RCA Lyra 64MB for $29.99 @ Fry's

Big Smooth

The Portland-area Fry's ad for today lists a 64MB RCA mp3 player for $29.99, no rebates or anything. The picture clearly shows this Lyra model, which gets good reviews on Amazon, Epinions, etc.

No backlight and it doesn't hold much but it is expandable with an SD card. Seems like a good price for a very portable, basic mp3 player for the gym, jogging, etc.

Hi Andy,

Awesome deal, did you see this in today's The Oregonian?

Why doesn't it have a built-in FM tuner :chairshot

Yup, back of the sports page on Wednesday as always. :smart:

It's definitely a stripped-down model, no bells and whistles at all, but that also keeps it small & light with good battery life. I can't decide if I want one myself, the price is very low but it has minimal capacity (and I'd rather not buy an SD card).

Yes, it plays both mp3 and wma. Looks like you do have to use MusicMatch to transfer songs to the player. Depending on the bitrate of your files, I'd say you could fit about an hour's worth of music on it (15 songs or so).

Edit: read a few more reviews, looks like you don't HAVE to use MusicMatch, at least not with XP or Mac OS X.

Yes, it plays both mp3 and wma. Looks like you do have to use MusicMatch to transfer songs to the player. Depending on the bitrate of your files, I'd say you could fit about an hour's worth of music on it (15 songs or so).

Edit: read a few more reviews, looks like you don't HAVE to use MusicMatch, at least not with XP or Mac OS X.

So what do you use ? Windows Explorer ?

• 2 weeks later...
I have this model mp3 player. Got it for christmas of this year. It is a nice little model. And their techsupport is good. I had to get new headphones mine were bad at the plug. They replaced them in 7 days no questions asked. What a price for this cool player! :)