Should I buy the toy now?

vonnyb

I want to buy my 2 year old the fisher price Learn Through Music Plus Learning System. I have checked several stores in our area walmart, target, Kmart and toys r us. All the stores are out of it except one Toys r us who has two in stock and is holding one for me to pick up tomorrow. I guess I should go ahead and buy it and not hold out for BF. Better safe than sorry. I just have a feeling that some one will have it on sale during BF. Also I have checked walmart online and it is out of stock and Target online says that it will ship in 2-6 weeks in other words it is out of stock. What do you guys think?:confused: Also the TRU that has is it is of course about an hour a way:(

TIA

I think you should get it while you can...saving a few dollars on it isn't worth the worry and stress of wondering if you'll get it at all. Last year I went through hell trying to get the Laugh & Learn house for my DD...I had a coupon for it plus a TRU gift card and TRU was out of it for like a month. I was calling down there every time they got a shipment to see if they had it. I did finally get it, and for the right price...but ugh. I'd skip all that if I had to do it over again.

I want to buy my 2 year old the fisher price Learn Through Music Plus Learning System. I have checked several stores in our area walmart, target, Kmart and toys r us. All the stores are out of it except one Toys r us who has two in stock and is holding one for me to pick up tomorrow. I guess I should go ahead and buy it and not hold out for BF. Better safe than sorry. I just have a feeling that some one will have it on sale during BF. Also I have checked walmart online and it is out of stock and Target online says that it will ship in 2-6 weeks in other words it is out of stock. What do you guys think?:confused: Also the TRU that has is it is of course about an hour a way:(

TIA

Not sure what TRU's return policy is but most stores it is 90 days, if you find it cheaper somewhere else, you can always return one to TRU....I do that especially around the holidays with "hot" toys, I do alot of returning...LOL:gd_artist

I was just at Toys R Us to pick up a doll for DD for Xmas and I asked about the return policy. I was told 90 days. If I find the doll cheaper before Xmas I will return this one to Toys R US. I'd say to go ahead and get it , hold on to your receipt so that you can return it if you find a better deal.

And I should add--thanks for clueing me in that they redesigned it, LOL. I had no idea. My 4 y/o got it a few years ago for Christmas and now it's my 23-month-old's favorite toy...but the screen was always kinda dark and now it's gotten yellowed and you can barely see anything through it. Looks like the new version has fixed that issue. I need to replace it for her.

If you see it now and fear it may be in short supply as the holiday nears get it. You can always return it. TRU hass a very liberal return policy starting 12/26. I have seen them take things as a return with ripped packaging and otehr things they would never normally accept.