BF-Worthy Deal: Dell Laptop $399 available RIGHT NOW!!!

RossMAN

Guest cantweshare

When did a laptop start costing $49 to ship, this is ridicoulous. Laptops shipping should be under $10!

Try toshibadirect.com... most are $9.99 :)

What is Dell's Customer Service like these days? Last time I dealt with them, years ago, it was not that great, so that will be a deciding factor for me.

Thanks,

Andrea

I just happened to use dell's tech support today (had a hard drive die) and I can tell you that it helps to have a phone that you can put on speakerphone while you are on hold with dell. It took about 35 minutes on hold, then 10 minutes with one person, who then transferred me to another person, 10 more minutes on hold, then another 10 minutes with a second person to get everything squared away. I was doing other stuff while waiting, but be prepared for approximately an hour. Just my experience this morning.

ND

Hi..this forum is GREAT! I noticed today that Staples will have an Acer Laptop 3613LCi w/ Celeron M 370 1.5GHZ/256MB/40GB/Combo Drive - $449.94 * on early bird special. Anyone know any further specs on it. I will probably try for WM but if I can't get one there then Staples is right across the street and they open later than the WM early bird specials.

the toshiba is a better deal it has built in wireless and faster hard drive and you can replace all the ram in it unlike the dell which has the 256mb that comes with it soldered in and non removable. not to mention side mounted usb ports front volume control much better video chipset etc. many plus's over the dell.

soldered doesn't mean anything other than you need a steady hand with a soldering iron :g_thumbri

Laptops are not an appropriate gift for any 3.5 or 5 year old. They azre aapropriate for high school students and higher. The price is too much an d children have lack of responsibility and the laptops will end up being not treated with care and this will cause problems with the software. PC and laptop usage at the young age should be a parent/child guided activity.

Judith Behrens

[email protected]

M S Degree in Computer Education

I currently own a Compaq Presario 1215US. It runs very slow. This HP deal sounds womderful.

I must be in the minority....but I have heard some very good things about HP...which is why I am willing to wait in line on BF at Walmart...I will be replacing a laptop that finally gave out on me last year..and I already/still have all the router, wireless card..etc...but maybe it's from experience..but nothing could make me buy another Dell.....I have had nothing but problems from my Dell since day one..and it took me TWO years to get someone to replace the motherboard..which was suppose to correct the problem immediately...and instead it simply delayed the same behavior a couple weeks before it started back up. I have had to reinstall everything at least 2-3 dozen times in 3 years.....and..btw..this was at...DELLS TECHNICAL SUPPORT'S suggestion that has left me with basically a pc I have been using with nothing that can be retained for long.

I can't wait to replace the desktop for my girls also next year.

Even though, I work on a computer all day long, I am not computer savvy at all... so in regards to the Toshiba Lap top on sale at Best Buy on BF or the HP at Walmart, what accessories would we need for just regular dial-up or is regular dial up even an option for either one of these?

kedens,

All those laptops you mentioned include an internal 56k modem for dialup internet service. All you need is an internet service provider :)

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/laptop/

I am closing this thread since this Dell deal is dead and we're getting off topic, please continue discussion here.

If you have questions regarding Dell laptops please post them here.