Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

walmart Instore sale starting Friday(12-17) at 9pm

83 replies to this topic

#61 jade#1  OFFLINE  

jade#1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 3:04 am

i got the wii on black friday with a 50.00 dollar gc at walmart i wonder if i take it back can they give me a 25.00 dollar gc i just bought it 3 weeks ago and they have a better deal today so temted

#62 weenier  OFFLINE  

weenier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 4:59 am

My wife and i went to walmart last night. got there about 9:15. i had to cash my check so i told her to go to electronics and get the PS3 that was on sale(i already had one but it is old). so i cash my check and start to electronics here she comes with the PS3. glad i sent her to get it. it was the last one in the store . and she only got it because she saw it behind the counter and asked about it..i was suprised to find out it also came with 2 games which it didn't say that in the add....excellent deal PS3 with 2 games and controller for $199

#63 richmond282  OFFLINE  

richmond282

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 6:31 am

Just returned from my WM in Clio, MI. The U-Build Monopoly and Connect 4 were ringing for the sale price. I checked the U-Build Mouse Trap and Battleship, but they were $15. I printed a $3 coupon from the coupons website mentioned earlier and copied it 7 more times. I bought the only 2 Connect 4's on the shelf and 6 Monopoly games and was able to use all 8 coupons even though the coupon was only for Monopoly!!

Copying coupons is illegal. Walmart won't get reimbursed from the company for those. Actions like this are why legit couponers have such trouble using coupons.

#64 kmaynor  OFFLINE  

kmaynor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 6:46 am

So geeked about the U Build!! I picked up 3 Monopoly and 1 of the connect 4! My husband asked me what I was going to do with 3 and then later on at his work Christmas party they were talking about how they were adopting 3 families this year who weren't going to get help from anyone else.

#65 Jo'momma  OFFLINE  

Jo'momma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 7:25 am

I ran to my Wal-Mart at 7:30 and there was a line of 30 and all red Wiis sold out.So I jumped in the car and was headed to another Wal-Mart 15 minutes away.As I did my husband called and they told him they were out of Wiis as well, but I figured I'd go anyways as I had a hunch.I got to the counter at 7:50and found out I was number 2 in line.They were letting you buy the white/black Wiis ahead of time, but if you wanted the red Wii you had to wait till 9pm. The sales people did not know how many red Wiis were on their truck till the pallet was brought out at 2 minutes to 9.The guy in front of me in line and I both noticed there was only 2 red Wiis on the pallet.We kind of felt bad for the 20 behind us. I thought only having 2 red Wiis was awful for this store, and also thought the person in charge should have atleast known how many red ones were on the truck so all these other people wouldn't have to waste their time in line waiting till 9.The first Wal-Mart I was at seemed to know when all their red ones were gone, thankfully, if not I would have waited in that line and would'nt have gotten one either.

#66 beccasbank  OFFLINE  

beccasbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 9:19 am

Copying coupons is illegal. Walmart won't get reimbursed from the company for those. Actions like this are why legit couponers have such trouble using coupons.

Can someone post a link where I can see that this is in fact illegal? I had no idea this was illegal. The 2 coupons I printed looked exactly the same, so I figured I was allowed.

#67 jessifarr  OFFLINE  

jessifarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 9:22 am

Can someone post a link where I can see that this is in fact illegal? I had no idea this was illegal. The 2 coupons I printed looked exactly the same, so I figured I was allowed.

On coupons themselves they say no copies or reproductions.

#68 Cinnamonhuskies  OFFLINE  

Cinnamonhuskies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 9:22 am

what about using the $15 gift card with $150 purchase offer that came in the mail Black Friday week on the $177 wii at Target? That would make the final price $162. Its something.

In memory of Cinnamon 1998-2010 and Myka 2001-2015

Dog mom to Remington

#69 MelissaS  OFFLINE  

MelissaS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 11:17 am

I went last night and bought the red Wii for $177 w/ the $75 giftcard. They had no problems ad matching Target's ad. The manager just had to come over with a key to override the price. Went back to a different Walmart today with my Mom and she bought the black Wii and they ad matched for her as well.

#70 cberrytech  OFFLINE  

cberrytech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 12:53 pm

I honestly don't see how it matters. Either you hit Copy, Qty 2 - or you hit Print, Qyt 2. The website does not limit the amount of times you can print the coupon, so it shouldn't matter if you are printing them one at a time, or copying them 10 at a time.

#71 kathytheshopper  OFFLINE  

kathytheshopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 1:01 pm

My wife and i went to walmart last night. got there about 9:15. i had to cash my check so i told her to go to electronics and get the PS3 that was on sale(i already had one but it is old). so i cash my check and start to electronics here she comes with the PS3. glad i sent her to get it. it was the last one in the store . and she only got it because she saw it behind the counter and asked about it..i was suprised to find out it also came with 2 games which it didn't say that in the add....excellent deal PS3 with 2 games and controller for $199

You might have gotten the upgraded package. I don't think it was supposed to come with two games. Mine didn't come with any. Lucky you!!!

