vacuum sealer

• 1 month later...
We got a Foodsaver brand sealer at Sams Club about 6 months ago and LOVE IT! - it works great and like it says in the guide book, it will preserve your food much longer than if you just put it in a zip lock bag and put it in the freezer. Getting all the air out like a sealer does makes all the difference in keeping food longer in a freezer! I strongly suggest picking one up, they don't take up much counter space and they are a great investment!!! The model we have is - V3485

We got a Foodsaver brand sealer at Sams Club about 6 months ago and LOVE IT! - it works great and like it says in the guide book, it will preserve your food much longer than if you just put it in a zip lock bag and put it in the freezer. Getting all the air out like a sealer does makes all the difference in keeping food longer in a freezer! I strongly suggest picking one up, they don't take up much counter space and they are a great investment!!! The model we have is - V3485

I have the same model and love it. I've had it 2-3 years. It's something that your not going to use all of the time, but when you need it, you will love it. As stated above it does not take up alot of space on your counters, my appliances are stainless so it even looks nice sitting out. I've seen them also at Costco but can't remember the price. I bought mine new off of ebay for around $80.00 you might want to check on there also.

we've had a couple foodsavers over the years... our last one lasted about 7 years before we had to replace it last year... sorry... don't know the model number but we love them :) .. the foodsaver brand bags are pretty pricey but we use the cheaper Rival bags and they work great :)