Our PX starts at 03:00 am!!!

masilke

Just came back from the PX (Post Exchange). The Manager told me they were starting at 3 am . No luck on ad or even early bird items. I also asked her about pricematching again!! They will pricematch as long as the item is still instock at the store that your matching it from. Hassle Hassle Hassle, they always find new ways to discourage ppl to pricematch. Anyway I highly doubt that in the chaos of things they are really going to call Walmart, Kmart, Circuit City etc. to verify instore availability.

So I guess I will be at the PX bright and early and still get in with the early crowd at WM!!!!!:g_dance:

For the love of God! 3am??? I don't think I'll be hitting them up this year! Ack! Masilke, off topic question, but how do you like rucker?

Well....

Where to start. Coming from Riley...........lol It is a very small post. Lots of retired folks.( ahem us included);) The PX is small but the commissary is big.lol

Cost of living is somewhat cheaper around here. (compared to riley and carson I am sure)

Post doesn't have many activities for Families, since this is mostly a AIT and Warrant school post.

Other than that it is not that bad:g_dance:

This will be my first BF here. We'll see how it goes. They already know me at Customer Service.:rotflol:

If you get a paper/ad Please let me know what they are going to have at the PX. I have a 45 minute drive to the PX or WM SC anyway.

No problem, you know they have friday , saturday and sunday deals. :2wiggle:

Saturday is more electronics plus earlybird

Sunday will be clothes ( insert didn't say anything about earlybird)

I've visited Rucker when hubby went to ALSE school a couple of years ago. I didn't enjoy my 5 day visit there at all! LOL It seemed confusing and way too small for me with nothing anywhere near there! LOL Carson is great for shopping and outdoor stuff...we have 2 malls, 6 walmarts, 4 targets and many other stores in doubles/triples! LOL But this place is expensive to live! :P

I've visited Rucker when hubby went to ALSE school a couple of years ago. I didn't enjoy my 5 day visit there at all! LOL It seemed confusing and way too small for me with nothing anywhere near there! LOL Carson is great for shopping and outdoor stuff...we have 2 malls, 6 walmarts, 4 targets and many other stores in doubles/triples! LOL But this place is expensive to live! :P

Go ahead rub it in!!!:gd_shake:

We were there in 94! You are def. right about being in the middle of nowhere.lol

Maybe our next assignment will be better.

Just came back from the PX (Post Exchange). The Manager told me they were starting at 3 am . No luck on ad or even early bird items. I also asked her about pricematching again!! They will pricematch as long as the item is still instock at the store that your matching it from. Hassle Hassle Hassle, they always find new ways to discourage ppl to pricematch. Anyway I highly doubt that in the chaos of things they are really going to call Walmart, Kmart, Circuit City etc. to verify instore availability.

So I guess I will be at the PX bright and early and still get in with the early crowd at WM!!!!!:g_dance:

HOLY COW 3AM. Hummm that would allow me to hit Walmart at 5am with no problem. Did they mention gift cards? Which PX is that? Where are they? I'll have to ask at mine if they are doing that. Might not sleep that night to be in line early enough goodness

Mara

If you get a paper/ad Please let me know what they are going to have at the PX. I have a 45 minute drive to the PX or WM SC anyway.

Remember no tax plus PM at the PX :) Oh yeah that will be my first stop for a gift card. Hope they give them away again this year.

Our 5th Walmart just opened here by Fort Campbell. Glad to see its not just this area that likes Walmart so much they keep building more lol. This one is right outside the gate making my BF hop from PX to Walmart a close simple one then boom to the freeway to the mall WAHOO

Mara

I just spoke to our px manager and she said the stores are doing gift cards and drawings for bf. She also said that she is giving away $10 gift cards on Veterans Day, so you may want to speak to your store manager and see if they are doing the same thing.:g_dance: :g_dance: :g_dance:

Our 5th Walmart just opened here by Fort Campbell. Glad to see its not just this area that likes Walmart so much they keep building more lol. This one is right outside the gate making my BF hop from PX to Walmart a close simple one then boom to the freeway to the mall WAHOO

Mara

DANG!!! 5 Walmarts!!!!I didn't know Clarksville was THAT big!!! lol

I just spoke to our px manager and she said the stores are doing gift cards and drawings for bf. She also said that she is giving away $10 gift cards on Veterans Day, so you may want to speak to your store manager and see if they are doing the same thing.:g_dance: :g_dance: :g_dance:

Awesome!!! thanks for that, I didn't even think about Veterans Day! I will ask tomorrow.

Btw, don't forget to check Aafes.com and click on sales flyers. Certain Posts will have a special Holiday clothing sale going on with $20 and $50 Giftcards!https://odin.aafes.com/this_week/wk73fashion.htm

I might have to go up to Maxwell for that one!!

Remember no tax plus PM at the PX :) Oh yeah that will be my first stop for a gift card. Hope they give them away again this year.

Just a reminder on that note, I posted this in my other thread about PX/Commissary

Check you October Military Star Statement!! On the last page you will find 10% coupons for the pre thanksgiving sale 11/14/05 - 11/20/05 and the thanks giving 11/24/05 sale valid online and catalog only.

Aafes flyer for week 11/4- 11/10 mailed .

1. Take $10 off $100 - $125 ONLINE OR INSTORE

20 126 - 150

25 151 - 200

$30 off purchases over $ 200. good through Dec 12 05

2. Take $15.00 off any purchase of $125.oo or more at your PX/BX!!

Valid through Dec.12!!!

LOOK FOR THOSE COUPONS IN THE BACK OF YOUR STARNOTES.

INSERTED IN THE FLYER!!

Just a reminder on that note, I posted this in my other thread about PX/Commissary

Check you October Military Star Statement!! On the last page you will find 10% coupons for the pre thanksgiving sale 11/14/05 - 11/20/05 and the thanks giving 11/24/05 sale valid online and catalog only.

LOOK FOR THOSE COUPONS IN THE BACK OF YOUR STARNOTES.

INSERTED IN THE FLYER!!

Hmm, hubby got rid of his star card back when it was still the dpp (dumb privates program.. :razz: ) Maybe I should get one for those uniform emergencies and the extra incentive to shop at the px more! ;)

Go ahead rub it in!!!:gd_shake:

We were there in 94! You are def. right about being in the middle of nowhere.lol

Maybe our next assignment will be better.

Sorry? :giggle: Actually, I think that hubby is puting in for Rucker. His unit is scheduled to return back to Iraq next fall for their 3rd tour, and they won't even get home from this tour to Iraq until December. So, he's hoping to get to a post that won't be sending him anywhere and unfortunately Rucker is one of the few left! :(