Black Friday 2011 Anticipation Thread

Guest vita555

:tongue1:I have been with my current company for closing to 3 yrs now. My boss know on Black Friday I will be using my vacation time to be shopping. She comes to my desk today and say " hey where is your vacation notice for the Black Friday ? " My coworker laughed at me. I think last year I had my Black Friday day off request around 4th of July . She asked for it. Less than 10 mintues later the day off notice is on my boss' desk. LOL

Ooooh,you have a nice boss...I was lucky the company I was with for 5 years gave it as a holiday but my boss never reminded anyone of anything and if the form was too late she'd just deny it EVEN if she had prior knowldge and it was just a formality. Things like Thanksgiving or Christmas you pretty much had to put in the year before or right after holiday to beat other colleagues since we were such a small dept. Looks like I'll be unemployed this year but between my savings and rental income should be ok to get whatever I want except maybe huge splurges. The only big thing I need this year is a networkable color laser printer and maybe an uber router if the price/spec is right.

Ooooh,you have a nice boss...

I know I feel I am lucky with boss and all ex-boss ,too. Cause all of them knows I will be there at work ,no late coming in, hates taking off for vacation and will work even sick and high on Vicks (only calls in when I can't get up with high fever) ,but DO NOT stop me from taking Black Friday off. LOL.

Guest vita555

I know I feel I am lucky with boss and all ex-boss ,too. Cause all of them knows I will be there at work ,no late coming in, hates taking off for vacation and will work even sick and high on Vicks (only calls in when I can't get up with high fever) ,but DO NOT stop me from taking Black Friday off. LOL.

See at Walmart I would ask off for it every year In July and they would deny me I would still shop but I would have to close and I hated it but this year I have a job where I can be off Yah me

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

Guest vita555

Labor Day weekend. That's my vote and I'm sticking to it... :D

Brad when are you going to do the early predictions I can't wait

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

So when should we open the BF forums? I'm thinking later this month, or early September.

Hmmm... good question! Today! The increase in traffic would be nice! j/k

Oh, wait, I know!!! August 22!!! It is a Monday, some states kids will be going back to school during this week so their parents will have more time to start BF chatting, oh and it's also my b-day! ;)

I cant wait for black friday. :)

AGREED!!!

Perfect intro, BigJim are you/we doing the live videos again this year?

I agree, inquiring minds want to know. BigJim, anything new for them this year? Hoping to see some new & interesting posters on your wall.

Was scanning thur the radio stations in the car the other day and BOOM, heard CHRISTMAS Music playing.. that started it for me.. can't wait for GOOD deals( GREAT deals would be even better) this year. I don't have much of anything bought early this year like years in the past, so we need deals deals deals!

wow a year sure does fly by FAST!

Even though the BF forums won't be open for a few more weeks, you can feel free to post BF-related threads in the Deal Discussion forum and we'll just move them over to the BF forums when they open :)

(although I can't possibly imagine what there is to discuss this early, haha)

Even though the BF forums won't be open for a few more weeks, you can feel free to post BF-related threads in the Deal Discussion forum and we'll just move them over to the BF forums when they open :)

(although I can't possibly imagine what there is to discuss this early, haha)

Its never too early for Black Friday talk :cheesy:

Here is the info for the webcast test!

Hi Everyone! It is almost time for Black Friday and I need to test the webcam and controls for the LIVE webcasts we do called Black Friday Live! This Saturday (Aug 13) you are cordially invited to join me for a Black Friday LIVE test. I will turn on the cam and open up the chat room around 7pm CDT (00:00 UTC) and hang around for about 30-45 min. The main purpose is to check the cam, controls and software we use to broadcast.

All you need to do is go to the link below:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/black-friday-live

If you want to chat you will need to also register with ustream. If you registered last year all you need to do is remember your username and password.

As I said this will just be a test nothing special. If you cant make it no worries if you can we will be happy to have you.

Since this is only a test webcast I am not going to create an event for this one. This will be a treat for everyone who is hanging around now.

Last year I had the idea for a webcast and did not know where it would go. It took a life of it's own.

This year I will have a broadcast schedule and that will be posted here, on Facebook and events will be created on Facebook and on ustream.

I will be recording the webcasts and will be open to view anytime you need your Big Jim fix.

I will also be doing a series of videos on Youtube as well.

If there is anyone with suggestions or ideas please post and let us know!

Since this is only a test webcast I am not going to create an event for this one. This will be a treat for everyone who is hanging around now.

Last year I had the idea for a webcast and did not know where it would go. It took a life of it's own.

This year I will have a broadcast schedule and that will be posted here, on Facebook and events will be created on Facebook and on ustream.

I will be recording the webcasts and will be open to view anytime you need your Big Jim fix.

I will also be doing a series of videos on Youtube as well.

If there is anyone with suggestions or ideas please post and let us know!

Sweetness!!!

You should do a youtube of setting up camp for Black Friday shopping, obviously you'd could do the video much prior to the big day, like a dry run. I am sure a lot of new campers would enjoy it.

Tonight I am working on the BF webcast schedule........................Any ideas or thoughts?

I vote for Saturday evenings, about every other week. It could start ASAP since we're already all psyched up about BF :D. Then as it gets closer to BF, say in November, bump it up to weekly. :yup:. Don't forget to ask Brad for lots of t-shirts and contests for the webcasts ;).

And weren't ya supposed to do a few webcasts last year of settin' up your tent at Best Buy? I'd still like to see that this year.