walmart christmas 75% off

Kandy

I called my Walmart at 9:30 pm last night and I said "is your Christmas 50% or 75% off", she said 75%, I said "Really? It's 75% off"? She said, yes, what's left. So I quickly drove over there only to find out it was still 50%!!! I was not too happy. Then they found the clerk that answered the phone for me and she said that "I'm sorry that you misunderstood me". NOT! I'm a career shopper and I know what I'm doing and I know what she said. I have a letter ready to send the manager but I'm not sure if I will do it. I usually let that stuff slide but she kept saying that I misunderstood HER and that made me mad!

Yep I just got back from Walmart. I forgot to mention above that I talked to customer service and the night manager and I did say to them that I better not find out it goes 75% off at midnight (which was in just a few hours). I called Walmart after I read the above post and sure enough the lady told me it was 75% off and I asked if she was sure and she said they told us yesterday it would go at midnight (last night). Ya think the manager could have told me last night????? They are getting a letter for sure from me now. The manager in seasonal was very nice. I told him the story and he said they should have just gone ahead and given it to me at that price. The least they could have done was tell me to come back at midnight 'cause I'm up late every night anyway. Arrrggggg. Talk about mis-communication. But it's Walmart, what do I expect right????

I called my Walmart at 9:30 pm last night and I said "is your Christmas 50% or 75% off", she said 75%, I said "Really? It's 75% off"? She said, yes, what's left. So I quickly drove over there only to find out it was still 50%!!! I was not too happy. Then they found the clerk that answered the phone for me and she said that "I'm sorry that you misunderstood me". NOT! I'm a career shopper and I know what I'm doing and I know what she said. I have a letter ready to send the manager but I'm not sure if I will do it. I usually let that stuff slide but she kept saying that I misunderstood HER and that made me mad!

Don't you hate it when people can't admit they are wrong? Drives me insane.... IMO it woulda been SO MUCH better for her to say oops, it goes live tomorrow at 75% or whatever... but for her to look at you and blatantly lie? Ohhh - the things that make me tick!

Got great deals. The hefty plates with trees and seran wrap and holiday kleenex were not scanning at75 off but manager changed it for me. They still had that stuff as winter not christmas even though it has prsents ornaments and trees on them

Is that why saran wrap and tissues with snowflakes weren't ringing up as 75%-- because they are considered "winter"?? I was all excited to find them... then disappointed when I scanned.

yup. manager changed them. they tried to say it was not christmas specific. I begged to differ and he changed them all.

You would think after all these years they would be more organized about this kind of stuff. Geez, is it that hard for the store to have the right things in the right place and have their employees know what's going on?. Doesn't seem that difficult to me.

Got great deals. The hefty plates with trees and seran wrap and holiday kleenex were not scanning at75 off but manager changed it for me. They still had that stuff as winter not christmas even though it has prsents ornaments and trees on them

My store wouldn't change them for me even though it was in lawn and garden mixed in with all the Christmas stuff. They said that they would give it to me for 50% off since they hadn't changed their signs yet and the signs still said 50%, because "that's what the sign says". My sis said when she went back it was all still there and the signs said 75% off, but I didn't feel like going back. Also, NONE of the Christmas party favors were ringing right at either store and at the first one the CSM didn't want the cashier to mark them down for me!! She kept saying, "It is what it rings", but luckily I knew the cashier and she ignored her. LOL. The same CSM refused to mark down a tree for my friend that was still ringing full price!!! UGH!

i called yesterday and they told me that lots of the Christmas had gone 75 off but when i got there all the signs still said 50 off i was going to get some stuff anyways because we live far away and i knew i wouldn't be back, but then i saw there was one sign by candy that said all candy and gift sets 75 off. There was a ton of stuff left because i guess no one was buying it because they thought it was only half up but everything rang up 75 off even my wrapping paper rang up 75 off which made me wonder how much was really already 75 off.

Tons of trees left thus afternoon at strongsville Ohio. There were about ten white trees left and at least 100 green trees. 6.5foot green tree prelit was $9.50 at 75% off I don't remember the size if the white but it was reg $40. I really wanted the white tree but I'm pretty sure my dh would have shot me.

