What will be the "Hot Toys" for 2011?

jellybean051901

• 2 weeks later...
For whatever reason the only lists I'm finding are from the UK and the toys seem old/unfamiliar to me. I don't see bob the builder being huge these days :P Fijits seem pricey and not all that interesting unless you're a girl in the exact right age group/mind frame.

Im not sure what will be the hot toys but I know my youngest dd is already asking for Fancy Nancy, The new my little pony line, Fijits, lalaloopsy, and those new bjzu(spelling?) things...n I think alot of her friends are on the same page with wanting those toys.

LeapPad Explorer and VTech InnoTab look like they will be great for the pre-school and early elementary age group...a lot cheaper than an iPad! I love the bizu toys mentioned above in this thread...I think my tween daughter will really like them, as well as my 6 year old!

I was going to mention, as well, that I just saw a price drop this week on Nintendo 3DS (to about $169)...seems like the other handhelds by Nintendo might get some price adjustments before the holidays, or show up in the BF ads as doorbusters. I first stumbled across Gotta Deal when the Game Boy micro's were 39.xx as doorbusters, in 2006, as the DS was coming out. The bigger gameboy consoles were also doorbusters in that time frame, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

LeapPad Explorer and VTech InnoTab look like they will be great for the pre-school and early elementary age group...a lot cheaper than an iPad! I love the bizu toys mentioned above in this thread...I think my tween daughter will really like them, as well as my 6 year old!

I think these will be VERY popular this year. I saw the InnoTab a couple weeks ago while browsing walmart.com, but just searched the LeapPad from you mentioning it. I really lke the LeapPad! I'm leaning towards that moreso than the InnoTab for my dd3, who will be a little over 3 1/2 years old on Christmas.