Dora talking house

simonalex

Toys R Us's normal price on it is $60, so that is a good deal in comparison...BUT...the TRU one also comes with bonus figures and I have seen it on sale already (briefly) for $50. Add in that printable $5 off coupon and you have the house with bonus figures for the same price as Walmart's BF price.

I'm thinking TRU might have an even better deal...I hope so anyway. I want that house (my youngest is soooo into Dora, this will be her "Santa" gift) but I don't want to pay $50+ for it. The cheaper the better LOL.

My nieces want the Dora house, but I heard nothing is included (furniture). Then I saw Walmart had the furniture sets for $14 which confirmed that. I think I'll have to tell my sister I'll half with her instead of buying everything like I did say! That would really add up for me

It can get really expensive my sister who has no kids got the house and furniture for my daughter last year.

I really don't think it is the furniture sets that are going to sell for $15 each they are listed on the walmart website for about $10 each now. I think it may be the pool and greenhouse addons since that is the price they sell for on a regular basis.

Also remember if you get he dollhouse from WM there will be only limited figures with it. Additional figures sell for about $7 a piece.

You might want to check around on the house and see if you can get a bundle deal. I think I saw someplace like Sears that had the whole house with furniture for $99, not sure if that was the store. But the sets are $10-$15 ea and last year they were the HOT HOT HOT item, all stores were sold out and people were getting them from eBay at incredible prices. Might think about buying now and if you get a better deal down the line, return the others. Just a thought and observation.

My nieces want the Dora house, but I heard nothing is included (furniture). Then I saw Walmart had the furniture sets for $14 which confirmed that. I think I'll have to tell my sister I'll half with her instead of buying everything like I did say! That would really add up for me

It comes with some basic furniture. You can buy furniture sets separately as well. From the description at amazon:

The house is only partially furnished with built-in kitchen appliances and table, boom box and picture in living room, phone on one wall, mirror in bathroom, and miscellaneous illustrations of shelves in the bedrooms. Dora, her Mama, her Papi, and their couch are included. Also, this Toys "R" Us exclusive version comes with three bonus figures--Diego, Boots, and Swiper.

For me...this is all I need. Erin is turning 2 in a couple of weeks so she will still really be too small for the little accessories at Christmas. They have a lot of smaller pieces as they are for ages 3 and up. So I'm getting her the house, letting her keep the larger figures, but holding off on getting anything else till she is bigger. She may get some accessory sets from relatives but those will just go in storage till she can be trusted not to stick toys in her mouth. Otherwise I'll just buy them up next year, or sooner if they go on clearance (if they stop making them before next year--doubt that though!).