Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Extreme Couponing

134 replies to this topic

#121 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 29, 2011 - 4:15 pm

Just saw a commercial for EXTREME COUPON ALL STARS, has anyone seen it yet?

#122 sweetdiggity  OFFLINE  

sweetdiggity

• 1,461 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 29, 2011 - 4:17 pm

Just saw a commercial for EXTREME COUPON ALL STARS, has anyone seen it yet?

Watched it Tuesday night - I like it! It is entertaining because the competitors have 30 mins to shop, must buy at least 15 different items and have to have a subtotal (before coupons) of at least $500, it's a little more interesting than people just shopping. lol

Plus everything gets donated so that's nice as well.
Retail: Homey don't pay that. :D

#123 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 29, 2011 - 4:26 pm

I scored this morning with free papers....or the shopping edition(ads+coupons) which is all I really need. They dropped them off at some houses that DON'T receive the paper. I plan on asking neighbors for theirs if they're not using them.

If this is a NEW edition I may just order a couple if the price is right.

update:OMG....so I went to newspaper website and nothing so I googled YES sunday and came up to a page where you can sign up to receive it FREEif you live in certain zipcodes and DON'T already receive the Sunday paper. This could be interesting. Let's see if I get again next week.

FYI........this is the Miami Herald. Not good for 99.999999% of us out here. LOL
All those who wander are not lost.........

#124 tharos  OFFLINE  

tharos

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Jan 1, 2012 - 8:14 pm

I really want to know how all of those people have so many bottles of Tide! Some of them have like 30+ bottles in their stock. It's never on a great sale anywhere here, other laundry soaps are but never Tide, and you wouldn't apply overages to such an expensive laundry soap you'd get something cheaper. And the coupons for it aren't ever high values here. Can anyone explain any Tide great deals they've gotten? Walgreens hasn't had Tide in their BF ad for the past 2 years and those were smaller bottles.

Stores are in business to make a profit, and I support that. Retailing is very sophisticated. In a supermarket, everything adult eye level generates the most profit for the store. Exceptions exist, like at the checkout and cold cereal area where they also target kids. That's why Kashi and other cereals like that are at adult eye level and above, and the CocoKrispies, CocoPufs, AppleJacks, candy bars and other sugar laden items are at your children's eye level. Another way to generate profit is to sell shelf space. Store chains sell shelf space to manufacturers. Those companies who pay the most money get the most shelf space. The consumer product company has to raise the cost of the product and pass it onto the consumer. The the grocery store sells a competing in-store brand but does not have to pay itself for shelf space. So the "store brand" appears to be cheaper but in reality both generate the same amount of profit for the store.

#125 tharos  OFFLINE  

tharos

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Jan 1, 2012 - 8:36 pm

What?? If the coupon is ON the package I can see that sign. I would not take a coupon off the package if I wasn't buying the item.

But only taking a coupon from a blinkie type machine if you are buying it right then .. that's crazy. I take them all the time if its a good coupon for a product I use. Am I alone?

I take them all the time too. I watch for the sales cycles, every store has them. One example, cerials get discounted every 12 or 13 weeks, and in the in-between time there are coupons. I take some coupons when the coupons are available and wait for the item to be discounted. I belive it's reasonable. I never take the whole stack, but I will take enough to purchase. I also print on-line coupons in sufficient quantity to take advantage of discounts.

#126 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,050 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2012 - 5:21 am

FYI........this is the Miami Herald. Not good for 99.999999% of us out here. LOL

I realize that but if it helps just 1 person then it was worth posting. I know there's a few GDers in my area whether they bother with this section is up to them :P

#127 lukesmom01  OFFLINE  

lukesmom01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Jan 2, 2012 - 7:28 pm

I realize that but if it helps just 1 person then it was worth posting. I know there's a few GDers in my area whether they bother with this section is up to them :P

I agree.
I am not in your area, but I am glad people post this kind of stuff. I would LOVE it if there was someone in my area to post deals.

#128 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 3, 2012 - 7:33 am

Time to start watching the On-Demand back episodes!! About 1.5 years ago I decided to start using some of my "stockpile" items. Granted, I didn't have many, but times were tough for me and I had to start saving where I could. I am down to 1 bottle of dish soap!!! I have to start restocking now I guess .. lol I don't know whether to be embarassed that it took me 1.5 years to use up my stockpile of soap .. or proud of myself for not buying dish soap for 1.5 years.

#129 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,050 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 3, 2012 - 1:06 pm

I don't know whether to be embarassed that it took me 1.5 years to use up my stockpile of soap .. or proud of myself for not buying dish soap for 1.5 years.

Be proud...unless you've had to throw stuff away be very proud. We still have handsoap from Christmas many tears ago and razors galore. Unless they PAY me to buy the razors I won't be buying any for quite a while.

#130 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 3, 2012 - 2:08 pm

I went and took out lotion and anything liquid that was more than 2 years old and donated it to our local shelter. Most personal care items that are liquid based are only shelf stable for 3 years max. Product starts to break down around 2.5 years. I didn't want it to go to waste. I haven't bought (or gotten for free) razors for over 2 years now. It will probably be another year before I am completely out. I'm low on toothpaste too. I stopped stockpiling that because it expires normally like a year after it hits the shelves. So I start the hunt !!! Lol

#131 Kara1204  OFFLINE  

Kara1204

Think Pink!

• 1,234 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 3, 2012 - 6:42 pm

Scored on HyDrive Energy Drinks yesterday. Regular price $1.99. Store sale price 10 for $10. 55 cent coupons hanging on every bottle. Plus, there was a 10% off "Bag Day" sale in that Department for the one day. So, I got 50 bottle of HyDrive for just 35 cents each! Is that extreme???? Maybe not to those freaks on TV, but I feel pretty good about it. :)
All those who wander are not lost.........

#132 happysunshine28  OFFLINE  

happysunshine28

• 4,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 19, 2012 - 5:13 pm

Scored on HyDrive Energy Drinks yesterday. Regular price $1.99. Store sale price 10 for $10. 55 cent coupons hanging on every bottle. Plus, there was a 10% off "Bag Day" sale in that Department for the one day. So, I got 50 bottle of HyDrive for just 35 cents each!

Is that extreme???? Maybe not to those freaks on TV, but I feel pretty good about it. :)

thats extreme to me. If you use it and its that cheap, its extreme.

#133 jdrd90  OFFLINE  

jdrd90

• 1,502 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 5, 2012 - 9:00 pm

I bought 25 Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and 50 Cadbury Creme Eggs today and with 25 coupons, I paid $5.00 :) They were all on sale for $0.40 each and I had 25 coupons for $0.50 off when you buy 3. The store doubles coupons and I asked them first if they would take all the coupons, they said "sure, no problem" sooooooo I did!!! Of course I don't need all that candy but what I don't use here for Easter, I will take to school with me and put the rest in my treat bucket. I actually bought 2 gallons of milk on sale for $1.99 and 2 energy drinks that were 2 for 3 and used 2, one dollar coupons on those so I got everything(including the candy) for just over $10 with tax. Nice deal for me :)
I Believe

#134 tfrank1980  OFFLINE  

tfrank1980

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted May 3, 2012 - 9:56 am

Does anyone have any tips of how they do it like the show where they go from like $250 to $3 by using a combination of different coupons?

#135 mildmom  OFFLINE  

mildmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jun 20, 2012 - 9:15 am

I think part of how they do that is to not scan their store loyalty card (Like Kroger Card) until the end...that takes a lot off normally, and then the coupons for things like BOGO, and the cents off. It is misleading because the prices weren't "really" that high to begin with.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users