I spent way too much ... but found sooo much! I got Christmas bows, lights, cookie cutters, several Tote xmas sets like valet, table top hockey, lights, a couple cologne...all 75% off. Dish towels and sets of 2 potholders - 37 cents each. Small handle paper bags were a quarter. Needless to say my car was filled and my storage closet will be getting reorganized and filled next week. Oh today they had Ziploc quart and gallon winter bags and saran wrap for $1 each and I had coupons.....got 12 total...I am stocked (these I found where the candy was and not in Xmas part) woo hoo...(didn't get the hefty plates yesterday and they said weren't marked down but none to be found today..hmm) Hope everyone is having a great start in the new year! Happy New Year everyone.

canfleece where in Oh???

In the Canton area....I found the most at the Alliance store and the one on 62...I didn't bother to go to the one at the strip as I figured it was picked over. Not sure what they have now as people were grabbing (like me lol)....Good luck if you venture out.

Seriously, im exhausted!!! Started at Walmart at 8am. Went to 4 of them total (Greensboro & Kernersville NC). Got a TON of stuff to put away for Angel Tree shopping next year. We spent about $300 but walked away with $1200 worth of stuff. We also get the bath and body type sets and give them to women looking for work (its a great "Pick me up" for them) that have been going through rough times. I get to feed my bargain shopping cravings and help tons of people at the same time. Today was a kick butt day!

Seriously, im exhausted!!! Started at Walmart at 8am. Went to 4 of them total (Greensboro & Kernersville NC). Got a TON of stuff to put away for Angel Tree shopping next year. We spent about $300 but walked away with $1200 worth of stuff. We also get the bath and body type sets and give them to women looking for work (its a great "Pick me up" for them) that have been going through rough times. I get to feed my bargain shopping cravings and help tons of people at the same time. Today was a kick butt day!

That's awesome that you do that. I shop for the Shoebox Project so I know what you mean.

Did anyone get the Disney plush with the matching fleece throw for $2.50? The sign still says $5.00 but the seasonal manager told me they were 75% off too. I got Disney Princess, Disney Fairy and one Toy Story all for gifts for next Christmas.

They are still full price at my stores. :( DD wanted the Tinkerbell one.

Some of the better items I got (other than the obvious gifty items) were the pillow and throw set ($2.50) in solid colors. Sign still said $10! Also the 2pc Disney PJ sets for infants and toddlers... $1 !!!!! We purchased about 20 sets lol.

Tons of trees left thus afternoon at strongsville Ohio. There were about ten white trees left and at least 100 green trees. 6.5foot green tree prelit was $9.50 at 75% off I don't remember the size if the white but it was reg $40. I really wanted the white tree but I'm pretty sure my dh would have shot me.

The only white trees our stores carried were the 6 1/2 foot ones. We were looking all over for a 7 1/2 foot and 6 1/2 seemed to be the magic size everywhere. :( We did get one last week for next year though, but still paid a pretty penny for it! :(

kicking myself, yesterday my daughter and I stopped and all the signs said 50%, there was not one sign that said 75% and I didn't scan....why, because there are no scanners? They redid our store (the recent refurb) and I can't find scanners. We did finally found one at the back of the store but we were tired from the Target run to go back-grab something and then go back to the scanner. Is other stores like that too or are there other scanners we are not finding.....

I stopped in yesterday in Conway, AR...the Christmas stuff 75% off. Picked up of Walton's iciing in tubes reg $5 got it for $1.25 , crafts items for .30 cents, twirlie signs .30 all and all pretty good. Cashier did not know what 75% of anything was. I wasn't correcting either. Sorry!!

I made a haul at our walmart (blackwell, ok) today. They had TONS of lights, wrapping paper, power stakes and extension cords. I loaded 2 carts full of stuff! DH checked out so I didn't realize until we were in the car but the cashier was manually overriding to do the 75% off even though they were ringing up 75% off. I ended up paying $52 for $1600 worth the stuff :) I didn't notice until DH said the lady had to manually enter the discount and I got scared that she had rang it up wrong. She did ring it up wrong, but I'm not complaining!

kicking myself, yesterday my daughter and I stopped and all the signs said 50%, there was not one sign that said 75% and I didn't scan....why, because there are no scanners? They redid our store (the recent refurb) and I can't find scanners. We did finally found one at the back of the store but we were tired from the Target run to go back-grab something and then go back to the scanner. Is other stores like that too or are there other scanners we are not finding.....

They redid my closest store too-right before Black friday :rolleyes:

I can only think of 3 scanners now on the GM side of the store and those things are so LOUD.

Our stores seem like they have taken most of them out. You have to go ask a cashier to check the price if you need it. Most of ours still at least have one, somewhere, but even then, it's difficult to get the items to even scan and if you have multiple items, it takes forever.