Ladies: When BF shopping, Do you Carry a Purse?

elena_398

True, I highly doubt you'll be stopped by an immigration officer during Black Friday :2pimp:

I've never been stopped by an immigration officer, but you never know. And an American visa is a precious thing. If they ask you, and you don't have it, if they deport you, your visa is cancelled. I wouldn't risk it for anything. (well, except for my baby, I guess...)

This is a marathon event for me. No purse...it stays in the trunk until I'm done. Keys and two credit cards with license along with my list. Everything fits in the zipper pocket of my red jacket. The phone goes in my zipper pocket too. The less I have, the faster I can move and the less I have to worry about losing or being stolen in the crowds. Wal-mart can get pretty crowded and I've heard people say that they've had their wallets and cell phones stolen in the crowds. I might add that I never keep any keys on the same ring as my car key. That way, if I ever get car jacked, they don't have my house and other keys. Also, the weight of alot of keys on the car keyring can wear out the ignition switch, according to my mechanic.

Couldn't you get one of those hidden body wallets or pouches that you wear under your clothes? That way you could carry your passport/visa on you but it would be out of sight from being stolen.

That's a good idea!!! My aunt said she's not afraid of the crowds, that she faces crowded subways and buses in Rio de Janeiro every day, and there's nothing more dangerous than that! Well, that's true, here our parents teach us how to keep our purses from getting stolen on the bus, and what to do in case of mugging... But I was never in the middle of such situations with my passport and visa. But the body wallet is a great idea, thanks!:D

PS: The foreigner is officially confused... genoandkiddo, what's a "chapstick"?

Im with greatmom, fanny pack. I never worry about being in style, espeically when I am shopping!!!!!

My thoughts exactly. And may I add, that I think a fanny pack would be a lot safer to carry. I would never carry a regular purse or just put my money and cards in a pocket. Way too easy for a thief to get away with your stuff.

But how can you fit everything but the kitchen sink into a fanny pack?

Welcome to the forums :gd_orange

Thanks for your welcome! I lurked last year at this site and I really appreicated the advance scoop on the BF sales

In answer to your question, simple, I only carry a little money, my one card and my ID. My keys go in my jeans pocket I travel light! :gd_orange

Chapstick is a lip balm for dry or chapped lips.

Amie

Thanks for the explanation, Amie!

My aunt said we will carry only one fanny pack, and we'll put the passports in the hiden body wallets. And walkie-talkies to communicate, as we are going to split up and then meet again.

That's a good idea!!! My aunt said she's not afraid of the crowds, that she faces crowded subways and buses in Rio de Janeiro every day, and there's nothing more dangerous than that! Well, that's true, here our parents teach us how to keep our purses from getting stolen on the bus, and what to do in case of mugging... But I was never in the middle of such situations with my passport and visa. But the body wallet is a great idea, thanks!:D

You're welcome. Glad I could help. I've seen those for sale in catalogs and in some places that sell travel items. :)

I went to Walmart the other day and bought a pocket sized wallet. It has slots to put credit card/debit card and license. I will also put my $ in there. Thanks guys. Im sure my husband will feel better too! I was thinking more about it and it does make sense to free up the arms/hands!

I went to Walmart the other day and bought a pocket sized wallet. It has slots to put credit card/debit card and license. I will also put my $ in there. Thanks guys. Im sure my husband will feel better too! I was thinking more about it and it does make sense to free up the arms/hands!

That's it! I'll try to do the same. Then I'll only have to pay attention to the great deals!!

I've shopped both ways -- with a purse and without. I definitely prefer not having a purse with me now. I am fortunate to be in RI, by BF it is generally freezing/snowy here, so I can wear jeans (keep cash/credt cards in the pockets), and a heavy zippered sweatshirt over the other layers (which has deep, zippered pockets for the cell phone and keys). As the day goes on and it starts to thaw out, I can take layers off under the sweatshirt and still leave that on to hold my small accessories.

Hint: If your weather is on the cold side for BF shopping, get some hand warmers to put in your gloves. They only cost a buck and they last me from 3AM till 5 when KB Toys opens up. After that, the adrenaline keeps you warm LOL.

I suggest leaving the purse at home this year. Plan your shopping outfit out well in advance, make sure you've got lots of pockets, warm clothes if needed, comfy shoes and you will be good to go! :)

Melissa

:giggle: I guess I am just different.

It is usually 40-50 degrees or so here, so a huge coat is not an option. I hate to get in stores and then have to deal with the coat. I have found a great bag, that stays on my shoulder, doesn't get in the way, and holds all the things I need when I shop. I can also see me juggling all of those things in my pockets and losing something.

Not only that, but I really would feel naked!:g_laughin

Amie

:giggle: I guess I am just different.

It is usually 40-50 degrees or so here, so a huge coat is not an option. I hate to get in stores and then have to deal with the coat. I have found a great bag, that stays on my shoulder, doesn't get in the way, and holds all the things I need when I shop. I can also see me juggling all of those things in my pockets and losing something.

Not only that, but I really would feel naked!:g_laughin

Amie

That's why my aunt is carrying the purse!!!:D

I carry a purse but, I make sure it has long straps and I put it over my shouler across my chest (so that the actually bag is sitting right in front) underneath a too big coat (its usually pretty frigid that morning). You would have to rip my coat off to get to it lol.

No - I have my cell phone wrist carrier. It's big enough to have all of the essentials but I can just slide it over my wrist but keep it in clutched in my palm when I'm in the middle of a big crowd: phone, debit card, a pocket for my list, a pocket for my receipts, and a quick snap for my keys.