What were the big hits?

fluffkin79

So now that the gifts have been given, which ones were the biggest hits? For us the biggest hit was MIL's Wii. She's been wanting it for a couple years, but wasn't expecting to get one.

The kids haven't had a whole lot of time to inspect their new stuff yet, but the first thing they chose to play with was paint-your-own "piggy" banks ($5.99, Kmart). DS4 can't keep his hands off his new fire truck or sunglasses. I'm enjoying the cheap years while they last.

Hmmmm well I think for my 80 year old Dad it was just the fact I finally let him at his presents!!! His favorite was all the Bugs Bunny clothing I managed to find for him throughout the year. (Would you believe.....after everything is open, and I am cleaning up boxes and ribbons and he is clipping tags off of his new clothes (because he is ready to wash them and wear them NOW!) he is already saying/asking...."It's almost time for my birthday isn't it?!?!"

For my 80 year old mom....well she says she "just loves everything...can't pick a favorite" but the real truth of it is -- she loved all the dark chocolate that she received. (I don't know why I bother getting anything else!) Mom got into it early and it was all gone by Christmas. On Christmas morning she was eyeballing Dad's fudge covered ritz crackers and his Lindt's chocolates.

The cats - the blind Siamese is already "plucking" his new bird toys and the other 2 Siamese are happily playing with the homemade catnip toys "granny" made for them.

I have not yet heard from the kids I bought for.

Hope everyone out there was pleased with what they were given! :cheesy:

Biggest hits.... Hmmm, the m&ms I gave my 2 brothers? My oldest son's 1T portable drive, my niece loved the jewelry I sent, in fact I think I've gotten the biggest thank yous from her. She finally also got her birthday gift in the same package, the pearls my dad started for me when I was just a little girl and he added the last pearls for my wedding. Don't have any girls of my own, so I sent them to her for her 18th bday in august, but my mom who was in charge of delivery kept forgetting them... So I got to talk to her on the phone last night right after she opened them and tell her how much they meant to me and how I thought my dad would be pleased to see her wear them. Other than that, the gift cards for the boys were the biggest hits, cuz they can get what they want.

The biggest hit by far was for mom. We are bringing her on a disney cruise! I thought she was going to faint..lol. So we were all thrilled that she was so happy. As far as my kids my dd8 loved all of her stuff from justice, my dd4's favorite was all of her new dolls, and my ds2 is terrified of bigfoot so it is def not that...hehe. I think his fave is all his cars!! My fave was my coach bag of course =) and dh seemed most excited about his new rowenta steam iron.

I took DD7 shopping with me on Dec. 23. She dicovered spinbrush toothbrushes and just HAD to have one. I let her know that my shopping was done and it was too late to be adding anything to the list. Fortunatly Santa must have had some lying around, because there was one in her stocking on Christmas morning. DD7 and DD5 each got one and they were pretty excited about it. I had to keep kicking them out of the bathroom yesterday because they wouldn't stop brushing thier teeth!

My DD loved her Uggs and her Chi flat iron. DS actually like Call of Duty Black Ops for Xbox even though he kept saying he did not want it. DH was thrilled to get a piece of the Daytona track since they resurfaced it in 2010. He was very surprised (he is now saying he owns a piece of Daytona). All in all everyone loved everything.

We are on our way to my Sister's to give them their presents so will update what my Nephew says when he gets his GPS and all the stuff for his 1st car.

My Nephew loved his gifts. He said he needed a GPS and loves the stufff in the bag. W got him jumper cables, tools for his car, a detailing kit, cleaning supplies, flares, a ice scraper and brush (which he will good use of since we are in the middle of a blizzard.

Edited by racerfan

Surprisingly enough, DD17 loved everything that she got! When she doesn't give lists and we have to assume what she would like, it's a monumental feat when we get it right lol

The most favorite thing she was playing with yesterday was a Criss Angel magic kit and a game for her DS that she got. The money of course was also a hit and she is already out shopping this morning LOL

I took DD7 shopping with me on Dec. 23. She dicovered spinbrush toothbrushes and just HAD to have one. I let her know that my shopping was done and it was too late to be adding anything to the list. Fortunatly Santa must have had some lying around, because there was one in her stocking on Christmas morning. DD7 and DD5 each got one and they were pretty excited about it. I had to keep kicking them out of the bathroom yesterday because they wouldn't stop brushing thier teeth!

What a great problem to have though, hope they continute to enjoy the spinbrushes and clean teeth...LOL

DH really liked all of the itunes cards I gave him. (Targets $60 of itunes cards for $48) He has already purchased Inception, 3 different albums and a program or two for his iPad and he still has money left on his cards. :D He also really likes the butter crock that I put in his stocking. (You put the butter in the lid and water in the base and it keeps the butter soft.)

My Mom LOVES her necklace that we had made with our names!!! I knew she would love it, but it is always great to hear it! :D

My Dad LOVES his pressure cooker. Yay!

