Post Holiday Blues-anyone else get them?

HansieDZ

I work so hard for 2 months and all of a sudden,it's OVER :(

I'm trying to focus on the good things,but I always get sad this time of year,after the hustle and bustle is over.

I realize I'm truly blessed,but I think I just need a little more time to enjoy the season.

How do you handle the after-Christmas period?

Are you relieved it's all over and ready to get back to normal life?

Or do you feel like it just rushed right past and you wonder where time went?

By the time I get it all put away I feel better. I am thankful that I had most of my kids with me this year and my parents, brother and his wife too. Life does seem to slow down a lot after Christmas, but for me I think it's more the shorter days, and cold weather that make me blah!!.

I TOTALLY get the after Christmas blues! The season goes by way too fast and then there is not much to look foward to except for cold weather, bills, n no more fun activities for a while. So I try to focus on my kids birthdays. Its a silly rule but I m a big time planner so the rule is I dont think about bdays until after CHristmas is over and then I dont think about CHristmas until birthdays are over. ( My kids bdays are spread bewtween March -July) Which works out for me because by August Im ready to start my holiday planning again =)

I totally get the Blues after Christmas.... All the plotting and planning is done. In fact this year it started about 3 days before Christmas when I realized there was no last minute surprise to go get for someone. Miss the days when the boys were small and there was always something last minute to do... Guess I need to find new activities for the days just before Christmas.... At least until the boys find wives and give me grandbabies, not too soon on that I hope..LOL

I get the blues for sure. The lack of SUNSHINE in my area adds to it. I MISS THE LIGHTS and FESTIVE Decor. I think if there were something else to put up and "get into" it wouldn't be so bad. I mean I used to decorate a little for valentines day, but that was only for like 2 weeks...and it is NOT the same at all.

The leaf-less trees, the cold, the GREY sky, and the absence of color all around is completely depressing.

Think that is why I have my rooms painted various colors...if they were all white this time of year, I'd just shrivel up and die....

Can we all brainstorm on how to get thru the blues (not just positive attitude talk and exercise) I mean daily solutions on how to not get bummed out/depressed?

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

I miss seeing all of the decorations and hearing the music. I am always excited for Christmas to get here and then it seems like its over too quickly.

For me, I think I get bummed because I just enjoy all of the planning, shopping, wrapping and all of the other preparation. So when I am finished with everything, I get kinda bummed. :D

Edited by Kibit13

Everyone seemed happy with their gifts (God-Send). Tivoed enough Christmas movies to get me past Jan. 1st (and then some)... sorry that ALL of the GREAT sales are over - NO - they are even better, now... guess my holiday let down came on Christmas Eve this year... realizing that my "Baby Boy" - age 14 would rather spend Christmas with his Girl-Friend than the family - and how Each of my kids have grown and had "other places" to be and MORE important places to go... that WOKE ME UP to the fact that things will NEVER be quite the same... Life changes - I know - but I guess it all happened when I wasn't looking - SAD for me - but happy for all them.... impossible to put into words... but - I can say... "enjoy your little ones - while they are little"... they grow up WAY Too fast - and you then ONLY have the memories... Enjoy EACH day as an etched picture in your mind- for you may think it shall ALWAYS BE - and Never comes again!