#72 sigrist_2000  OFFLINE  

sigrist_2000

I'm a Shopaholic...feed me!!!

• 1,140 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 1:03 pm

did it come with the 100gc?

#73 kathytheshopper  OFFLINE  

kathytheshopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 1:07 pm

I printed out the coupon from the link posted here. It does say void if altered, COPIED, sold or exchanged. It looks like this is a copy of the ones in the store which are colored and on that slick paper. I don't know if this coupon is legit. I tried printing a few coupons off websites once but the stores wouldn't take them. It's in Walmart's court and if they accepted yours then so be it! :) If they aren't supposed to take them they better train their employees better.

#74 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 1:54 pm

Thanks. I made it to Walmart and climbed the shelves for the last 2 Ubuild Monopoly then had to wait at checkout while clerk went to CS to verify she could accept my coupons. A bargain is great and all but when people make fraudulent copies of coupons it hurts normal coupon shoppers who aren't trying to take advantage.

#75 weenier  OFFLINE  

weenier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 1:56 pm

did it come with the 100gc?

it also came with drakes unchartered 2 and medal of honor special edition

yeah i got the $100 GC with it...i took the PS3 out and put it in my van then went back in and used $90 of the gift card to buy a few small things i needed....lol

#76 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 1:59 pm

I honestly don't see how it matters. Either you hit Copy, Qty 2 - or you hit Print, Qyt 2. The website does not limit the amount of times you can print the coupon, so it shouldn't matter if you are printing them one at a time, or copying them 10 at a time.

If we're talking about coupons.com it limits print to two. In addition, each coupon has a unique dot-scan barcode below the expiration date.

The next time you try and use a perfectly valid coupon, and are told you can't, think back to this thread and you'll have a clue why.

#77 peifgirl  OFFLINE  

peifgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2010 - 10:46 pm

This is also why so many stores won't take coupons printed off line anymore :(

#78 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,132 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 4:38 am

This is also why so many stores won't take coupons printed off line anymore :(

In my area they seem to have gone through a spell but are now accepting them again. Has anyone else stopped getting coupons in Sunday paper? My aunt only gets weekend newspaper and she called up one week and they told her coupons are now in thursdays paper?

#79 peifgirl  OFFLINE  

peifgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 7:54 am

My Dad's area paper puts out all the ads and coupons for the following week in the Thursday paper. Ours still come in the Sunday paper.

#80 peifgirl  OFFLINE  

peifgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 7:58 am

I forgot to post I got the XBOX 360 250gb system on this sale. It was $299 with a $75 in store credit card. So I returned the 4gb one I got there a few weeks ago and bought the 250gb one. I figured heck for $25 more I got the "bigger" system. I'll use the $75 for something there sometime soon. Probably groceries haha. I got there at 11pm last night and there was one left!

#81 afancyfeline4u  OFFLINE  

afancyfeline4u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 9:50 am

Our wal-marts only take online coupons if they are printed in color. No black and whites.

#82 cberrytech  OFFLINE  

cberrytech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 10:29 am

If we're talking about coupons.com it limits print to two. In addition, each coupon has a unique dot-scan barcode below the expiration date.

The next time you try and use a perfectly valid coupon, and are told you can't, think back to this thread and you'll have a clue why.

I used several of them printed from coupons.com, all in black and white, with no problems. No overrides needed, register scanned them all.

#83 Cinnamonhuskies  OFFLINE  

Cinnamonhuskies

• 2,426 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 7:38 pm

Dh and i went to Walmart tonight at 8 pm and they had ALOT of Wiis left...no red, but plenty of black and white ones with the $75 gift card. Lots of PS3s too with the $100 gift card. i got a black wii, got my gift card, went to have pizza, then came back and got my stocking stuffers list.:D the checkout girl was shocked when she saw the Wii came with a $75 gc! Like they didnt know or something... IDK what the big deal is about the red edition, all that is extra is a numchuk and a Mario game. I'd rather have the kids buy their own games; they know what they like. I was mainly buying it because I want Wii Fit and dh REALLY wants the Cabelas big game hunts after seeing a commercial for it lol.

In memory of Cinnamon 1998-2010 and Myka 2001-2015

Dog mom to Remington

#84 peifgirl  OFFLINE  

peifgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2010 - 7:44 pm

Dh and i went to Walmart tonight at 8 pm and they had ALOT of Wiis left...no red, but plenty of black and white ones with the $75 gift card. Lots of PS3s too with the $100 gift card. i got a black wii, got my gift card, went to have pizza, then came back and got my stocking stuffers list.:D the checkout girl was shocked when she saw the Wii came with a $75 gc! Like they didnt know or something...
IDK what the big deal is about the red edition, all that is extra is a numchuk and a Mario game. I'd rather have the kids buy their own games; they know what they like. I was mainly buying it because I want Wii Fit and dh REALLY wants the Cabelas big game hunts after seeing a commercial for it lol.

If they don't check the ad they never know. There were never any signs when I got the Xbox. Nothing advertising that it was on sale with the $75 card.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users