Who will shop on Ebay for gifts this year?

DKS88

I won't be this year. Last year I got my son a Leapster off ebay to save money, new in the box and everything...well it is a little messed up and there was nothing I could do about it since I had no store receipt. It works, but it seems to think you're putting the pen about 1/8 to 1/4 inch away from where you are really touching the screen with the pen. Which is incredibly frustrating for him when he's trying to put in his name and it's not recognizing the right letters, etc. I would have loved to take it back--I figure I got one that was defective, not necessarily the seller's fault--but I couldn't. So I'm buying everything in stores now, where I can get receipts and have a place to exchange it if anything turns out defective.

I won't be this year. Last year I got my son a Leapster off ebay to save money, new in the box and everything...well it is a little messed up and there was nothing I could do about it since I had no store receipt. It works, but it seems to think you're putting the pen about 1/8 to 1/4 inch away from where you are really touching the screen with the pen. Which is incredibly frustrating for him when he's trying to put in his name and it's not recognizing the right letters, etc. I would have loved to take it back--I figure I got one that was defective, not necessarily the seller's fault--but I couldn't. So I'm buying everything in stores now, where I can get receipts and have a place to exchange it if anything turns out defective.

There is a way to recalibrate he screen of a leapster. If you look a the back there is an area that you can put a pen. If you place the pen in there when you turn on the leapster you should get a blank screen adn be able to recalibrate it.

There is a way to recalibrate he screen of a leapster. If you look a the back there is an area that you can put a pen. If you place the pen in there when you turn on the leapster you should get a blank screen adn be able to recalibrate it.

I won't wreck it by doing that LOL? As long as there's no chance of me making it worse, I'll try it.

I buy and sell on eBay and have already done lots of Christmas shopping there. I always find great bargains on DVD's and clothes for the kids.

Oh yea, the dog chewed up my sons Dash toy (Incredibles, McDonald's Happy Meal toy). He was devistated! Found one on eBay for .99 + .75 shipping! He said he would love me forever (he's 4).

No, no ebay shopping for me. I've discovered that the deals on Ebay are few and far between. People pay too much for things there, because they want to "win." It seems that sellers always describe their items to be in better condition than they actually are, too, so I prefer to just not take the chance there for gifts.

I buy and sell on Ebay. Having (2) DD's I tend to purchase more charms and clothes. This year my oldest DD is really into Audrey Hepburn so I'll be watching for something unique on there. She found a cigar box purse with her picture on it but I didn't get a chance to look at it before it went off maybe next time.

Wow, this is my first email on gottadeal. I've been coming here for a few years now, but always just lurked.

Anyways, we will shop ebay because our family are fans of English Football and I will not pay the price that the catalogs and stuff want me to pay for a jersey or kit for the kids. It would cost at least $70 for a jersey give or take. We buy from Europe and Mylasia and we pay about $25-$30 which includes shipping. :D

carone

I would love a thread on selling in ebay, as i hope to start selling some items soon. Hints on the best way to price items, how long to have bidding open, reasonable s&h charges, etc.

I'll be happy to start a thread, but which forum would a thread like that be appropriate in?

I sell Longaberger hard to find items on ebay. I have MANY of my buyers already shopping for Christmas. I don't kill you on shipping. I believe I am the lowest on shipping compaired to other Longaberger Sellers selling the same thing.

What kills me is some charge 12.00 to ship a basket that I can ship out for 5.00. That is HORRIBLE! People pay it though.

• 2 weeks later...