Info about Toys R US

couponmamaoftwins

My closest Toys R Us is an hour away so this won't really effect me. But, I did want to share in case others can use the info. I don't know exactly the orginal source of this but it did come from another board I belong to.

"...if anyone is planning to PM at TRU you may want to think about taking your ads somewhere else. TRU will NOT be PMing on Black Friday. this came from the manager at the local TRU. Just a heads up so people can make alternate plans."

IT's like a DOMINO effect!!!!!!!! First Wal-mart and now Toy's R Us!!!!!!!! Whose next? Target claims they never price matched, but I KNOW that I did price match when they first opened in my area. If everyone didn't shop on Black Friday (call me a blasphemer) then maybe these stores would get the message, but I know that there are far too many people who would shop the deals--including me if they were good enough.

I'm in the minority on this, but I have no problem with it. If I run a store, why should I offer all not only my store's BF specials at (in many cases) below-cost, but then also have to provide the lower, (again in many cases) below-cost prices on other items that all the other stores offer. Just seems like a sound business decision. Should also keep the lines shorter without everyone coming to the register with their 14 different ads wanting lower prices on everything.

Just my opinion - flame away :P

I did go to Target last season and they did what they called a "price adjustment" for an item that they had on sale one week after I bought it, but I have never heard of them PM ing either. I worked for them AGES ago (like 13 years ago :) ) and I can't recall them doing it then.

Yeah...I don't remember TRU ever price-matching. And I don't really care. I've never really been a price-matcher. I just go to whoever has the lowest price.

You know the PX price matches though? Then you ass the no tax cause its on post and with the TN tax rate that makes it VERY worth it :)

Mara

I worked for Toys R Us a while back and as long as you had the AD from the other stores then they would PM! They had to tear the ad apart though and keep the picture or price of the item that was being PM'd! That might be the reason they aren't doing it this year b/c of taking too much time with so many people shopping!

I worked for Toys R Us a while back and as long as you had the AD from the other stores then they would PM! They had to tear the ad apart though and keep the picture or price of the item that was being PM'd! That might be the reason they aren't doing it this year b/c of taking too much time with so many people shopping!

Now that you say that I TOTALLY forgot (comes with age ;) ) that I DID PM robosapien last year. Kmart had it on sale for $79 and they were out of them. So I went to TRU to get it full price ($99). Standing in line a woman pulls out her ads and starts getting all these items PM'd. So I was like you do that here?? The cashier said yes, so I set the robot on the counter, said I would be right back, went to my truck, got the ad and had it PM'd. Man I can't believe I forgot that! :D I gotta get some ginko! LOL

I have always been sucessful at Target and TRU until this last year. Circuit City also stopped doing it as well. This year I will be taking my ads to the local military store here, they always advertise "Nobody Beats" and price match up to $5 difference just on verbal notice!

If they have good enough deals and enough of them I might go there and just go to the WalMart in the town where the TRU is. But I really don't like to do all of that driving, considering, our WalMart and our shopping center is right down the road from my house.

I wonder if they will be doing alot of online sales to that will make up for instore ones.....I have been doing their clearance online and been getting deals like items for $5.29 and free shipping....Its not this years hot toys but the toys are pretty nice. Jill

The TRU by me used to price match during the rest of the year but the past two BF they had signs saying we will not pm. Target did pm when they first opened in my area years ago but they haven't in a long time. Target does have a policy where you can adjust the price if you say you saw a lower priced sign and it is within a certain dollar amount. Just don't say you are price matching.