What time do you get up on Black Fri ?

lovebears65

We usually don't sleep the night before BF. All my aunts and I sit up to go over ads, discuss whose gonna go where to get what and visit.

We usually go over ours at Thanksgiving dinner. My mom goes out in the morning to get the deals at Kmart and then we have dinner. We go thru the ads. My sisters are fierce that day. One of them is totally road rage. I just laugh while I am piling WMs cheap toys in the cart.

We've been BF'ing for almost two decades (we're OLD!).........and the time we've gotten in line is dependent upon what and where we've wanted to go.

The last few years we (my wife and I) have split up between two stores to cover doorbuster items in each. Last year, 12:30AM at BB and 4th in line.....earlier by an hour from the previous year. Still haven't been able to get to BB and be first...... oh well.

Was first in line at CompUSA though....its line really didn't start forming up until 3-4AM.

We avoid Wal-Mart like the plague after two successive years, '98 and '99, produced fistfights between "customers" trying to get a TV or DVD player. Fortunately, we were fairly far removed from the fights, but the mobs at Wal-Mart tend to be much more unruly and I hate fighting like that.

Now, with Wal-Mart having such a cheap laptop this year, I honestly think MN is probably not going to be too early......the last one we attended at Wallyworld, we showed up at 2AM and the store was already packed, and there weren't any great deals on computers....just TVs, DVD players, toys, bicycles and the like. That laptop deal is really going to bring out the campers at Wal-Mart this year.