My brother is very happy with his Colorado Buffaloes Snuggie. He LOVES to read and it can get chilly in his apartment in Germany.

I found it at Walgreens. They were $19.99, but had a $9.99 tag on it. I didn't realize that the tag was old, but the lady at Walgreens sold it to me for $9.99 since the tag had never been removed. I would have bought it for $19.99, but when it rang up $19.99 and she saw the $9.99 tag and she adjusted the price right away. I don't shop at Walgreens often, (a little out of my way) but I will shop there more now because I received such great customer service when I shopped there a few times this season.

Our pup LOVES the beef liver treats we gave her and the Woodstock toy that my Mom gave her.

I hope that the Angel tree gifts we gave were big hits too. I just love the bear that we made at Build A Bear for one of the little girls and I hope she does too.

One of my favorite gifts was an unexpected one. I got to talk to one of my best and oldest friends for over an hour last night! We email, but we haven't talked on the phone in a very long time. She lives in the UK and phone calls can get expensive, but she was finally able to get Skype so we got to talk and the first five minutes we both cried because we were so happy to talk to each other!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by Kibit13

Biggest Hits - and odd ones on a few...

1. Oldest DD - 28 (spa GC)

2. Middle DD and Son-in-Law - GPS

3. Teen Son (age 14) PS3

4. DH - LL Bean Clothes

5. Mom - Blind Side DVD (she has been Dying to see it)

6. Dog - New Blanket

7. Cats - new ball toys my mom get them

8. Grand-son (10) Some kind of remote control battle figure that you can knock the head off with (NO IDEA)

9. Youngest (at this point) Grand-son (age 14 months) - the empty boxes to pound on

10. Me - I loved it all - but the Whole Leg of Lamb to go with the rotisserie My Mom gave us is going to be the tastiest! ;)

DD8 barely put down her ipod touch the entire day. SHe also put on her new UGGS from MomMom as soon as she opened them. She also likes her fuzzy socks.

DS8 oddly enough played with the Clone Wars yo yo for quite a while that I got from the dollar spot at Target for 50% off! We set up the xbox 360 and kinect for him today but we can't get the kinect to recognize him :( Will try again later after he comes in from the snow.

DD2 loves just about everything except her clothes. She keeps blowing raspberries at them!

I love my laptop desk and DH can't wait til it warms up to play his new washers game.

DS#1 OBD2 scanner

DS#2 Smallville DVD's

DS #3 Newest Need for Speed for Xbox

DD #1 Kitchen Aid mixer

DS #4 Wireless connection for x box

DIL #1 Don't know

DIL #2 Either her knife set or the crayon tower (she loves to color)

DIL #3 Cricut machine

Parents and in laws probably the cups with DD7's picture

Brother PS3 from parents

SIL her diamond braclet and ring from her DH

DGS his ball popper and wagon (just turned 1)

Nephew rocking horse

DD7 loves her Barbie camper, her nook from me and the grandparents. She also loves the MP3 player from DD's DH.( he had her name) They even took her favorite CD's and loaded them so it was ready when she got it.

Ds 15- rc drifter car and 1/24 scale mustang-waiting for dad to get home to hook up new computer

me- my oh soo soft robe and vera bradley weekender

dh- has been at work since 2 yesterday because of the snow

cat- finally likes his new bed after he was first scared of it then peed on it and I had to wash it.

My mom loved her digital frame so that was great. DH loved loved his Tom Tom that I got him. I wasn't sure about it when I bought it so I'm glad he can't leave it alone. And thanks to a suggestion from a forum member my grandmother really enjoyed a family photos calendar I made her on Snapfish.

One of the things we bought my in-laws was a Philips 32" LCD HDTV for their living room. I then moved their 27" tube tv to their bedroom, which replaced a 19" tube tv that I moved to their spare room, which replaced an absolutely ancient 19" tube tv that I'll be taking to Goodwill for them. Upgrades all around! I normally don't get service plans, but Target had a 3-year no-questions-asked plan for $29, so we bought that for them too.

I was a little surprised how much my kids liked EVERYTHING they got this year. Usually there's at least one dog, but not this time.

For my son (age 6), he LOVES his Terrordactyl (interactive pterodactyl) and hour glass (with blue sand). For my daughter (age 8), she loves her professional microphone/stand/amp and her art set with easel.

As for me, I love my Droid docking station - I finally got rid of my Sony Cube alarm clock that I've had since 7th grade.

Biggest hits for me this year:

Given- the bluray player I got my BF and DH (Walmart-BF). They were truly flabbergasted and suprised and very grateful. BF opened Disney bluray combo's 1st and was about to tell me they didn't have a player :)

Received- the Disney Nightmare Before Christmas ornament set my brother and DW got me. (If only I can find the hand blown set on ebay somewhere :( I couldn't find it on webiste and didn't purchase before since I couldn't decide and had a shopping cart with 30+items in it.)