*** New Feature: Ability to Rate Online Deal Threads ***

Brad

You now have the ability to rate threads in the Online Hot Deals forum. When viewing a thread, at the top of the page on the right side you'll see a drop-down "Rate This Thread" menu where you can rate a thread from 1 to 5 stars. (You can try it in this thread if you'd like).

With so many deals being posted, we hope you'll rate a few threads so those visitors who may not have the time to check every single thread can see at a glance which threads are "GD member approved". You can also sort threads by their rating using the options at the bottom of the thread listing.

Obviously we aren't asking you to rate every single thread, but if you check out a deal and feel like sharing your opinion of it, it'll only take a second or two, and your input will be greatly appreciated. Average ratings will show in the main thread listing. The forum will not show details of your vote, so it is anonymous.

We'll try this new system and if it works well we may implement it in other sub-forums as well. Let me know if you have any questions :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Folks, please, rate the deals! I think this may be a use it or lose it feature, so if no one uses it, it may disappear.

I think it's a great feature, doesn't take long to rate once you've checked out the deal and decided.

From my understanding, no one can see what you vote.

Are there questions about this new feature??? Ask, and Brad, myself, or other mods will help to answer them.

Again, PLEASE RATE THE DEALS! :)

Guest bluecamel1913
Once threads are rated, where can you see indication of "GD Member Approved" threads? I feel like the ratings should be posted within the post itself to make this feature more transparent.

Once threads are rated, where can you see indication of "GD Member Approved" threads? I feel like the ratings should be posted within the post itself to make this feature more transparent.

Good input!!! I can't answer your question, but hopefully Brad will come through and do so.

Right now it's tough because not many are using the thread ratings so your only indication is just viewing the number of stars given to a thread when browsing a forum. Most threads are only rated by one or two members, so it's tough to get a good idea of which are approved and which aren't.

In the future if we get more participation we might be able to do something that takes into account both the rating and the # of views/replies a thread has and come up with the most "GD approved" deals.

IMO - I don't post often, however I check this site often (for the last three years) for great deals; however not so much lately and here is the reason why. For some reason it seems that instead of posting only great deals, recently I find there is a whole page of so-so deals posted by one person - 10 to 20 at a time. I find it less useful to have to search page by page to find anything of value. I might as well just use a search engine. Just my opinion.....