Hubbies who hate BF....

Guest Deals4Me

Actually, I got into it on my own and then I got my wife into it. She's normally really easy-going and doesn't like sports or physical activity in general, but when we go together, she's a real sport. She'll run up and down the ailes and everyhting. :lolrun:

I have a SWAT-team mentality about BF. I research and make up color-coded spreadsheets and prioritized plans and contingency plans. And I am a perfectionist when it comes to the tactical efficiency of executing those plans. Ordinarily, my wife wouldn't care to think about ANYTHING in that amount of detail, but for the both of us, BF is a really fun adventure. Last year we did ALL of our Christmas shopping that day, and we got tons of stuff for ourselves. I think we spent like $1300 or so, and then we got about half of that back in rebates.

My DH would rather have needles stuck under his fingernails than to EVER go shopping, much less to go on BF. ;)

He does all of his Christmas shopping for me online, and usually doesn't set foot in the mall more than once every 3 years.

He would SO not be any fun to go with on BF. He would rush me the whole time. Besides, he babysits the boys, and I wouldn't miss the time I get to spend with my Mom for anything!

My DH openly admits that he loves going shopping on BF. He is very disapointed that he will have to work it this year! :(

He gets upset when I mention any of my plans for this year - poor him! :cry2:

He'll hopefully be able to enjoy going through my "haul" with me when I get home. Minus the things I scored for him of course! :g_laughin

Guest all2tired
I have to plead with my hubby to not go into work on his day off (double time)and watch the kids so I can hit BF sales.

I husband HATES to go shopping. But he will stay home with the kids. Plus if I am alone, he doesn't know what I spend. Not that he would care. This is the one day I have to myself. I and take complete advantage of it. Out by 3 am and not home til late.

Mine loves to shop, more than I do in fact (though he hates clothing shopping just as much as I do, phew). If we're in a computer store, he's like a kid in the candy store - gone in 3 seconds flat.. hmm, now that I think about it.. same with Target and the like as well. Strange. Anyway, he doesn't get up early.. he stays home w/ the kids on BF. But he will go out later, depending on my report when I get back (on how traumatized I was by the mass people).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Deals4Me
Its amusing to hear you all say so they dont what you spend. HA. If I go to Walmart, Kroger, and Target, he's checking the bank hotline every 30 minutes to find out what I am spending and where.

Guest Deals4Me

mine would never go out on BF. he thinks i'm nuts but wants to see everything i get when i get home.

ahh one of those...those guys always amuse me.... wanna do this :sleeping: instead of shopping:3duck: but then do this when you get home! :g_thumpsu:gd_pineap:woot2:

My hubby comes with and I tell him exactly what to get in each store, we divide the list and the first one gets a spot in line. I make two list and from store to store I divide them out according to the store lay out. Last year I was in BB for the lap top deal and was in line forever but we had fun. Joking talking good thing there was nothing else I HAD to have at another store....this year he has to work so we will be up and out early

My husband has a built in excuse. The ASU, U of A game every year on Black Friday. He "doesnt want to be tired for the big game". Youd better believe though that he has a list a mile long and a game plan for me and my mother in law, but he just cant make it.

My hubby thinks I'm nuts, but thats not including BF

I am a coupon fanatic.....and he doesnt like going with coupons I send him with, but its okay if I do it. AND when he can brag!

Yeah, mine too. He loves to tell people what great deals I got and he likes to stand in line with me while I ring up a buggy load of stuff and then start taking off the coupons and watching the total drop. The funny part is he will rush me through the store and not want to give me adequate time to get all of the best deals, but then wants to watch me check out. How weird is that?

And on BF he either is all excited to go with me or wants nothing to do with it. And I never know which one I will wake up on BF morning. Some years I have made plans to go with my sister or a friend and he gets mad because I wasn't planning to go with him. But, as sure as I plan to go with him, he doesn't want to go. :cheesy: But, atleast I know I will always be there.

I really am amused by this all... How most hubbies cant stand shopping bf...but then we also have a few guys here that are as robust on the subject as some women.

But I have to say, My hubby lives for it.

Seriously.

I cannot wake his butt up for nada. Not even :sib: at 2 am any other day

But black friday....he's the one waking my butt up!! :banana01::2football Saying its Go Time hunny! Gotta Get in Line Like an Hour ago!

ugh men...I cant figure them out..

Funny ... Its the oposite for us ... DW is the one staying in bed ... while I go hit CompUSA and BB ...

But equally, I'm not going to bed on Thursday night, else there is no chance I'll be waking up in time ...

@

(Ashley on LongIsland :D)