Prelit Christmas Trees

brynnfromtheblock

Did anyone find any good deals on Christmas Trees last year on BF? I want one of the prelit ones, preferrably at least 7.5 feet, multicolored lights, and not one of those slim ones. I looked the day after Christmas too and they were all gone... on that note does anyone have a prelit tree and how long do they last? I'm one of those people who buys new lights every year so I don't have to untangle them or find the one that's out... what is everyone elses experience with them?

I love my prelit tree!! I've had it for 2 years with no problems at all. Also I got a great deal on it. I picked it up at Hudsons which is a local buyout/salvage type shop here in the south. It is a 7 1/2 foot GE with multicolored lights. I thought Sears had some good sales last year on theirs. If you can wait you might be able to get a great deal a few days before Christmas - alot of places mark them down that week of xmas.

Guest Deals4Me

I got mine at Value City. it was get this.... 3.50. hehehe....It was an additional 90% off the marked clearance. Man, I practically ran a manager over to buy it.

Its 6.5 feet, white lites.. (makes me happy, but not hubby) and it was perfect till my son pulled a few lites out, so now I have to figure which, or have the bottom branches not work...erg

I bought my Pre lit tree at Big Lots two years ago. It was only 20.00 and I love it. NO needles no lights to untangle just pull it out the box and stand it up.

Last year Walmart had a 7' prelit tree for 39.99. I'm sure they will have it again this year they usually have it every year.

We got ours several years ago. I love it! It is no hassle, just open the box, straighten the limbs and decorate! I think several stores usually have some on sale for BF. We got ours from Walmart before Christmas but it was a great deal (at the time ;) ). We had found one at Target on display for a better deal, but they were sold out, so we went to Walmart and paid a little more but it was worth it!

I really recomment them too. My parents bought one during the after christmas clearances. I think they got it at Home Depot. This will be there first year of putting it up and the first year of no arguing on what strand of lights are out! I hate finding that one bulb that makes it go out!

Guest DigDoug

I need to pick one up this year after Christmas. I doubt I will be putting up a tree this year unless things start to pick up with the girl I am dating.

Last year, we had a real Christmas tree and it was wonderful! However, when it was time to take it down, I had pine needles all over and they hurt when they are dry!

I got our's 4 years ago at our K-Mart when they were going out of business. It is an 8 ft. tree, reg. 199.99, I got it for 17.00!!! We absolutely love it. It is beautiful and is so easy to put up and take down. I would recommend them to anyone who doesn't like untangling lights.

I'm also going to chime in on how much I love my prelit tree. We got a 7' prelit with fiber optics (which you can turn off separately).

Trust me when I say that this has been a blessing on my level of stress during the holiday season. :woot2: My biggest fight with hubby was over the lights.

We have a 7.5 ft pre-lit tree that I purchased at Lowe's for about $125 about 4 years ago. It is a huge hassle to put up and to put away because it is very heavy and awkward to handle. It is in 3 huge pieces that no Christmas tree bag will accomodate. Also, the lights only worked on part of it, so we had to add more lights the second year. I will definately go back to the original kind next time!

• 2 weeks later...
Have a fiber-optic one, well really about three of them that I always put up, but this year I found one in a catalog for 49.99 that is 6 ft tall, revolves and plays 21 Christmas favs, plus you get a 25 pc. ornament set with it. I think that this will be mine this CHristmas....guess I better hurry and order it!! Oh it is from Brylane Home. Love the fiber-optic ones!!