Do you think you spend to much on your kids for Christmas????

Tessangel

That is the way we feel here,

Kc 16, BC 15, KC 12, TC 5 will be six the 19 of this month.

We have always had a nice Christmas. I want to say thanks to this site where almost everything they are getting this year came from, like zales there wouldnt be one this year if not for the good deals you guys made possible. My husband got hurt at work so has not been able to work. With 4 kids and trying to keep up bills has been almost impossible. So really appreciate this site.

Thanks to all.

My DD is only 2 so Im trying to control myself but I think with the $200 Jeep it will end up being about $300. My brothers and I always had huge Christmases when we were little and I think its in my blood to go that route but I figure Ill wait until she actually has an idea of whats gong on. :D

i definitely overspend but i just love christmas and i love seeing my kids happy when they get what they want they never throw a fit if there something that they asked for and didnt get it they usually forget. well they're still young. i have already spent $700 and i have not did any more shopping only because i have been really sick but this weekend i will be hitting the stores...

I say every year that I will set a limit and will not over spend. NOT!!! I have a 6 year old son that I've spent over a $1,000 (way over what I planned). I ended up getting the HP desktop @ Walmart on BF. I was on the Walmart line @ 3am and when the doors opened people rushed in. My cousin left me with the carts and managed to sit on two computers while I made my way to her. So with that said...I couldn't resist although it wasn't on his list of things he wanted but I know he would love it. And the price was right! Then we have the Nintendo DS Mario kart bundle (which I managed to have price matched @Sears for 95.00). Then I was able to get in on the KB b1g1 Free games for new DS. And the list goes on.......

I also have a stepson that lives out of state with his mom (he's coming on the 25th) which we've spent $500.00.

My brother has 2 kids (nephew 6 and niece 4) and we always spend about $125-$200 on each. We have a big family so my son, newphew and niece always make out with them as well! So to answer the big question...I spend way too much!!! But I'm looking forward to seeing the kids open thier gifts with all the excitement I remember having on xmas morning. That seems to make all worth it!

It depends on the year. This has been a good year for us, so our kids get spoiled.

I will say that we do not EVER buy them stuff (toys) unless it is a birthday or Christmas. They all have summer birthdays, so by Christmas, they deserve it!

(Of course, throughout the year they do get stuff from their grandparents, but not from us.)

I overcompensate and I know it. My husband is in the military and we never know if he will be home for the next Christmas so we always try to make it special. Growing up, I was raised by elderly grandparents after my mom was killed when I was 13 months old and my sister was 4, my grandparents had no income but social security so needless to say we were poor, but never really felt it since there was so much love. I may have never had the material things but I had a lot of love and support. I want my kids to have both and I do overspend, but not as much as some do. My kids do get alot however most things I buy on clearance all through the year and break out at Christmas and birthdays. The only things I really have to buy when it gets to Christmas is the Santa stuff they ask for and they have a limit of 3 things they can each ask for, after all, Santa can only carry so much.

Guest Deals4Me
Hubby thinks we did this year...but its really not that much. Alot was super super cheap on clearance...like last years imaginex castle, WAS $50 normally...We got it for $2 cuase it was an open box that was kinda in shambles...

I think I'm getting better at staying at budget for my kids. I try to stay at around $300 for each. My problem is shopping on BF and then finding "unexpected" deals leading up to Christmas. I do get a lot for my money though.

I'm quoting myself here! I waaaay over spent this year. I once again bought everything on black friday and continued shopping. But at least we are in a posistion to indulged them this year. Who knows what next year might bring.

Absolutely! I know that we do. BUT just recently in the past 2-3 years. Before that we couldn't afford it. We don't use credit cards at all. My dh gets his bonus check in November, so I get 1/4 of it to spend on whatever I choose....of course it's always Christmas! (he doesn't "get" the other 3/4 btw...it's put in college funds for the kids) We don't really buy each other big gifts..but we do spend on our kids. I don't have any brothers or sisters, and my dh's family lives our of state & my in-laws are not doting g'parents at all. However...MY parents are absolutely nutso! My mom probably will spend $2000 per kid each Christmas, plus another $500 on their bdays. Her theory always is" I might not be here next year". She also doesn't use cc to but the stuff. My kids are pretty good about it though...the oldest is not spoiled at all, my 6 yr old...well she's pretty good...most of the time. One thing we do every year is pick several names off the giving/angel trees and spend a few hundred dollars on some other kids. This year we even bought a PS2 for a 7 yr old boy who wanted one. Our family is pretty small...many family members died at a really young age...so I think we all try to make Christmas as special as we can.

I think we spend too much on our children, but then again, I do not purchase many toys or wants during the year. It is getting to the point with my older two that I really don't know what to buy them. They seem to have so much and how many game systems or clothes or purses does one child really need? My daughter will be 16 in a few months so I guess she will be asking for a car. I think my reply will be that she can get herself a job as a birthday present for me! That's the only way she's going to be driving is if she can earn some money to help pay for a car and insurance.