening, returned 2 of the sets (the thin ones because I had gotten the last two broad ones), took ds1 with me, then we each purchased one set, so we got the RR for each one. Wish I had been on the ball to have gone there earlier this week. Oh well, at least now I know how to work it. Just about done getting the kids supplies - the twins lists for Kindergarten are done, won't really get lists for ds1 or dd until 1st day or so of school (middle & high school), but am stocking up on the basics for them. Will head to Staples & Office Max tomorrow! ;)

#53 supermom4  OFFLINE  

supermom4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 6, 2011 - 10:04 pm

Oh! I forgot to add that both Toys R Us, and A.C.Moore stores are having a BOGO on Crayola products this week. I want to get some of the new dry erase crayons to try.

#54 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 7, 2011 - 12:12 pm

Fwiw, Walgreens has some pretty nice Mead Five Star Zipped Binders on sale for $9.99, per their ad. However, the shelf price showed a higher price, but they rang up $9.99

here's a printable $1 off Two Mead Items coupon: HERE - sure wish I would have seen this BEFORE I bought mine!

One more thing, make sure you sign up for Mead Money, and enter the UPC's of the items you buy, info: HERE

I got these two for my High Schoolers:

First one has many extras inside it: 2 Five Star folders, 5 tabbed index dividers, 4 Five Star tabbed reference pages, a pencil pouch and a calculator.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by noehlp, Aug 7, 2011 - 12:20 pm.

#55 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 7, 2011 - 1:48 pm

Target Deals 8/7-8/13: 1.00 Deals - 5 Star 100 sheet 1 subject notebook (wow.) - 90-ct. 3"x3" Post-it Notes pad - 3 count Sharpie Yellow Highlighter - 2 count Sharpie Marker 20 cents: - up and up 2 pack erasers - up and up pencil sharpener - RoseArt glue sticks 2 pack - RoseArt glue 50 cents: - up & up 12" heavy-duty wooden ruler - up & up pencil box - up & up binder pencil pouch - Standard-size book cover - Poly folder - 100-ct. index cards - 70-sheet Mead notebook - 10-ct. PaperMate Eagle ballpoint pens 90 cents: - up & up poly 1-subject notebook - 24-ct. up & up pencils - 8-ct. Bic Shimmers mechanical pencils - 2-ct. up & up kids’ scissors

GO BRUINS!

#56 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 7, 2011 - 1:51 pm

Walgreens Week of 8/7-8/13: 99 Cents: • 2 pack Expo Markers • 70 Sheet Designer Themebook • 56, 68 or 100 Sheet Puffs • Penway® or Wexford®: 280 Sheet Filler Paper, 3-Subject Composition or Notebook, 120 Sheets • 4 pack Paper Mate EraserMate Pens • Sharpie: 2 pack Gel or 4 pack Accent Highlighters

GO BRUINS!

#57 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 7, 2011 - 2:16 pm

staples has 10 cent composition notebooks 80pages limit 3 with purchase of $5. They have hamermill copy paper 6.49 which comes to 50 cents after rebate which I used to get. It's limit two paper rebates per household so you could do two separate orders if you have a spare body...they're being really picky about limits this year. walgreens has free 24pk crayola crayons after RR but they don't say washable which I guess means they're not:( (1-1)

Edited by tinkrbel, Aug 7, 2011 - 2:18 pm.
wags

#58 love a deal  OFFLINE  

love a deal

• 1,133 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 8, 2011 - 2:18 pm

Walgreens has 2 packs of Expo dry erase markers on sale for .99/pack and coupons.com has a coupon for $2.00 off any 2 packs of expo markers. You can print each coupon twice, so 8 expo markers for FREE!!!! Even if you don't need them, these are great to send to teachers!

#59 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 8, 2011 - 2:33 pm

Walgreens has 2 packs of Expo dry erase markers on sale for .99/pack and coupons.com has a coupon for $2.00 off any 2 packs of expo markers. You can print each coupon twice, so 8 expo markers for FREE!!!! Even if you don't need them, these are great to send to teachers!

or for using on those cheap little boards in the target dollar section :)

#60 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 10, 2011 - 12:13 pm

Whoa, I went to Walgreens this morning, and there was a wrapper around the ad that I didn't see online or in my Sunday paper!

GO BRUINS!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users