Amazing Amanda Doll

hpowers

My 10 year old had to have Amazing Ally when she came out and she was fun for about a week. After that we dubbed her Annoying Ally. Hopefully Amazing Amanda is better than Ally. Every time we turned that doll off, we had to reset her clock. Drove us nuts! Hopefully Amanda is more Amazing than Ally was.

Guest Deals4Me

I thought the premise was cool...but alas, its creepy. But there has been dolls similar to her before. I dont remember the names...but I have a pic of me sitting on the couch with her when I was 3, and you cant tell who the doll is on first glance...

creepy....yes....the doll surely is. And horror movie phrase? LMAO...so funny.

I saw her advertised at Walmart for $99. I just don't see paying that for a doll. I don't even think Im going the baby doll route this year. My daughter age 5 literally has dozens of them and most are in the toy box or on the toy shelves. 5 Cabbage Patch Dolls that were opened on last christmas (some given by my mom and mother-in-law). They are still sitting pretty in her room. LOL.

Nice concept though, but pricey. A tad creepy, but Im sure she will be a big hit this year.

Guest all2tired
Even though I hated to pay $99 for a doll, I try to get 1 toy for Christmas that my kid's want more than anything (within reason). I know $99 isn't really within reason but considering most of the other gifts are coming from really good sales. Anyway, my daughter wanted this doll for Christmas. So I searched everywhere on line and everybody was out of stock. Even KB toys says to put in order for back order then says they are sold out so you can't even do that. I called TRU and they had 1 doll which they held for me. The woman said they only ship 2 dolls at a time to the stores so if you are seriously considering getting one, I'd get it now and then look to see if it shows up on a BF list and then do what you need to do. JMO

I am waiting for the amazing amanda ethnic one to come out. She has a tan and brown hair. My daughter really wants this. It costs so much cause it recognizes your daughter's voice as her mommy and if it isn't your daughter's voice she said you are not my mommy (or something like that). I think TRU has them online now for 89.99. I know I saw them somewhere yesterday for that price.

Regarding Shipping 2 dolls at a time - Wonder why that is?! The My Scene Miami Getaway Hotel Room with Delancey Doll was never in stock at TRU when I wanted it. Finally, I asked an associate and he went back to the stockroom and looked it up for me and said that they would only get two in at a time. I think he said it had something to do with the manufacturing of the product and there being some problem. Anyway, he told me when the next two would be in and I finally got one then. My daughter wants it for Christmas and it was just wrapped today!

~H~

Even though I hated to pay $99 for a doll, I try to get 1 toy for Christmas that my kid's want more than anything (within reason). I know $99 isn't really within reason but considering most of the other gifts are coming from really good sales. Anyway, my daughter wanted this doll for Christmas. So I searched everywhere on line and everybody was out of stock. Even KB toys says to put in order for back order then says they are sold out so you can't even do that. I called TRU and they had 1 doll which they held for me. The woman said they only ship 2 dolls at a time to the stores so if you are seriously considering getting one, I'd get it now and then look to see if it shows up on a BF list and then do what you need to do. JMO

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting for the amazing amanda ethnic one to come out. She has a tan and brown hair. My daughter really wants this. It costs so much cause it recognizes your daughter's voice as her mommy and if it isn't your daughter's voice she said you are not my mommy (or something like that). I think TRU has them online now for 89.99. I know I saw them somewhere yesterday for that price.

I saw it today on TRU for 89.99 and Etoys for 99.99. She is just as cute as the original!!!I have ordered one for my daughter. I hated the price, but it's the 1 thing she just has been talking about nonstop! :D

My 6 year old wants one too. Wal Mart and Toys R Us both still had them a couple days ago. They were selling for $89.99. I am not sure if I am going to get her though. Seems like a lot of money for a doll and my daughter has her share of dolls that shes decided to give "makeovers" to.

We had amazing Ally and Amazing Baby, My daughter loved them both, I always try to get them what they want, TRU has them for 89.99 My therory is if they want it from Santa and I can get it then I will, whether I think it's dumb or not, We have had Furbies, all the Bratz stuff, Santa brough the Limo and the Stage they were played with once, You just never know what they will play with or not.

I bought my daughter Amazing Ally about the year she came out. Unfortunately DD was too young to appreciate the doll, but the reason I got it was because TRU had it clearanced in March for 19.99. If she REALLY wants it go for it--It's Christmas. If she just saw it and casually said, I want it, I would hold off. Might be a great (and cheap)Easter gift.